Series Talk: WCQF: Dallas Stars vs Vegas Golden Knights (Dallas leads 3-2)

Who wins the series?

• Dallas in 4

Votes: 20 3.8%
  • Dallas in 5

Votes: 70 13.4%
  • Dallas in 6

Votes: 167 31.9%
  • Dallas in 7

Votes: 132 25.2%
  • Vegas in 4

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Vegas in 5

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Vegas in 6

Votes: 57 10.9%
  • Vegas in 7

Votes: 58 11.1%

• Total voters

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Go Golden Knights Go
Go Las Vegas Go

:vegas

ummmm.....actually....there is no LAS Vegas team.

🤓

My brothers are Dallas and Colorado fans, so on principle I never want them coming out of the West... it was bad enough the avs winning in 22, don't need my other brother being happy too :laugh:

Must've been insufferable to deal with them in the late 90s/early 2000s. :laugh:

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Holidays must be interesting in the hangman family!
Safe to assume that hangman004 is the Dallas fan and hangman002 is the Avs fan? ;)
Pretty much... and then moms a Bruins fan.... So i think it's only fair to say I'm the only one in my family with any kind of taste :sarcasm::laugh:

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Thankfully living in NZ we didn't really get into hockey until after they'd won their cups :laugh:

It was a fun time for me and my school friends. I was a Stars fan and the other two were fans of the Wings and Avs. Depending on who was playing who, we'd often be 2 against 1 on who we were rooting for, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: hangman005

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Vegas on Monday.

thanos-avengers-infinity-war.gif

Reactions: sabresfan65 and Mez

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
As a reward for finishing 1st in the West, the Stars get to face a 90M dollar roster :laugh:

..who also eliminated them last year and swept them in the regular season this year.

Hey, great 1st round if they get through it. But a gut-wrenching end to the season if they don't.

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Vegas - is Vegas
Dallas - Benn and Suter
Jets - have just irrationally hated them since the Ladd/Big Buff days but also Scheifele
Oilers - Perry, Kane, Drai (hope McDavid wins one day with someone else though)
Canucks - the team itself is actually likeable and the fanbase on here is fine but I’ve dealt with so many complete asshats who happen to be Canucks fans that I want no part of those people getting to see them win
Respect.

I was just curious and they’re all valid points haha. I could be biased but I never fully understood the hatred Benn gets at times but I can understand it.

Reactions: GeoRox89

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Respect.

I was just curious and they’re all valid points haha. I could be biased but I never fully understood the hatred Benn gets at times but I can understand it.

A lot of the vitriol from last season, especially during the WCF, was from his own fanbase.......and I'm willing to bet Vegas is going to pull out all the stops to try and set him off again this year.

Hopefully it doesn't work.

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

popo

Aug 9, 2005
Respect.

Really?
I think it dates back to him cheap shotting Zetterberg in the playoffs years ago. When you are losing and chose to goon it up on a star player that is well respected you've entered dirt bag territory.
That behaviour continued, and he got in trouble against Stone last year as well.

• Haha
Reactions: Spotty 2 Hotty

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Really?
I think it dates back to him cheap shotting Zetterberg in the playoffs years ago. When you are losing and chose to goon it up on a star player that is well respected you've entered dirt bag territory.
That behaviour continued, and he got in trouble against Stone last year as well.
This is not a thing that ever happened, Benn has never even played the wings in the Playoffs.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Stars in 7. The Knights will be out to defend their title, but the Stars are poised to go on a deep run.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Respect.

I know they apologized but the Benn and Seguin comments about the Sedins years ago were classless enough that neither is getting the benefit of the doubt from me. I just don’t rate Seguin enough at this point to dislike him. Benn has had enough questionable plays over the years to push that over the edge

Remove those two guys and even though division rivals, I could get behind the Stars just for Pavs and Stankoven. One day when Benn and Suter are gone, Stankoven will make me forget my previous distaste but we aren’t there yet

(Not just because he was the hometown hero on the Blazers but more so because everything I’ve ever heard has suggested he’s just an all around great guy)

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
I know they apologized but the Benn and Seguin comments about the Sedins years ago were classless enough that neither is getting the benefit of the doubt from me. I just don’t rate Seguin enough at this point to dislike him. Benn has had enough questionable plays over the years to push that over the edge

Remove those two guys and even though division rivals, I could get behind the Stars just for Pavs and Stankoven. One day when Benn and Suter are gone, Stankoven will make me forget my previous distaste but we aren’t there yet

That’s completely fair. It’s always interesting to hear outside perspectives on your team’s players, and what other fans opinions are on them.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
14t3ho.jpg

If Vegas had just done what they were supposed to, this needn't of happened. :madfire:

Hoping for Dallas because I want to see Tanav and Pavs win a cup.

Reactions: Summer Rose

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

(Not just because he was the hometown hero on the Blazers but more so because everything I’ve ever heard has suggested he’s just an all around great guy)

Genuinely just curious, what do you think the actual quotes they said about the Sedins were?

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I say Dallas in 6. Dallas looks like the team that is going to come out of the west

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Genuinely just curious, what do you think the actual quotes they said about the Sedins were?
Benn responded to the radio host saying ‘I bet you the Sedins room together’ with ‘Who knows what else they do together, too’. The audio and transcripts are out there

No one for a moment thinks that was meant to imply anything good or innocent. It was a dumb interview where they let the host go unchallenged calling the Sedins ‘creepy’ and Seguin said they ‘looked weird’. Just all around dumb classless behaviour regardless of apologies

• Haha
Reactions: Amorgus and Satan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad