Series Talk: WCQF: Edmonton Oilers vs Los Angeles Kings - EDM Defeats LA 4-1

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I think it could be a very close series if LA manages to score the first goal(s) and play 'their game'

snag

Feb 22, 2014
@CoffeyMcMan @Divine
Let the hate flow through you. – @starwarsgifsasaservice on Tumblr

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
The Leafs are a road team but would be a home team if they switched divisions with Edmonton.

The "WHAT IF" isms here are very strong. You guys had a combined record of 4-4 vs the playoff teams in the "pathetic" Pacific division.

How do you know that you wouldn't have been worse off?

And this idea that the west is weaker is just... kinda laughable. The 8th seed is the defending champ who have a better roster this year (by far) than last year and now have a well rested Stone and Pietrangelo.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
The "WHAT IF" isms here are very strong. You guys had a combined record of 4-4 vs the playoff teams in the "pathetic" Pacific division.

And this idea that the west is weaker is just... kinda laughable. The 8th seed is the defending champ who have a better roster this year (by far) than last year and now have a well rested Stone and Pietrangelo.

No one is saying for the Leafs to join the Pacific so I don’t get your point.

Who said the West is weaker? The Central is loaded.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Let em cope

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Bro did I tell you how much I always liked Rico and how happy I am he's on my team now?
Always saw him as a grindier RNH.
Hes a reliable presence

Will win faceoffs, can play all special teams.... hes not amazing offensively... but he does seem to always be in the right areas. Hoping he has a big playoffs for you.

I think it was a really good add for oilers(i know some are mad they gave up 1st, but getting carrick too was a low key nice add)

i actually picked oilers to win it all this year in my bracket ..... i got bored of hating on Mcdavid/Oilers(mcdavid is just too damn good, and needs to get his name on the cup) . The oiler fan base honestly isnt bad, plus it seems the Leafs/montreal fans need my attention more.

The real question @Coffey is do you like Corey Perry yet :P

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Hes a reliable presence

Will win faceoffs, can play all special teams.... hes not amazing offensively... but he does seem to always be in the right areas.

I think it was a really good add for oilers(i know some are mad they gave up 1st, but getting carrick too was a low key nice add)
He's definitely a swiss army knife, I love it.
I ain't mad about giving up the first at all, we can't draft past the top 10 anyway :laugh:

The oiler fan base honestly isnt bad, plus it seems the Leafs/montreal fans need my attention more.
200w.gif

The real question @Coffey is do you like Corey Perry yet :P
You know the damn answer, Zegs.

You know the damn answer.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
And that's to the benefit of the Oilers. An unequal playoff format will benefit some teams and hurt others.

That's why the players, including Crosby, have been very vocal against it.
Don't worry if the Oilers win the cup you can petition the NHL to put an asterisk beside it stating Divine was contesting the win because of formatting

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Well hopefully we hit it out of the park with that pick in your honor :naughty:
I won't be mad. Best of luck lol
I hated the Cali teams when we were shit cause they ran all over us all the time, but now I'm older and they're in the dumps so it's dissipated to nothing.
Shit, I was hoping Bedard would have gone to you guys or the Sharks.

I don't hate the Hawks, but ugh...

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I won't be mad. Best of luck lol
I hated the Cali teams when we were shit cause they ran all over us all the time, but now I'm older and they're in the dumps so it's dissipated to nothing.
Shit, I was hoping Bedard would have gone to you guys or the Sharks.

I don't hate the Hawks, but ugh...
Eh Carlsson is cool... we got a nice young core building.

I actually like the kings(mostly the hfboard kings fans as they are very cool people ), but i just dont think they are built to beat Oilers this year.... that PLD is looking like the West Coast Tavares move.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Eh Carlsson is cool... we got a nice young core building.

I actually like the kings(mostly the hfboard kings fans as they are very cool people ), but i just dont think they are built to beat Oilers this year.... that PLD is looking like the West Coast Tavares move.
lol I'm conflicted with the PLD trade.
I don't hate the Kings, but I don't hate the Jets either.
But it's giving us an easier road past the 1st round this year but makes the Jets stronger if we meet them.

All I know is... I don't blame HFKings for wanting Blake out.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
No man, he's a Kings fan second! Check out his posting history, he's got about 40 good posts discussing his 2nd favourite team! (and 39 of them are when the Kings play the Oilers)
Exposed. lol.

Everyone knows you're a Leaf fan. And every year, you're in the Oilers playoff threads trashing the Oilers and defending the Leafs for some f***ed up reason. When the Oilers went to the Conference Final, you were on every page of every Oiler playoff gdt complaining that the Leafs don't have as easy of a path as the Oilers, like all you Leaf fans do, all the way until the Oilers lost their final game to Colorado, and this despite your team having been bounced two rounds previously.

Or how during our 16 game win streak he is was arguing we only played bad teams and when we played good teams we played against the back up goalies and how it doesn't count.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Game 1 wasn't close, 2 own goals and a randomly exploding stick made the score pretty flattering. Have to imagine it will be difficult for LA to be worse in game 2, though they probably shouldn't have Moore.
This is the 6th post or mention ive seen regarding Moore should be suspended … what did he do ? I had switched to Lakers game out of frustration when it became 4-0

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
This is the 6th post or mention ive seen regarding Moore should be suspended … what did he do ? I had switched to Lakers game out of frustration when it became 4-0
He didn’t really do anything too egregious, just a borderline hit

Reactions: Kingsfan1

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Two minute minor molehill = Oiler fan mountain.
The problem is that an Oiler got a 1 game suspension for an identical play in the playoffs a few years ago.

I think as hockey fans and im sure the players feel this way too.

We just want consistency, but when you have a brain dead guy running the safety department who probably has CTE, it'll never happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad