WCQF Game 3: Nashville Predators (1) @ Colorado Avalanche (WC2) 10 ET | SN, TVAS, NBCSN, ALT, FS-TN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
If they dont challenge and then Nashville ties it up......could you imagine!?

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
Not the first time. He basically would have been awarded a penalty shot, but since there was no goalie it's an automatic goal. Same thing happens if a defending player throws their stick at the puck when you try to shoot it.

Yeah I'm aware of the rule, just haven't seen it happen before.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
His ability to make the save was impeded...shouldn't be a goal....but you never know.

Reactions: MacBradley

NeelyWasAWarrior

Don't Poke The Bear
Dec 23, 2006
Boston Garden
Just fifth total? Or fifth within a specific period of time? Then you've got refs doing a bunch of math and clock-stopping discrepancies. No real easy solution.

It can be monitored and it doesn't have to be the refs. It can be done. Something should be done because these guys have no hesitation about sending the puck all the way down for an icing and it's mostly guys that are scrubs who don't have the takent to make a skilled play.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Wow this game was fixed... since when do refs decide of the outcome in an NHL playoff game like that? There was literally 2 mins left in the game.

Considering the situation this call was suspicious af.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Great game by the Avs. They can easily win this series from what I've seen so far. Nobody on Nashville has looked very good and Mack is easily the best player on the ice.

I feel confident at home, but I'm not holding my breath on the boys winning in Nashville this year :-/

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Wait, I'm still not sure about that rule. With under a minute, the challenge comes from Toronto... but doesn't the final call come from Toronto and not the refs after the recent change? So they would in effect be... challenging themselves?

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->