GDT: WCQF Vancouver at Predators, Joshua Tree vs The Cult. Friday, April 26, 4:30 PM Pacific Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
1714014600220.png

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
If we can’t score more than one goal a game..and can’t convert anything on the PP ..we’re not winning…Simple as that.

And again, De Smith did not lose us that game last night..Demko has been really solid,but he’s also let in a softy in every game…Tough spot for De Smith though, as Soros has usually been the best goalie on the ice for the last half of the Preds season.
Maybe not, but Demko doesn't let in that first softie. We wouldn't have been playing from behind going into the 2nd. Goaltending was a factor in the loss.

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
This why you give Silovs a chance we need a goalie who can at least post a 900 sv pct in back to back games.
Silovs sucks and everybody asking for him is reminding me of when everyone was thinking spencer martin was a good backup because he won games even though he looked terrible in them

Reactions: LordBacon

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
This why you give Silovs a chance we need a goalie who can at least post a 900 sv pct in back to back games.
If you go to Silovs now, it would be pretty awkward going back to deSmith. deSmith is 32 and Silovs just turned 23. You have to ride deSmith. Expecting a guy with 9 regular season starts in his career to carry the load is too much of an ask imo.

Reactions: LordBacon

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Silovs sucks and everybody asking for him is reminding me of when everyone was thinking spencer martin was a good backup because he won games even though he looked terrible in them
Peeps always need a scapegoat and pick on DeSmith rn (he's got his fair share of blame)
but the real problem is that
1. The big guns arent producing
2. Coaching staff arent adjusting good enough in game. Also they cant f***ing fix the pp in 3 months for whatever reason.
3. Petey's unprofessional work ethic. ( I like the guy but he's gonna be the next Huberdeau if he doesnt wake the f*** up, by far the biggest red flag of the team )
4. Relies on Hughes/Demko wayyyyy too much. With Demko out for the season and now the opposite team focused on shutting down Hughes, the team plays extremely uninspiring and uneffective hockey.

But hey what tf do I know. Blame it all on DeSmith.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
petey needs to shoot more and not think too much. the top guys need to get it going or else this series is over in a week.

HelloCookie

Nov 23, 2016
Finland
I might be wrong here (and i'm repeating points already made) but preds are an experienced team built for round 1 grind, and have a better ability to win games with meat and potatoes. Canucks on the other hand have 3-5 games to learn how to overcome that and execute with their higher end overall skill. Some canucks have experience in that from the NHL or from elsewhere like silovs, and hopefully the rest are quick to learn. Mental hurdles than anything else, really. Playoff spotlights and firsts and home ice responsibilities for many (young) canuck.

Reactions: Grantham
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad