Series Talk: WCQF: Dallas Stars vs Vegas Golden Knights (Series tied 3-3)

Who wins the series?

• Dallas in 4

Votes: 20 3.7%
  • Dallas in 5

Votes: 70 13.1%
  • Dallas in 6

Votes: 168 31.5%
  • Dallas in 7

Votes: 138 25.8%
  • Vegas in 4

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Vegas in 5

Votes: 13 2.4%
  • Vegas in 6

Votes: 57 10.7%
  • Vegas in 7

Votes: 61 11.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
I hope not, Thompson isn't the reason we're losing. Only having about 5 skaters willing to put in the hard work is.

Thompson has been a great first save goalie (unless the shot is around his shoulders apparently), but he's had terrible rebound control. Luckily, it looks like Vegas knows that so they have guys in front of the net to get to those before Dallas.

I think the high goals got in his head last night as evident by the chance where the 4th line almost beat him with a simple deke because he was protecting the post so much like he was worried they'd get one there again.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Thompson has been a great first save goalie (unless the shot is around his shoulders apparently), but he's had terrible rebound control. Luckily, it looks like Vegas knows that so they have guys in front of the net to get to those before Dallas.

I think the high goals got in his head last night as evident by the chance where the 4th line almost beat him with a simple deke because he was protecting the post so much like he was worried they'd get one there again.
Which is funny @HanSolo and I were saying after game 2 how shaky he was looking with is glove, he seems to have done the whole switcharoo and is now flashing out leather and looking shaky in other areas. :laugh:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I hope not, Thompson isn't the reason we're losing. Only having about 5 skaters willing to put in the hard work is.
I'd say five is a stretch. I don't know if you're including Hertl in that estimation but I'm baffled at his effort level lately. He seemed so fired up on his return from injury. Now he looks as lazy as most of the rest of this team.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I'd say five is a stretch. I don't know if you're including Hertl in that estimation but I'm baffled at his effort level lately. He seemed so fired up on his return from injury. Now he looks as lazy as most of the rest of this team.
Eichel, Karlsson (pretty sure he's nursing something, but still putting in the effort) McNabb, Marchy (though I think he has another gear) are the four I could come up with I guess I could cheat to add Amadio :laugh:... so yeah five is a stretch, unless I overlooked someone.

I mean half the team has missed considerable time this season, there is no excuse to be lazy :laugh:

Reactions: Summer Rose

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Eichel, Karlsson (pretty sure he's nursing something, but still putting in the effort) McNabb, Marchy (though I think he has another gear) are the four I could come up with I guess I could cheat to add Amadio :laugh:... so yeah five is a stretch, unless I overlooked someone.

I mean half the team has missed considerable time this season, there is no excuse to be lazy :laugh:
I think considering Amadio and Howden are basically energy guys that provide secondary scoring, the lack of energy is all the more noticeable with them.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Compared to who?

They find gems almost every year....

2005- Neal 2nd round
2007-Benn- 5th
2009- Reilly Smith 3rd
2010-Klingberg 5th
2012- Lindell 3rd
2013-Nick Paul 4th
2015-Hintz 2nd

Vegas hasn't even found a player outside the first round worth talking about yet.
Vegas drafting has been awful but pretty much all of Dallas’ top talent was found in two drafts. Hintz in the second and maybe Harley mid first are the only picks really making an impact with this team. The ‘18, ‘16 and ‘14 drafts are particularly awful and they need Bourque to be someone to salvage the ‘20 draft.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Vegas drafting has been awful but pretty much all of Dallas’ top talent was found in two drafts. Hintz in the second and maybe Harley mid first are the only picks really making an impact with this team. The ‘18, ‘16 and ‘14 drafts are particularly awful and they need Bourque to be someone to salvage the ‘20 draft.

Last night's Stars roster featured ten players that the team drafted and developed.

Plus two more who were scratched, in Bourque and Faksa.

Seems like their drafting and development has been pretty solid as of late.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Last night's Stars roster featured ten players that the team drafted and developed.

Plus two more who were scratched, in Bourque and Faksa.

Seems like their drafting and development has been pretty solid as of late.
And 5 of those were in the two drafts mentioned. That means only 5 players they’d drafted are on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad