WCQF Game 2: San Jose Sharks (3) @ Anaheim Ducks (2) 7:30 PM PT | SN360, TVAS, NBCSN, PRIME, NBCSCA

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronDellForPrez

RF Modulator
Dec 29, 2009
New Zealand, South Island
Again, look at the drew doughty hit. He hit the shoulder, from the side, and the guy had the puck, and no penalty was called. But the impact affected the head, so he was suspended. This one even had the penalty called, though the hit was nearly identical. No one in LA thought Doughty had any chance of being suspended. said all the same things. Yet he was suspended, because the league needs to show it is cracking down on things like that.

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
Sorry just saw it again, didn't look as bad as it did when I first saw it. I'm watching on a phone and it looked like an easy suspension at first.

Nick1219

Mar 15, 2012
Definitely a penalty. You simply can't have guys taking runs at unsuspecting players while they're engaged in a battle along the boards. Don't think he got him clean in the head though. That's not a suspension.

Interference? Meh...

I'd be fine with just calling it Roughing.

Reactions: GoCaps2004

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I don’t at all. Just a stupid decision.

Karlsson was actively poking for the puck on the boards, he'd just touched it a second before. He didn't have any possession, but I understand why Perry thought he could hit him. From what I could tell the hit itself didn't make primary head contact or target the head - the helmet popping off made it look much worse than it was. It was stupid because it was so unnecessary, but I don't think it was dirty, and I understand why Perry didn't think it was interference

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Again, look at the drew doughty hit. He hit the shoulder, from the side, and the guy had the puck, and no penalty was called. But the impact affected the head, so he was suspended. This one even had the penalty called, though the hit was nearly identical. No one in LA thought Doughty had any chance of being suspended. said all the same things. Yet he was suspended, because the league needs to show it is cracking down on things like that.
You can't be serious right now, if so, go see an eye doctor.

Reactions: LuG61

goodluckchuck

Apr 22, 2012
Ducks are the Capitals of the West.

Always choking and always losing games at home :laugh::laugh::laugh:

a team with Kesler will never win anything.

hockeyisgud

Feb 5, 2016
I wanted the Ducks to win this series, they always seem to get up to interesting shenanigans and rustle some jimmies in the playoffs. Hope they can come back.

Reactions: LuG61

Nick1219

Mar 15, 2012
You simply cannot have players engaged in a puck battle along the wall and have guys fly in and level them. It's more of a code thing than anything. You never see those happen in games despite the fact there's opportunities to make those hits every single shift. It would be absolute chaos and you'd have injuries all over the place if that was an acceptable play.

Call it charging or even just a generic roughing penalty.

Reactions: Phu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad