Votes: 57 11.2%
  • Vegas in 7

Votes: 56 11.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Hoping Vegas starts Hill in net, he’s been absolute trash since coming back from injury. No chance this guy catches fire again like he did last year. Im guessing they start Thompson.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Not optimistic about this one simply for the fact that the vEeGeEkAY were the only team in the Western Conference that the Stars didn't get at least 1 win against.

1713504454306.png

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Don't really know what to make of Vegas, they haven't really played a game as a full team yet. Tough to find that kind of cohesion in less than a week but on paper they're formidable and much better than a wildcard. Dallas is a full on wagon, tons of depth and a real solid blueline.

Going to go with the Stars in 6 but I'm not super confident in it. Pretty shit prize to win the West and take on a team with that kind of budget. Although going through a battle like that in the first round might just be what galvanizes them and takes them all the way.

Reactions: I am not exposed

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
This is such a heavyweight fight and we get it early enough that we see both team with all the gas available in the tank

This is gonna be a classic series

My cup winner vs last years winner. Dallas a complete wagon and this Vegas team might be better on paper than last years team

Dallas in 7

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Stars just do not matchup well against Vegas for whatever reason. Very even teams for the most part whenever they face each other (get ready for probably 3 OT games minimum in this series), but the difference is Vegas has had some really clutch plays by guys while the Stars just can never seem to get that final goal outside of the slightly meaningless Pavelski OT winner last year which was when we were down 3-0 in the series. Will that change this year? Not sure, I need to see it to believe it. Stars have just sucked in playoff OT ever since Radulov and Klingberg left.

Whoever wins this series though, I for some reason feel like it'll be in 6 games.

BurnabyJoe7

Derek Ryan is a top 6 forward change my mind
Apr 12, 2019
  • Stone is a whiny piece of shit who I wish nothing good for.
  • Eichel is such a strange af looking mfer. Looks like what a Furby would look like if you shaved all its fur off.
  • I'm sure there's some other :eek::eek::eek::eek: on there I can't stand because he takes cheapshots at folks.

But the rest of their team I don't have any strong feelings about, lol.
O yes they have one of those. He goes by the name Alex Pietrangelo.

Stars would be wise to finish every check on him because he'll eventually retaliate. Hope he gets trucked all series.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Probably the 2 best teams in the West and one of them are going home early.....this is going to be a great series...so close....got to go with Dallas with the home town edge in 7 but it is truly a pick em....

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Probably the 2 best teams in the West and one of them are going home early.....this is going to be a great series...so close....got to go with Dallas with the home town edge in 7 but it is truly a pick em....
You could have guranteed it was Dallas if you mentioned the golf course in stead of home. :laugh:

Reactions: Devonator

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I don’t think anybody is predicting Hill to catch fire again like he did last year. Last year was a once in a lifetime moment for him. I would start Thompson to see how he fares. Hill has been trash since coming back from his injury.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Definitely not the "prize" you want for winning the west. The depth Dallas enjoyed by drafting and developing well is overcome by a team with a much higher budget thanks to LTIR. Adding Stone, Mantha and Hertl is a whole first line. Plus they have playoff experience up the wazoo. Knights in 7.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Time to see how injured the Knights really are. If they are actually banged up and Hill can't revert back to Cinderella the Stars are going to make this quick imo. But if Stone went and got a mechanical spleen and Pietrangelo just needed some Emergen-C then I dunno, have fun with that Dallas.
Whitecloud and Hague are legitimately busted. I preferred Dallas over Edmonton for round 1 but just because there's an off chance a less relentless offense might give the Knights a better chance to clamp down and get their defensive structure back in order.

But I'm just not seeing it. Short of Thompson unlocking hero goalie mode and the Knights remembering how to play winning playoff hockey, I think this is Stars in 6.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Better to face Vegas in round 1 i guess. Their defense and goaltending look much much weaker this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad