Series Talk: WCQF: Dallas Stars vs Vegas Golden Knights (Series tied 3-3)

Who wins the series?

• Dallas in 4

Votes: 20 3.8%
  • Dallas in 5

Votes: 70 13.2%
  • Dallas in 6

Votes: 168 31.6%
  • Dallas in 7

Votes: 135 25.4%
  • Vegas in 4

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Vegas in 5

Votes: 13 2.4%
  • Vegas in 6

Votes: 57 10.7%
  • Vegas in 7

Votes: 61 11.5%

• Total voters

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I know anything is possible, but I don't see DAL winning 4 out of 5 against Vegas with 3 of those coming in Vegas. I feel bad for their fans. They had such a great year and the reward for it was facing a team which may have done some shady shit to circumvent the cap. DAL got a raw deal for sure.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Almost 24 hours without a post.... :laugh:

do-something-comeon.gif

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Hockeytown USA
I've been drunk as a skunk not just a few times in Big D. It's a great place for Tex-Mex and BBQ (two things you really can't get in Vegas, despite the best faux attempts), and if you don't like those two things then I really don't care what you think about anything.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
I've been drunk as a skunk not just a few times in Big D. It's a great place for Tex-Mex and BBQ (two things you really can't get in Vegas, despite the best faux attempts), and if you don't like those two things then I really don't care what you think about anything.

Yeah. Great BBQ and Tex-mex are definitely 2 things you can’t get in Vegas.

But it evens out. 2 things you can’t get as easily in Dallas compared to Vegas?

Harder to get Herpes and harder to get sick of living in f***ing Vegas.

Shots fired Vegas!!!

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
GDT is up

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Dallas almost had game stolen by Vegas goalie, but they found a way. Kudos Dallas, you've done what teams have to do if players want their own "Stanley Cup Banner" in rafters. Your team brought it last night and did everything they could to not be denied. Opportunities cashed-in -vs- Opportunities lost = Dallas won this battle. Now it's a series again, and we'll see what happens game 4, Both teams are very good, and I'm witnessing two goalies playing at very high levels so far. So much so, Vegas about stole game last night right from Dallas. Was awesome game to watch, thanks to both teams for putting on a show.. Much kudos to both teams bringing it!!!

Good guys = 1
Bad guys = 2

<<< Betting E$PN/NHL/Media want 2-2 series >>>
  • Some entities want whole LTIR controversy to live long and well..... $$$$$
  • Like it or not: Good guys -vs- Bad guys sells/grabs audiences because even non-fans of teams become very interested in outcome. Embracing the madness, we humans do well.
  • Causing folks to be in uproar/emotional, while creating two front-lines that go back & forth relentlessly.
  • Not sure of Dallas & Vegas weakness/strengths concerning PP & PK, other tendencies, and all data ones needs to figure out what games needs to be, that gives Dallas best odds. But that's the game I'd bet on, if forced to bet.
  • With today tech abilities: we get those stats/trends/data in real-time compared to past era's. Folks with power to do so can change style of game on-the-fly, and can adjust to how teams are playing that night (Each game has own personality and what works one game might not be so next game).
  • Thus, executives have much easier time adjusting to what they want in real-time. Odds are increased here, when it comes to game/series management being successful with such great access to data/stats/trends in real-time. This is similar to comparing battlefield generals getting orders/data to front-line by Horseback -vs- Smartphone/Radio method(s). One doesn't have to wait to change flow of things on battlefield, and game/series management benefits within this better technological environment.
If I had to bet, my money would be on whatever called game helps Dallas the most, is the game we'll witness during game 4. Doesn't guarantee nothing for Dallas, if game 4 is called more towards Dallas favor. Just has we all witnessed during my favorite team, Lightning, playoff game 3 match-up -vs- Florida >>> During Lightning -vs- Panthers game 3, Lightning were given NHL/E$PN game/series management bone, to bring that series to a 1-2 result. Lightning failed to seize those opportunists, that's on them and them alone (Adults with silver spoon growing up, dropping life's ball it was indeed!). That's happens to best of them, seen so much over-the-years witnessing many Lightning playoff games in short span.

That's one of reasons: to why my belief is any legit "Cup" contender has to be deep in many, many, many ways! They need to be able to handle "All situations": from having good at PP, good at killing them, good playing shut-down hockey, good at skating/aggressive, have great goalie play to survive flows of playoff hockey, beat game/series management well, etc. This can be summed up with "One is better having more control of their situation" if ones wants to increase odds. Legit "Cup" teams overcome whatever game stands in front of them, that simple. Vegas is all that, But..... it's a shame Vegas didn't do it on up & up though. Dallas is legit "Cup" contender also, enjoy this series NHL fans its filled with all kinds of goodies..... :)

Last edited:
Reactions: PGW

Jixer19

Dec 19, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta
Great game, Dallas!!!

Oh, they didn’t roll this with Landeskog; they’ve just operated over the cap a little bit as well. I think they’re at $90M.

Looking forward to the game this afternoon. 👍
Colorado is close to 90m if you count Landy and Francouz on the payroll (7M and 2M caphits), which the later retired from hockey as the regular season ended from injuries and Landy hasn't played in almost 2 years, so doubtful if he does make a comeback (as much as I want him too, better to be safe for his own life after and be sure he can handle it). So saying Colorado is part of the teams that used this loophole is bogus, since they are not one, thanks.

Back on topic though, last nights OT game was quite fun from an outside neutral fan of this series

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
bc it's not allowed by the league. vegas and stone are colluding and lying about his regular season availability.
It actually is allowed by the league. The league approves and oversees EVERYTHING about LTIR stuff. It's not just team-handled.

So really you're going to want to be saying is the league is the one who is doing a poor job and they are colluding/lying, which is an argument I can get behind.

Reactions: WhataKnight

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Going to be an interesting game 4. Dallas dominated game 3 but barely came out ahead due to great goaltending and poor finishing. They shot low on Logan Thompson all night and I wonder if they make the adjustment to go upstairs on him more because he owned them on low shots all night in a game where they had enough looks to probably score 6+.

Reactions: WhataKnight

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
Colorado is close to 90m if you count Landy and Francouz on the payroll (7M and 2M caphits), which the later retired from hockey as the regular season ended from injuries and Landy hasn't played in almost 2 years, so doubtful if he does make a comeback (as much as I want him too, better to be safe for his own life after and be sure he can handle it). So saying Colorado is part of the teams that used this loophole is bogus, since they are not one, thanks.

Back on topic though, last nights OT game was quite fun from an outside neutral fan of this series
Totally! Though to be fair, that info was from the regular season, with the context only regarding operating with an overage, as opposed to rosters iced.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Stars forward usage stood out to me tonight. Duchesne led them in TOI and it was the right call.. he was on it. Johnston 2nd.. what can you say about this guy?

Pavelski and Seguin next before you get to Hintz at 5.. Benn then Stankoven and finally Robertson at 8th with 15 minutes. What do stars fans make of this?

I have watched playoffs a long time.. I don't recall a team playing 6 d and playing the 6th d so little. 3 shifts for 1:09 tonight. 2:21 in game 3. Will Nils Lundqvist play more at home? Perhaps they are content playing 5 and that is that. One injury could change things though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad