Series Talk: WCQF: Dallas Stars vs Vegas Golden Knights (Series tied 3-3)

Who wins the series?

• Dallas in 4

Votes: 20 3.7%
  • Dallas in 5

Votes: 70 13.1%
  • Dallas in 6

Votes: 168 31.5%
  • Dallas in 7

Votes: 138 25.8%
  • Vegas in 4

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Vegas in 5

Votes: 13 2.4%
  • Vegas in 6

Votes: 57 10.7%
  • Vegas in 7

Votes: 61 11.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
You are.

Don't try to disarm us with your particular brand of humor...
Well then I will have to disarm you in other ways....

tumblr_na42t0jRgI1qi8pz7o2_r1_250.gifv

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Really is a shame this is only round 1, this series is too good.
Not to be that fan but presuming the next game goes the same, I think rounds 2 and 3, Dallas is going to have far more motivated opponents. I've said before that I wouldn't mind Vegas losing this year after the big LTIR additions. As a fan I still wanted to see the team play good hockey after a season of the same lazy and unmotivated play we're seeing now. Outside of Game 2, I don't feel like I've seen that at all. I give credit to Dallas for outworking them. Don't get me wrong. Just would've liked to see Vegas match that compete level or exceed it here and there.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Thank god Stone's doctors prescribed Benzodiazepines to all the players on Vegas roster.
We all know an alert, motivated Vegas team is way too good for this league

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Thank god Stone's doctors prescribed Benzodiazepines to all the players on Vegas roster.
We all know an alert, motivated Vegas team is way too good for this league
I don't know about all that. I wouldn't be totally confident that Vegas could repeat even if all the skaters were at their best. Hill and Thompson haven't been.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I'd be shocked if Hill was back in for game 6. He played well but Thompson was incredible for then first 4 games. I was so surprised by the switch by Cassidy. In fact I think that had Cassidy left Thompson in for game 5, good chance Vegas would have won.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
While I do want the Knights to win the series overall, I do find it morbidly amusing whenever a playoff series is clinched by the visiting team in overtime.

So... game 7 goes to overtime and the Knights win... sound fair? :P
no. stars in 6, pls n ty.

also, i gotta know, is the liking everyone's posts a superstition?

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Yes, because your team does not give up many high danger chances. They clog up the middle and are ruthless at defensive coverage in their own zone. Thompson had a great game in game 3, but the defense really doesn't let him get exposed to high danger shots. Dallas has had to earn every goal they've gotten (minus the Marchment one).

These are two juggernauts going at each other.
I don’t know about that. They have given up high danger chances in other ways. Pietrangelo with his dumb mistakes cost the team games 4 and 5. Dumb penalties, him and Theodore fumbling the puck away leading to breakouts the other way, and that penalty by Pietrangelo in game 5 that led to the game winning goal was inexcusable. Guy is a waste of $8.8 million in this series.

Dallas has also played to protect their lead in the 3rd period.

FWIW I saw this posted by SinBin.Vegas

“The Golden Knights had ZERO high-danger chances in the 2nd period, per @NatStatTrick. That includes the 2 minutes of PP time.

Dallas had 7 and now lead the game 12-4 and the series 80-40 in all situations.”

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
He also posted this on his Twitter account:

“VGK vs DAL thru 5 games

Expected Goals
20.27-12.46 DAL (61.9%)

Scoring Chances
178-119 DAL (59.9%)

High Danger Chances
81-43 DAL (65.3%)

PDO
VGK - 100.4
DAL - 99.6

High Danger PDO
VGK - 109.9
DAL - 90.1”

Funny to see that after he posted that Dallas was done after game 2.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
what percentage of hockey fandom is wanting a stars win tomorrow? i'm putting the over under at 75%
I wonder what percentage actually believes Stone is 100% and was 100% last year too.

I definitely suspected the team was playing some games but the “advantage” has been way overblown. I would much rather have a strong regular season like Dallas and be the #1 seed than be an 8th seed that struggles to get in and tries to flip a switch right away.

I predicted the Knights would lose in 6 but I was pretty shocked to see Dallas down 2-0.

Everyone gets impressed by names and talent but it definitely takes a great deal of effort to be the #1 seed. Dallas clearly is the team with more heart. If I was a neutral fan I would root for the team with heart over the entitled, lazy team.

Reactions: olli

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
He also posted this on his Twitter account:

“VGK vs DAL thru 5 games

Expected Goals
20.27-12.46 DAL (61.9%)

Scoring Chances
178-119 DAL (59.9%)

High Danger Chances
81-43 DAL (65.3%)

PDO
VGK - 100.4
DAL - 99.6

High Danger PDO
VGK - 109.9
DAL - 90.1”

Funny to see that after he posted that Dallas was done after game 2.
Vegas wasn't all that great in last years' playoffs in terms of expected goals, and scoring chances either.

Someone needs to tell them to score on 12.5% of their 5v5 shots, and Hill to play like prime Hasek again.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I wonder what percentage actually believes Stone is 100% and was 100% last year too.

I definitely suspected the team was playing some games but the “advantage” has been way overblown. I would much rather have a strong regular season like Dallas and be the #1 seed than be an 8th seed that struggles to get in and tries to flip a switch right away.

I predicted the Knights would lose in 6 but I was pretty shocked to see Dallas down 2-0.

Everyone gets impressed by names and talent but it definitely takes a great deal of effort to be the #1 seed. Dallas clearly is the team with more heart. If I was a neutral fan I would root for the team with heart over the entitled, lazy team.
I still stand by Dallas in 3 :laugh:

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Best game Vegas played in the series by far. Dallas gets last line change but unless they figure something out quick I don't see the result being any different.Too much talent on Dallas front not to be this ineffective.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I'd be shocked if Hill was back in for game 6. He played well but Thompson was incredible for then first 4 games. I was so surprised by the switch by Cassidy. In fact I think that had Cassidy left Thompson in for game 5, good chance Vegas would have won.
It just sounds like you were wrong about Hill.

Reactions: WhataKnight

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Best game Vegas played in the series by far. Dallas gets last line change but unless they figure something out quick I don't see the result being any different.Too much talent on Dallas front not to be this ineffective.
Absolutely. Extremly close game and game 7 could go still go either way, Debeors game 7 streak is in play once again.... it'd be nice to ruin it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00