Votes: 34 16.0%
  • Jets in 7

Votes: 7 3.3%

• Total voters

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I actually think it's a slow rebrand we're watching. Seems like they've been leaning more into the blue than burgundy the last 5 years or so but it might've started with the blue-berries. We've had the 2nd Retro Colorado State Flag uniforms we wore for a season, we're still using the illuminati design as our thirds. Would not surprise me in the least if our next home jersey is navy with burgundy accents.
Gross.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Just love the fact that we built an entire team of wingers that are good at scoring playoff style goals. With Makar, Toews, and Mack having accurate shots. Mack and Makar can essentially "create their own shot" as well.

Even Colton is a net front guy and Kovalenko not bad either.
What strikes me about our winger group isn't really the way they score, it's the way they defend. Between Lehkonen, Nichushkin, and Landeskog, we really are hoarding a lot of the better two-way wingers in the league.

Sometimes I watch a team like Edmonton or Toronto and think to myself that their forward groups desperately need a Nichushkin type of player to balance everything out. They've got the offense, but they need somebody to create space for their stars in the playoffs, and that missing ingredient is holding them back from reaching their potential as a team.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I agree. But have you seen any of the Avs jersey's other than the mains? This is a team that stuck with the uniprons for over a decade. They also green-lit a jersey inspired by the bib you get from an all you can eat crab special at a freaking Red Lobster.

download.jpg

This photo was taken the moment the players were told the jerseys weren't a prank. Not one of them looks pleased.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I agree. But have you seen any of the Avs jersey's other than the mains? This is a team that stuck with the uniprons for over a decade. They also green-lit a jersey inspired by the bib you get from an all you can eat crab special at a freaking Red Lobster.

View attachment 864807

This photo was taken the moment the players were told the jerseys weren't a prank. Not one of them looks pleased.
Rants looks 10 years older now

IhBL9dT.png

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
How can 33 saves in 36 shots be .944 sv? Should be 0.916 sv%.
Someone is either bad at math or trying to pad Georgiev’s stats
Own goals are goals that don’t count as shots, and you can’t add an assist on the play.

So, when these own goals happen they still count on the scoresheet and still count as a goal against for the goalie, but they do not count against the goalie’s save percentage.

For example, in Game 5, Alexandar Georgiev faced 36 shots and allowed three goals.

In theory, you’d figure out his save percentage as 33 divided by 36, for a .916 showing. But because own goals don’t count as shots, his official statistical line is 34 saves on 36 shots, for a .944 save percentage.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Own goals are goals that don’t count as shots, and you can’t add an assist on the play.

So, when these own goals happen they still count on the scoresheet and still count as a goal against for the goalie, but they do not count against the goalie’s save percentage.

For example, in Game 5, Alexandar Georgiev faced 36 shots and allowed three goals.

In theory, you’d figure out his save percentage as 33 divided by 36, for a .916 showing. But because own goals don’t count as shots, his official statistical line is 34 saves on 36 shots, for a .944 save percentage.

That seems like that doesn't need to be the rule.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Good article:

Really good, suggest everyone gives it a read.

Ross Colton, who joined the team this past offseason from Tampa Bay. “I didn’t realize they looked that much into it. We never really did that kind of stuff in Tampa. Obviously, we talked about some things, but not like this.”
“Pretty much the whole pre-game meetings are based on the other team’s analytics,” said defenseman Sean Walker, who joined the club before the trade deadline after time with the Flyers and Kings. “It’s new to me. It’s not something that I paid attention to too much before, but it definitely gives you a strong idea of what the other team is trying to do. I think it’s helpful. It’s definitely interesting to see the analytics and how it plays out on the ice.

“(My previous teams) would talk about some stuff, like ‘they like to do this’ and I’m sure that was based off the analytics, but here they actually show you the numbers and the stats and where they place in the league.”

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Good article:

Very good read. It looks like the Avs have invested good money into their analytic department and it is paying off. If only they would do the same with their amateur scouting department (although we can see some signs that it could be getting better).

And some people here want Bednar fired......

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
No paywall for me either. It was actually quite interesting

“We’re just trying to find a competitive advantage to what we’re doing,” Avs defenseman Devon Toews said. “Analytics gives you data, and our coaching staff does a good job of supporting it with video and the things that show you the eye test as well as the numbers. They do a good job of bringing both pieces to us and we’ve done a good job of implementing it in games.

“They do a good job of understanding, like this number is a bit of an outlier and they’re not seeing that when they watch the video. Others stick out and it’s very blatant and straightforward — this is the way they play and this is what they do and that’s why the numbers are like that. They do a good job of explaining all of that.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad