Series Talk: WCQF: Dallas Stars vs Vegas Golden Knights (Dallas leads 3-2)

Who wins the series?

• Dallas in 4

Votes: 20 3.9%
  • Dallas in 5

Votes: 70 13.7%
  • Dallas in 6

Votes: 162 31.6%
  • Dallas in 7

Votes: 125 24.4%
  • Vegas in 4

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Vegas in 5

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Vegas in 6

Votes: 57 11.1%
  • Vegas in 7

Votes: 58 11.3%

• Total voters

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Whitecloud and Hague are legitimately busted. I preferred Dallas over Edmonton for round 1 but just because there's an off chance a less relentless offense might give the Knights a better chance to clamp down and get their defensive structure back in order.

But I'm just not seeing it. Short of Thompson unlocking hero goalie mode and the Knights remembering how to play winning playoff hockey, I think this is Stars in 6.
I feel like adding Hertl, Pietrangelo, Stone, Stephenson(?) and Hanifin into the mix should offset Whitecloud and Hague but again I have no idea what kind of shape any of these guys are actually in come Monday(?)

Though yea if the goaltending is shot anyways then that'll be tough. You know how I know.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I feel like adding Hertl, Pietrangelo, Stone, and Hanifin into the mix should offset Whitecloud and Hague but again I have no idea what kind of shape any of these guys are actually in come Monday(?)

And yea if the goaltending is shot anyways then that'll be tough. You know how I know.
Hertl and Hanifin have been pleasant additions but I don't think it's enough. There's structural and effort problems with this team this year. Vegas was a lot more prepared for the playoffs last year.

Thompson played well for the most part once Hill's game tanked but he laid some stinkers too. He's our best shot in net but he needs to be locked in and be ready to steal some games.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
I say Dallas in 6. Vegas will try harder and look tough at times but I would pick the team that is great this year, not the team that is trying to flip the switch. I wouldn’t be surprised if Dallas has a couple of blowout wins and exposes the shaky defense/goaltending.

The regular season matchups mean nothing. Two of the wins were in 3 on 3 overtime. I look at it as a win and two draws, not a 3-0 record by the Knights.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Like I said in Stars thread I think it’ll be blessing in disguise; get Vegas out early and our postseason legs going cause we’ll see WPG/COL round 2 who’ll be running as well.

I see Dallas winning first two at home, Vegas getting one at home but 3-1 going back to Dallas and them ending it in 5.

Last edited:
Reactions: ElGuapo and LT

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Dallas wins, but Vegas grinds them down hard, making their path through round 1 way harder than it should be for a top seed team. Kind of a bullshit scenario.

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo
Dallas is the one team in the west that I believe that match up in depth with the Knights. And I have Stars goalies being a lot better than the Knights

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
It's pretty hard to handicap this series without knowing how close Stone is to returning. Dallas should win this though, given the current state of the VGK.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Dallas needs to come out strong and not get rattled like last year. And Oettinger needs to play as well as we know he can.

They do that, they'll be fine.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
I got Vegas in 6. Truly thought the knights would pull out all the stops in the last game to ensure an OIler match. OIler V Vegas? Vegas in 5. This series? Dallas can go toe to toe

Reactions: JKG33

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
The best series in the West, on paper. Stars in 6, but hopefully there is a game 7

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
It's so f***ing stupid that the 3 best playoff teams are all locked in to the same quarter of the bracket now. All I wanted was Vegas vs Edmonton but nope. It's sad one of these teams has to lose in rd 1. I'm going Vegas in 7

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
It's so f***ing stupid that the 3 best playoff teams are all locked in to the same quarter of the bracket now. All I wanted was Vegas vs Edmonton but nope. It's sad one of these teams has to lose in rd 1. I'm going Vegas in 7

The current playoff format is indeed ridiculous, but because Vegas didn't beat Anaheim last night this matchup would've happened regardless, even under the older/better 1-8 system.

Reactions: CanuckCity

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
The current playoff format is indeed ridiculous, but because Vegas didn't beat Anaheim last night this matchup would've happened regardless, even under the older/better 1-8 system.
Oh I realize this is a 1 vs 8. But it locks in the winner of this to play the winner of a 2v4 matchup.

Meanwhile the other side of the west, the 5th place Oilers have no buisness playing the 7th seed

ZYXWVUT

Feb 26, 2024
Like both teams. And think this is a crazy series for first round that is a tough one to predict on paper. But I will say Dallas is where they are for a reason and they get it done in 6 or 7.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad