Series Talk: WCQF: Edmonton Oilers vs Los Angeles Kings - EDM Defeats LA 4-1

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
What's the best game plan for the Kings?

1-3-1 seems silly without a franchise goalie to counteract McDrai. Right now, it seems like the Oilers are going to carve them up.

Physicality is a must from puck drop but they will need to be more aggressive. It's the only way unless Talbot goes into God mode.

BullyHockey

Dec 26, 2023
Oilers in 5 or 6. Unless Talbot wants to stick it to his former team and steal the series in 7.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
You do realize Edmonton plays late if theyre on the HNIC broadcast right?
I do.and it sucks.

But I'm sure if all the leaf/ranger games were 830pm starts in Toronto/NY.. No one would mind.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
What's the best game plan for the Kings?

1-3-1 seems silly without a franchise goalie to counteract McDrai. Right now, it seems like the Oilers are going to carve them up.

Physicality is a must from puck drop but they will need to be more aggressive. It's the only way unless Talbot goes into God mode.
They need to piss us off. Doughty needs to run McDavid in first five minutes. And I think he will.

Reactions: Eternal Leaf

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
McDrai will not play 30 min a game as earlier playoffs. 3 scoring lines and a decent 4 will save the stars för later series.

Slow starts and not overplaying the stars against La means a secure 4-2 serie win.

its a Marathon not 100 meter sprint!

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Should be a dog of a series. Barely worth talking about unless LA weirdly makes some noise. Should be an easy walkover for Edmonton.

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
F*CK Vegas for dropping out of pacific and giving Oilers a Conference finals spot for free.

This series is so seen. Vegas-Edmonton would have been super exciting. So boring that Edmonton will have 0 competition before third round while the other division will be bloodpath

VILARGOD

Sep 16, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
I'm biased but I hope Edmonton f***ing destroys LA for the amount of boredom they forced me to watch this year.

And also screw Kurashev for that moronic penalty he took in the third last game vs LA.
Edit: LOL I thought you were a Bruins fan... On closer inspection that is a picture of Marchand crying. Excuse me sir.

For context, before this edit, I had mentioned that the Clarke 5-4 OT goal was not boring and that we only played twice... yadda yadda

Nothing to see here....move along people... :laugh:

Last edited:

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
F*CK Vegas for dropping out of pacific and giving Oilers a Conference finals spot for free.

This series is so seen. Vegas-Edmonton would have been super exciting. So boring that Edmonton will have 0 competition before third round while the other division will be bloodpath
You are just full of bad takes starting with your user name

Reactions: T-Funk

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
LA are pretenders for sure, but the Oilers could be worse. Regular season masterminds only to turn into fodder when the going gets tough and defensive hockey has to be played at a maximum level. I totally believe in the Oilers head coach, but I still find that they will succumb to the same mentality traits as the past couple of years since these weaknesses are ingrained in the genetic code of the Edmonton Oilers. You can hide the holes of your club like Skinner and Nurse as some examples for only so long, in the playoffs when you play the same team four, six, or seven times, those holes keep getting pried open due to video scouting and whatnot. I have the Kings winning in 7 games this year because I argue they will do a better job using Danult as a shutdown centre in their 1-3-1 schematics.

Additionally, I have LA winning because it just seems tough for a team to play other three teams in a row and not have the losing team not learn a thing or two. Don't get me wrong, the Oilers can absolutely win this series since I have it going seven games, but too much of their play this season seems "too good to be true," and those teams tend to have the toughest times as there is not adversity to face and everything is coming easy lowering your guard.

UpHere

Feelin' it
Jun 16, 2009
LA are pretenders for sure, but the Oilers could be worse. Regular season masterminds only to turn into fodder when the going gets tough and defensive hockey has to be played at a maximum level. I totally believe in the Oilers head coach, but I still find that they will succumb to the same mentality traits as the past couple of years since these weaknesses are ingrained in the genetic code of the Edmonton Oilers. You can hide the holes of your club like Skinner and Nurse as some examples for only so long, in the playoffs when you play the same team four, six, or seven times, those holes keep getting pried open due to video scouting and whatnot. I have the Kings winning in 7 games this year because I argue they will do a better job using Danult as a shutdown centre in their 1-3-1 schematics.

Additionally, I have LA winning because it just seems tough for a team to play other three teams in a row and not have the losing team not learn a thing or two. Don't get me wrong, the Oilers can absolutely win this series since I have it going seven games, but too much of their play this season seems "too good to be true," and those teams tend to have the toughest times as there is not adversity to face and everything is coming easy lowering your guard.
this is a terrible take... i assume you're trying to troll, but are not doing a very good job of it

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022

As a nuck fan I won't take the bait but I am looking forward to Vegas winning round 1 making your rant moot as a stars fan.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Oilers should win this one…….but if they don’t could be a interesting summer

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
this is a terrible take... i assume you're trying to troll, but are not doing a very good job of it
No this is him always when it’s something to do with the Oilers. No credit given, always the worst team in a game.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
While it's obviously hard to beat a team three times in a row and LA has better chances to win than they are getting credit for, there's something strange in this match up.

It's funny to be able to watch LA choke VAN to the point where they whine in the media after the game, but that belief doesn't seem to be there when they play EDM. Seems everytime they get a 2 goal lead they go back into their routine but rather than feeling like the game is over you feel like it's a matter of time until the lead is pisssd away. That's not a sustainable strategy if you're EDM, but it is a weird phenomenon.

Ever since that 3 goal implosion it's like the Kings have been broken mentally when holding a lead against us.

Another Empty Netter

Jan 14, 2011
The best news for LA is that they no longer have the useless “regular season success only” coach in Todd McLennan. He costed his own team the series last year by failing to make any in-game and game-to-game adjustments. While Woodcroft was having his way with him behind the bench. New coach now, new hope.
These kind of coaches drive me nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad