WCQF Game 2: San Jose Sharks (3) @ Anaheim Ducks (2) 7:30 PM PT | SN360, TVAS, NBCSN, PRIME, NBCSCA

Status
Not open for further replies.

McSkittlez

Jumbo Trollton
Jul 19, 2010
San Jose
Thought Perry's hit was dirty but I take that back. Still a dumb and selfish hit to take when your team was gaining momentum. Rakell's hit on Braun was worse.

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
Anyway, for those who havent seen the league's reasoning fr Doughty's suspension, watch the video: Drew Doughty Suspended 1 Game, Will be Out of LA Kings Lineup for Game 2

Listen to their reasons, and see if you think Perry escapes unscathed. the League said the initial contact was the shoulder, and the player had the puck. Neither fact matters.

Also, consider that Perry punched a player in the face at 20:00 in game 1. I really think he gets a game. But whatever.

Actually, I believe that this would fall under the same category of hit as the one Doughty had made. The difference is that the sharks aren't the knights.

DeadGhost

Ugistered Reger
Feb 15, 2010
Perry used to be really good at headhunting and goalscoring. Now he can't do either right. What happened to him?

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Do tell...
A scorpion asks a frog to carry it across a river. The frog hesitates, afraid of being stung, but the scorpion argues that if it did so, they would both drown. Considering this, the frog agrees, but midway across the river the scorpion does indeed sting the frog, dooming them both. When the frog asks the scorpion why, the scorpion replies that it was in its nature to do so.

The Scorpion and the Frog - Wikipedia

Perry just can't help himself, it's in his nature.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Karlsson was actively poking for the puck on the boards, he'd just touched it a second before. He didn't have any possession, but I understand why Perry thought he could hit him. From what I could tell the hit itself didn't make primary head contact or target the head - the helmet popping off made it look much worse than it was. It was stupid because it was so unnecessary, but I don't think it was dirty, and I understand why Perry didn't think it was interference
Yeah I don't consider it dirty but I don't know how you hit a guy unless you are completely sure he actually has possession with just a few minutes left in a playoff game. Way too big of a risk he took.

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
The Perry hit wasn't dirty, but it was an ill timed interference call. Not a good time to take that penalty; Perry needs to give his head a shake after that one. Might have cost the game

Reactions: The Duck Knight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad