Post-Game Talk: WCQF [GM3] Canucks defeat Predators | 2-1 (Miller & Boeser) | In DeSmith We Trust

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
can i just say, it’s actually refreshing to see these wild canucks board mood swings again

“boeser is invisible,” 24 hrs later: “our best forward this series”

“you have to admit jtm also hasn’t done anything,” 24 hrs l8r: “keslord”

vive les playoffs babes

(i hope 30 hours from now our wives, mothers, and daughters are all wanting to have EP’s children)

To be fair, Boeser was invisible for game 1 and only decent in game 2. I don't quite agree with the criticism on JT since he's been excellent everywhere except scoring until last night. But I get it.

Basically, all it takes is one game to turn everything around. If Pettersson comes out tomorrow and pops a hat trick, nobody gives a damn what he did (or didn't) do in games 1-3. :laugh:

Reactions: arttk

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
A few thoughts on the game:

1. They started DeSmith
To be fair, Boeser was invisible for game 1 and only decent in game 2. I don't quite agree with the criticism on JT since he's been excellent everywhere except scoring until last night. But I get it.

Basically, all it takes is one game to turn everything around. If Pettersson comes out tomorrow and pops a hat trick, nobody gives a damn what he did (or didn't) do in games 1-3. :laugh:

Interesting, I thought Boeser was one of the best players on the ice in game 1....? The difference in game 3 was that his play led directly to goals scored. He still played well in game 1 though.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Boeser as a net front and Lindholm in the bumper is a long awaited powerplay adjustment to get excited about. Heck, the powerplay went from a liability to the game winner.

Reactions: arttk

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Boeser is getting a lot of love here but IMO a fire hydrant could have scored that goal, it was ALL Miller he just made his stick available. They need more out of him, more hits at least.
A lot of deserved love. Boeser got that goal, by going through the blue paint and taking punishment for it. This shows he has a lot of grit to his game. Also, the first goal JT Miller scored was largely due to the screen Boeser put up. He played a major role in both of the goals that were scored by the Canucks. He was also unlucky hitting the post a few times.

Tocchet also trusted Boeser to be out there defending the lead at the latest stages of the game indicating that he he has trust in him defensively. It goes to show how underrated he is defensively.

Hopefully he keeps this up, and gets better game by game.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Boeser as a net front and Lindholm in the bumper is a long awaited powerplay adjustment to get excited about. Heck, the powerplay went from a liability to the game winner.

Yes only question is why it took so long to see any adjustments.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad