Series Talk: WCQF: Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville Predators (VAN Leads 3-2)

What will be the outcome of the series?

• Canucks in 4

Votes: 30 4.2%
  • Canucks in 5

Votes: 111 15.5%
  • Canucks in 6

Votes: 242 33.9%
  • Canucks in 7

Votes: 84 11.8%
  • Predators in 4

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • Predators in 5

Votes: 14 2.0%
  • Predators in 6

Votes: 127 17.8%
  • Predators in 7

Votes: 97 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
People saying that Petterson needs to be better. Credit the Preds system, they are giving him absolutely no time or space out there.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
The only actual adjustment the Canucks need to make is scoring first. I feel like that would throw Nashville's entire strategy out the window. It's maybe slightly concerning for them that when Nashville hasn't been turtling the games have been pretty even and/or in Nashville's favor for some minimal stretches until they build a lead and just decide to sit back and block every shot, but idk.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
People saying that Petterson needs to be better. Credit the Preds system, they are giving him absolutely no time or space out there.
He has been struggling ever since they gave him maintenance days to recovery from injuries. When they finally release what he’s been dealing with it better be something serious

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
Ummmm, Pettersen had loads of time to completely miss an open net. He’s been awful for a couple of months, and was hot garbage tonight.

Preds deserve a lot of credit for the way they’re playing, but Petey’s performance is entirely on him

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
So first you disagreed with my statement that the Canucks lacked shooting talent and now (I'm assuming) you agree with me as you knew their percentages were unsustainable?

At least that's what I'm parsing through your apparent sarcasm.
I think the Canucks will be fine and that their shooting talent is quite obviously better than it was tonight, it's just extremely funny to me to see the other side of the year-long conversation come out (advanced stats don't matter, Canucks SH% are sustainable, etc.) as soon as the Canucks have found themselves on the other side of the story.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
We were told all year long that Tocchet coaches a system that causes for shooting percentages to be higher.

What system is that? Because it definitely wasn't tonights system where they were fine shooting perimeter shots just to miss or get blocked.

I'm not understanding this "we were told" stuff you guys are coming with, to be honest.

I'm just telling you what actual reality is in the present.

What some random Canucks fans said on the main boards in November is pretty irrelevant to the situation.

Reactions: CascadiaPuck

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
It's the same system that destroyed this Oilers this year.
Regular season doesn't mean much when it comes to the playoffs.

But atleast Canucks fans will have something memorable to remember about the year.

Oilers dominated the jets in the regular season a few years ago and got swept.

Pogotheclown

Oct 11, 2015
De Smith is terrible. All rebounds goes straight out, even shitty shots.
Nashville is shite, so if nucks cant beat them, they clearly dont deserve playoff.

That game was a complete shitshow, were nashville played half the game with six goalies, and nucks incapability to score, had them get away with it.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Maybe this changes a bit without Demko in net but I feel like the Canucks should just go agro at the start of the game and stop waiting to be losing before making a push like the first 2 games.

I legit have no idea what Nashville would do if they went down 2 goals. I mean maybe they'd actually have to push back and would succeed, in which case... welp. But step 1 is to at least prevent them from being able to turtle, as it has always been with turtles.

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Maybe this changes a bit without Demko in net but I feel like the Canucks should just go agro at the start of the game and stop waiting to be losing before making a push like the first 2 games.

I legit have no idea what Nashville would do if they went down 2 goals. I mean maybe they'd actually have to push back and would succeed, in which case... welp. But step 1 is to at least prevent them from being able to turtle, as it has always been with turtles.
For sure. Canucks’ MO this season has been dictating play from the start scoring first, with a good win percentage when they do.

So far they have not met the same standard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad