GDT: WCQF Vancouver at Predators, Joshua Tree vs The Cult. Friday, April 26, 4:30 PM Pacific Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
My opinion, guys....

It's too early for all of the doom and gloom. We absolutely dominated the Preds last night but they got the lucky bounces — we didn't. That's the way it goes sometimes. We're not down in the series. It's tied. If we keep playing the way we did last night we got this. The Canucks are the better team, and If we can solve their shot-blocking even just a little, again, we got this. This is where the coaching staff needs to come up with a plan that curtails Nashville's shot-blocking prowess, and I am confident that they will.

I got a good feeling about Demko and I base that on the fact that he finished game one and skated the next day. However, the rest of my opinion is based purely on intuition.

We should support Petey, not condemn him. Yes, he is struggling, but when people in all walks of life struggle they gain strength from the people around them who support them. That's what we need to do with Petey. He chose to make Vancouver his home and we should remember that. He is one of ours, and I firmly believe that he will come around.

I am all for supporting a player and a team, not going to say he should be traded or whatever. At the same time, more and more of the criticisms toward Pete are becoming valid. His plays have not been up to the standard of his contract for some time now, and fans are expected to get frustrated.

Some positives too, we're still early in playoff, and we're still mostly the better team through the 2 games. Pete is also holding himself accountable, it seems, for the subpar performance thus far. Whether it's just lip service or not, I don't know for sure. At the end of the day, result is king, no ifs or buts. Without results, the criticisms will get louder.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Ya you don’t seem emotional at all 😂
Definitely not unhinged.

Definitely not obssessed either.

I am all for supporting a player and a team, not going to say he should be traded or whatever. At the same time, more and more of the criticisms toward Pete are becoming valid. His plays have not been up to the standard of his contract for some time now, and fans are expected to get frustrated.

Some positives too, we're still early in playoff, and we're still mostly the better team through the 2 games. Pete is also holding himself accountable, it seems, for the subpar performance thus far. Whether it's just lip service or not, I don't know for sure. At the end of the day, result is king, no ifs or buts. Without results, the criticisms will get louder.
Ok so they're valid.

Now what?

Keep on posting them over and over again and attack his character and shit on him in every conceivable way?

I'm getting irritated enough by watching Petey crap the bed. Reading about it over and over again is not my cup of tea.

Reactions: Bgav

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
View attachment 858882

Look it, I have never seen a bunch of guys look so f***ing down when something bad happens. What are you guys? Like prima donna perfect that if you can't f***in' handle adversity?

So shit's not going right. It's not f***en' working the last 2 days. f***ing get your heads out of your ass and f***ing make it work by outworking the opposition.

You kill two f***ing men, and then we stand around and watch while they f***ing score here. f***ing yous come to the bench like f***in' this and when the power play it's not working so you're trying to stick handle, you're looking like this and not standing.

Outwork the f***ing guys!

If you want it, don't just think you want it. Go out and f***ing want it. But you're not looking like you want it, you look like you're feeling sorry for yourself. And nobody f***ing wants anybody that's feeling sorry for themselves.

You got 5 f***ing games. Surely to f*** we can deal with this.

"If you want it, don't just think you want it, go out and f***in want it."

I have this tattooed on my forearm

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Definitely not unhinged.

Definitely not obssessed either.

Ok so they're valid.

Now what?

Keep on posting them over and over again and attack his character and shit on him in every conceivable way?

I'm getting irritated enough by watching Petey crap the bed. Reading about it over and over again is not my cup of tea.

Nowhere in my post did I say character attacks against him is ok.

At the end of the day, it all comes down to one singularity, which is Pete himself. He's an 11 mil player, and he should act and play like one. If not, and consistently so, criticisms will escalate, nothing can stop that. And as we already know, our management does not f*** around, they are watching too.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
This is one of the worst arguments I've ever seen to defend Pettersson's putrid play, and I keep seeing it getting thrown around. Guess what? He's not a 7.35 million dollar player right now either.

It's a not a defense. It's just correcting facts.

• Haha
Reactions: mathonwy

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
I have zero emotional attachment to the players unlike many here which is why I am able to call it like it is.

1) He is physically weak.
2) He has a lot of ups and downs.
3) He is unable to elevate his game when we need him.
4) His on ice demeanor when something goes wrong is simply embarrassing for him and the team.
5) He is being paid to carry a line. Not need people to carry him.

Thats what everybody is seeing on the ice. Trade him as soon as possible.

This is your leader:

View attachment 858830
You're not wrong about these things, but you're absolutely not posting in good faith. This is a schtick. Evidence being you wanted to trade Quinn Hughes for Owen Power.

Honestly, I'd be more likely to believe you're saying this stuff to make criticism of Pettersson look absolutely stupid rather than the other way around.

It's a not a defense. It's just correcting facts.
Sure, but it would hold more merit if he was actually playing up to his 7.35 million dollar price tag.

I want him to be at least a low end first line player. He hasn't even been that this series.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
My opinion, guys....

It's too early for all of the doom and gloom. We absolutely dominated the Preds last night but they got the lucky bounces — we didn't. That's the way it goes sometimes. We're not down in the series. It's tied. If we keep playing the way we did last night we got this. The Canucks are the better team, and If we can solve their shot-blocking even just a little, again, we got this. This is where the coaching staff needs to come up with a plan that curtails Nashville's shot-blocking prowess, and I am confident that they will.

I got a good feeling about Demko and I base that on the fact that he finished game one and skated the next day. However, the rest of my opinion is based purely on intuition.

We should support Petey, not condemn him. Yes, he is struggling, but when people in all walks of life struggle they gain strength from the people around them who support them. That's what we need to do with Petey. He chose to make Vancouver his home and we should remember that. He is one of us, and I firmly believe that he will come around.
Hell yeah brother! We need more of these good vibes around the Canucks! Love to read this stuff!

• Love
Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Oliewud

May 13, 2013
I've lost all my enthusiasm because of pettersons play.

What an epic choke job. Worse than naslund IMO.

After all that talk about "winning" and making more than nylander, holy f*** what a total clown.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Nowhere in my post did I say character attacks against him is ok.

At the end of the day, it all comes down to one singularity, which is Pete himself. He's an 11 mil player, and he should act and play like one. If not, and consistently so, criticisms will escalate, nothing can stop that. And as we already know, our management does not f*** around, they are watching too.
Actually. Technically speaking. He’s only a 7.35m player right now.

Reactions: ForecheckBackcheck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad