Series Talk: WCQF: Edmonton Oilers vs Los Angeles Kings | EDM Lead 3-1

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I see everyone is getting along really well ahead of game 5.lol.

Talbot and hellebyuck have the worst stats amongst playoff goalies. One of those is shocking to me. Go Rittich. A heroic 1-0 loss would be great lol

Reactions: Summer Rose

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
Draisaitl produced at a historic rate and was still injured by Mikey, both things can be true.

Players play through injuries in the playoffs all the time

That tackle move by Mikey isn’t even allowed in the nfl anymore, what kind of grown man just grabs a guy from behind and drops down dragging the other to the ice.
the same kind of "grown man" that calls himself "Mikey"

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
I see everyone is getting along really well ahead of game 5.lol.

Talbot and hellebyuck have the worst stats amongst playoff goalies. One of those is shocking to me. Go Rittich. A heroic 1-0 loss would be great lol
There's a reason for the nicknames BSD and BDR. He's way more solid than Talbot, who has been atrocious. But sadly its too little too late, Rittich should've started the series but we're finished either way.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
There's a reason for the nicknames BSD and BDR. He's way more solid than Talbot, who has been atrocious. But sadly its too little too late, Rittich should've started the series but we're finished either way.
He is. And I thought the Kings figured that out during the regular season. Was surprised to see Talbot trotted out to start the series.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Bs were up 3-1 a year ago!

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016

It's got a nice rhythm to it but Talbot has been the significantly better goaltender over their tenures in the NHL. It's not a coincidence that they've ended up on the same team twice in the NHL and Rittich was the back up both times.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
Oilers will probably win this round but take solace in knowing they will not win the Cup.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Oilers will probably win this round but take solace in knowing they will not win the Cup.

I predicted Edmonton goes all the way and wins the cup, and I think they have an excellent chance to do so.

True they were eliminated by Col/Vegas on route to cups past 2 years, but you learn from that type of loss.

I think McDavid and Draisaitl haven't even been all that good yet - not in a bad sense, more in a sense that they can still take it up a knotch or two come rounds 2 and 3.

Reactions: J bo Jeans

J bo Jeans

Aug 7, 2020
Ottawa
McDavid although leading the playoff race with 10 points, hasn't played his best hockey yet especially 5v5. Only 2 points at even strength. Will need 5v5 production to increase if they want to go the distance.

Reactions: Summer Rose

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
name a better duo than oilers fans and clearing up the ahl division before losing convincingly to the first competitive hockey team they face while blaming nurse, ceci, goaltending & the refs😂
You mean the champions? The Oilers lost to the eventual champions the last 2 years
McDavid although leading the playoff race with 10 points, hasn't played his best hockey yet especially 5v5. Only 2 points at even strength. Will need 5v5 production to increase if they want to go the distance.
What they really need to do is to end it tonight to give the guys playing hurt a couple of days to recover. Vancouver didn't finish it off last night which is good for Edmonton - the longer that series goes, the better.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
name a better duo than oilers fans and clearing up the ahl division before losing convincingly to the first competitive hockey team they face while blaming nurse, ceci, goaltending & the refs😂
Leafs fans and being jealous enough to constantly shitpost in Oilers threads
Leafs fans and deluding themselves into believing that their team would win more in any other division

Reactions: JarvisFunk

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
So far in this series Adam Henrique at 5 on 5 has a HDCF% of 89%. 17 chances for, 2 chances against.

Nugent-Hopkins the lowest rated Oilers forward at 36%, 11 for 20 against.

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
GDT is up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad