Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Kings big guys stepped up...wasn't sure the team as a whole had that kind of moxie anymore but it was really nice to see renaissance performances from Doughty and Kopitar, a bounceback from Anderson, and Danault being a gamer. Kempe always rises up in hot games, dude is gonna a win a Cup somewhere in his career, always clutch in the playoffs and he's a guy who gets more dialed in when the temperature rises. But under the radar, Byfield had himself a night, +4, 2 assists including the nutso tipdown on the OTGWG, and a few huge hits on Nurse, Kane, and McDavid

The kings will win the next 2 at home and close the series out in 6.

Oilers D and goaltending are terrible.

Yeah gentle reminder that the Kings had a 3-1 series lead and a 2 goal lead in the game before completely unraveling and losing straight out last year

There's no defeat we can't snatch from the jaws of victory, until I see otherwise, this is just Lucy setting up the football for Charlie Brown

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Edmonton has controlled like 90 percent of play . The difference is the kings capitalize on every amd any opportunity
Bounces are going the kings way. Skinner is playing brutal, the lowest scoring offense team in the playoffs had put up 9b in 2 games. That's frightening to say the least.

If Edmonton can't get average tending at best the will be lucky to get out of the first round

But u wouldn't think the kings will continue to benefit from bounces in a 7 game series

You may need to work on your math

1714062670904.png

Roughly a coin toss at even strength overall

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Edmonton has given up 9 goals in 2 games? Yikes.

They're going to need a 5-point night by McDavid every game if they can't shut down this potent Kings offense.

• Haha
Reactions: Szechwan

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I'd pick the Oilers to win the remaining games before I'd pick the Kings to win the series. I figured that the latter would eek out a win and they've done that, so it doesn't really change how I see the series going. As someone pointed out, special teams usually determine playoff series and are lopsided in the Oilers' favor. I wouldn't be worried if I were an Oilers fan... at least about this round. The defense and goaltending are a cause for concern when it comes to the next round, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: LAKings88

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Kopitar is a big, slow ugly man who pounds it in the ass and knows how to play in the sludge that is the NHL playoffs

McDavid and Draisaitl can combine for 900665347 points in the regular season but I don't give a f***. When its time to go to war in the deep sands of the playoffs, you go with the sunkened eyed bastard who knows how to f*** you in the coldest of nights as everyone has shanks in their hands

That's why Kopitar has 2 cups!

He is a grizzled bastard!!

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
There is something to be said for sacrificing offense for defense. With the defense and goaltending the Oilers have, I have always believed the two big boys need to do just that. They are obviously incredible offensive players and that still hasn’t been enough up until now. The answer isn’t more offense.

Reactions: sanscosm

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Kopitar is a big, slow ugly man who pounds it in the ass and knows how to play in the sludge that is the NHL playoffs

McDavid and Draisaitl can combine for 900665347 points in the regular season but I don't give a f***. When its time to go to war in the deep sands of the playoffs, you go with the sunkened eyed bastard who knows how to f*** you in the coldest of nights as everyone has shanks in their hands

The same guy who was eliminated by said McDavid and Draisaitl in back to back years? I'll take prime Kopitar though.

Reactions: gretzkyoilers

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta

This is fine poetry.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
They deserved to lose after that "cowboy" butchered the US anthem
We hate him in Edmonton too

You may want to check their playoff scoring.

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
There is something to be said for sacrificing offense for defense. With the defense and goaltending the Oilers have, I have always believed the two big boys need to do just that. They are obviously incredible offensive players and that still hasn’t been enough up until now. The answer isn’t more offense.
Mc100' and Drai won't play defense.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Here is the real question. When the hell are announcers going to learn how to pronounce Anze? this is season 18......18 seasons of announcers butchering his name

Incorrect- Sportsnet

Correct

incorrect- TBS/TNT

and this is from the internet, so it is 10000000% indisputably true

Correct

Last edited:

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Here is the real question. When the hell are announcers going to learn how to pronounce Anze? this is season 18......18 seasons of announcers thinking zee means an English z and not being pronounced closer to "Zshay" or "Jay"
Sportsnet I'm pretty sure is an Indian dude, who is newer and has zero idea how to pronounce slavic/balkan names.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad