GDT: WCQF Game 3: Dallas Stars @ Vegas Golden Knights | 7:30PM PT |

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
IMHO, going into this game, I thought that Cassidy would probably want to lose either this or the next game at home for two reasons:

(1) The Avs-Jets series portends to be a long one, and he doesn't want the team on ice for a long period until it is over; and

(2) He probably welcomes a longer series as an opportunity to better work Hertl, Hanifin and Manta into the system and for Mark Stone to get his legs back under him.

Not to take anything away from Dallas who played their hearts out, but recalling that Vegas basically threw the two games last years against the Stars just to keep Florida on ice (and it worked).

Somewhat obviously, this season there are some pretty significant issues that remain to be solved and a longer series can help with that. Yes, it is playing with fire, but when have the Knights ever done anything but?

I don't think the Avs Jets series will be as long as you may think. I think Colorado will take it in five or six. I also don't think they lost the game on purpose. But you could convince me one game like this isn't the worst thing for the team to go through at this point to toughen them up and challenge their resolve if they're going to be prepared to go the distance again.

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
I don't think the Avs Jets series will be as long as you may think. I think Colorado will take it in five or six. I also don't think they lost the game on purpose. But you could convince me one game like this isn't the worst thing for the team to go through at this point to toughen them up and challenge their resolve if they're going to be prepared to go the distance again.
Not looking like a long series today with another Avs win, so hopefully we win game 4 against Dallas.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
The Knights got what they deserved this game. There was only one player who deserved the win and that was Thompson. Why were they so f***ing tired in the 3rd period? How can you already be tired when you only showed up for 20 minutes in a 60 minute game?

This always seems to happen in overtime. Even 3 v 3 overtime the team looked tired as shit.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad