Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
There's a thread dedicated to the hit if you wanna deep dive into the discussion.

Comparing it to the Archibald hit is fair, I can certainly understand anyone being confused by why one got a suspension and the other one just a minor penalty. There are some minor differences that aren't very obvious so I gotta assume those differences are important. Also suspension history might play a part. Or it's just the player safety department playing darts, who knows.

cupface52

Jan 12, 2008
Burlington, On
Lots of them already exist.

Anyway - like I said, the Oilers should take advantage of their easier matchup under this new system.

I'll leave it at that. No reason to get worked up about it.
New system? it's the original system post expansion(1968 playoffs) when there was 2 divisions.

The 70's kept changing playoff formats. '82 Got divisional playoffs.

It wasn't until '94 that the NHL started using conference based 1-8. That lasted 19 years. The NHL has used a divisional system longer than it ever used a 1-8 conference system.

Reactions: tkb81 and Holocene

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Reactions: Summer Rose

RJMA

Feb 15, 2023
Not able to make sense of the Oilers being unable to drop 10 goals per game on either of LA's completely washed goalies.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I am just so shocked a 2nd year 3rd round pick goalie making 2.6 million a year hasn't morphed into Sergei Bobrovsky or Andrei Vasilevskiy yet. 'Cup or Bust' team with the best player in the world allotting 3.3 million combined to the most important position in the sport. Boggles the mind a bit doesn't it.

Maybe Schmitty still has his Oilers setup hanging up ready to go.

• Haha
Reactions: Dirty Dan

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I am just so shocked a 2nd year 3rd round pick goalie making 2.6 million a year hasn't morphed into Sergei Bobrovsky or Andrei Vasilevskiy yet. 'Cup or Bust' team with the best player in the world allotting 3.3 million combined to the most important position in the sport. Boggles the mind a bit doesn't it.

Maybe Schmitty still has his Oilers setup hanging up ready to go.
So you're telling me if we call up Campbell and change that 3.3 mil to 7.6mil we might have a chance? I'll try anything once (or in this case twice).

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
So you're telling me if we call up Campbell and change that 3.3 mil to 7.6mil we might have a chance? I'll try anything once (or in this case twice).

Anything once and the kinky things twice ;)
Hey never say never. Although Campbell did also get lit up himself for 5Gs by the Kings farm team tonight soooooo... I dunno not great.

What if, stay with me here Kenny, instead of bad goalie what about getting a good one.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
This is why Edmonton isn't going anywhere. They never step on the throat of inferior opponents. And their goaltending ensures that the opponent will always be in the game.

Five years in without a legit #1 goalie is on the GM.

Agreed. The Oilers aren't going to be able to outscore their problems in the playoffs. They won game 1 and had to score 5 or more goals to do it. Their goaltending, just like it has the past 5 plus years, will be their undoing once again.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022

Blaming Skinner is the easy choice but the oilers are just a shitty defensive team who constantly give up odd man rushes and high danger chances
The 1st goal and 5th goal are good examples. Of this.

Oiler fans should watch the nucks and see what a top 3 defence looks like

JTeller97

Dec 25, 2020
I think people are being a little too hard on Skinner, 3 of the 5 goals he gave up were 1 on 1's another one was batted in so the only real bad goal in my eyes was the Fiala shot. Sure you want him to save some of the grade A's but that shouldn't be the expectation.

The Pale King

Go easy on those Mango Giapanes brother...
Sep 24, 2011
Zeballos
Blaming Skinner is the easy choice but the oilers are just a shitty defensive team who constantly give up odd man rushes and high danger chances

My dude, the Kings were a top-3 defensive team this year, I don't think they need to look at Vancouver to see that.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton

Skinner just can't make a save when it matters. Must feel like cheating for anyone playing against him

Reactions: Kingsfan1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad