• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
Really ? With whom ? Oiler on Oiler action ? Video plz ? Lol
It's on the yegwave twitter. Apparently fights broke out after game one too. Oiler fans are such an embarrassment to the country I really hope they don't go far and bring shame on our nation. I'm willing to personally guarantee that if they lose round one at home, they will be pelted with debris

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Blaming Skinner is the easy choice but the oilers are just a shitty defensive team who constantly give up odd man rushes and high danger chances
The 1st goal and 5th goal are good examples. Of this.

Oiler fans should watch the nucks and see what a top 3 defence looks like
Skinner wasn’t great last night but the defence in front of him should be a bigger concern. Nashville is a prime example of a team that protects their goalie, and they have a Vezina level goaltender. Edmonton’s too offensive guys are more concerned with flying the zone for offensive attacks than they are in keeping pucks out of the net

Big picture. The are giving up lots of goals
They’ve still given up less than LA

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Not saying you’re wrong but could be worse ; Talbot gave up 3 soft goals compared to just 1 for Skinner tonight .

And no goalie was saving Kopi’s shot that was just a perfectly sniped picked corner .
Yeah Talbot is not great, had a poor night and Kings still won. I know I'm seeing this from the lens of an oil fan but man it's tough.

The problem there was that Nurse, as usual, lost his guy in a completely unforced situation.
Which goal was nurses fault. 9 have gone by Skinner so far in 2 games. I'm sure they can all be explained away

Oiler fans should be shitting bricks this morning
Not if you're resigned to the inevitable

Reactions: Kingsfan1

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
It's on the yegwave twitter. Apparently fights broke out after game one too. Oiler fans are such an embarrassment to the country I really hope they don't go far and bring shame on our nation. I'm willing to personally guarantee that if they lose round one at home, they will be pelted with debris

It was just couple of young idiots drunks, every fan base had those.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
Oiler fans should be shitting bricks this morning

Why? Over half of LA goals went in off Oilers defensemen. LA just had puck luck - they didn't outplay anyone.

Yeah Talbot is not great, had a poor night and Kings still won. I know I'm seeing this from the lens of an oil fan but man it's tough.

Which goal was nurses fault. 9 have gone by Skinner so far in 2 games. I'm sure they can all be explained away

Not if you're resigned to the inevitable

Talbot is as average as the come. He will have a poor night every game this series. If the Oilers defensemen can figure out how to better position themselves to not have pucks go in off them its over in 5.

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo
Why? Over half of LA goals went in off Oilers defensemen. LA just had puck luck - they didn't outplay anyone.

Talbot is as average as the come. He will have a poor night every game this series. If the Oilers defensemen can figure out how to better position themselves to not have pucks go in off them its over in 5.
Giving up too many goals. You can spin it any way you want. But the Kings are keeping up

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
King's showed some moxie last night, team & stars got it done Thought Oilers were on their way for comeback win, but King's held on, and did whatever was needed for win. Like both teams: so good luck, thanks for show, and hope y'all both stay healthy...

Reactions: Fat Elvis

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
1714054190430.png

After Game 1 I posted that I wasn't happy with Stu and that 4 goals against is way too high in a blowout. I was told to calm down, one game and those goals weren't his fault.

Ok, here are 14 games. He is the Austin Matthews of goalies right now.. great in regular season and 'meh' in playoffs. So far.

I thought we'd lose last night. I think it's going to 6 or 7.

Feels like the October Oilers so far... we have to score 5 every night to win a game. 7 got us a win, 4 did not.

Before TDL - I bitched and moaned for a backup and Ceci upgrade. Year 5 of Holland and I don't see a legit backup (Pickard and Fantilli) or a 4 legit Top 4D. I've said all along this will be our achilles heel eventually.

Having said that.. great game LA and I thought it'd be a close series. LA has a great team. I'm also not sure why the goalies get so much criticism:

Rittich .921
Talbot .913
Pickard .909
Skinner .905

We never had a goalie edge.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Skinner was awful. One of those games that if you're an Oilers fan, you must have been clenching any time a shot was going towards the net. He looked like an 80s goalie on the Doughty goal and the other play where he basically jumped on the one shot that went off the post looked like a beer league play.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Watching the reply of the ot goal, I like how Kane knew it was over as soon as Kopitar got the puck on his stick.

Zero confidence in the goalie to make a save. Body language of a real winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad