Status
Not open for further replies.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
I will be shocked if the Oilers take more than 5 games to wipe the floor with the Kings after that game.

Worst part about game 1 was the fraud PLD getting his stat padding in

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Looks rough for LA
  • Can they stop taking dumb penalties and potentially suspensions?
  • Can they adjust their PK to deal with Edmonton's PP?
  • Goaltending

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
So, all of the Oiler fans who thought we were trying to reverse jinx you when we said this would be a short series. Do you believe us now?

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Game 1 wasn't close, 2 own goals and a randomly exploding stick made the score pretty flattering. Have to imagine it will be difficult for LA to be worse in game 2, though they probably shouldn't have Moore.

Reactions: Porkleaker

Calderon

Mar 24, 2006
Out of the six Oilers goals scored against a goalie McDavid was on ice for all of them, had a "3rd assist" for the lone goal he didn't get credited for. I think Hyman was there for all six as well. In other words, no secondary scoring at all. How do we see Oilers depth scoring going forward? Were they just unlucky and will they rebound G2?

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Edmonton looked good early but I think took three foot of the gas, scored on every opportunity.

LA had 3 goals scored for them by Edmonton. They always seem to get the puck luck benefit.

I expect Edmonton to tighten it up. Should b a quick series but LA will put up a fight

Reactions: soothsayer

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Special teams/goaltending sunk LA in game 1, will be interesting to see if they can adjust for game 2

Reactions: EdmFlyersfan

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
This is such a smart idea, just shut down Mcdavid. I can’t believe nobody has thought of that before.
Ryan Kesler is the only player in history who has thought of it, all it took was hooking him at every available opportunity and not getting called for it.

Oh and Hellebuyck thought of it that one year, too, where he realized that McDavid couldn't score if he simply stopped every shot.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Might be seeing Rittich soon.... Last night was lopsided but I don't see it continuing like that. Expect a nice bounceback from LA.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Not in the playoffs, where McDavid has arguably only been their 2nd best player over the last years.
McDavid has definitely been their best player despite Draisaitl's play. But the idea that the Oilers are a one line team is just not true. adding Henrique has allowed Nuge to play with Draisaitl. Combine those two with Foegele, who has suddenly found his goal scoring touch and you have a well balance second line. The third line is McLeod, Perry and Kane. They might not score a lot but they can certainly cause a lot of chaos.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
IMG_5054.png

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
That score flattered the Kings. They had several lucky bounces.

Hopefully the Oilers come out flying again in game 2.

McDavid was awesome and just dominated out there.

Reactions: Porkleaker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad