Votes: 39 18.4%
  • Jets in 6

Votes: 34 16.0%
  • Jets in 7

Votes: 7 3.3%

• Total voters

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
What pisses me off is that Bednar really didn't give Annunen a fair shot later in the season. I'm not even talking about him getting a chance of overtaking Georgiev, he didn't still even get the number of games a backup should. Georgiev was shit this year, and he was also overplayed this year.

Annunen should've gotten more games, and if he had got those we might have a fresher Georgie, or a better idea what Annunen is right now. Instead, we have neither. Thanks Bednar.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
What pisses me off is that Bednar really didn't give Annunen a fair shot later in the season. I'm not even talking about him getting a chance of overtaking Georgiev, he didn't still even get the number of games a backup should. Georgiev was shit this year, and he was also overplayed this year.
Bednar's mission has always been to get Georgiev back on track.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

200w.gif

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Well then he's doing it wrong. First of all, he should be focusing on Avalanche winning, not getting Georgiev on track. And secondly, maybe playing the living shit out of your goalie isn't the best way to do it after all?

Only Saros played more than Georgiev, and he's a legit superstar goalie, who can challenge for Vezina every year. Georgiev isn't that. I can't for the life of me understand, why he got so many games, while his position as a #1 was never in question. Annunen, Prosvetov, I don't care. They were not going to take the #1 goalie spot from him, if they had played just 10 games more.

I've been one of the biggest Georgiev defenders at HFBoards for years, first at HFNYR and now at HFAvs. I'm not defending him anymore, but this is not just a Georgiev problem. It's how Bednar deploys him.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Finally someone who understands how betting odds work. It’s not about who will or will not win. It’s about who the bets are being played on and making sure the book stays relatively balanced in terms of money in vs potential money out.

Theres funny fudge factors built into the numbers. Right now for BCLC you have the Avs at 1.71 (implied probability of 58.48) and the Jets at 2.10 (implied probability of 47.62). That’s a ~106% probability that one of those teams will win a series that we know must have a winner or a 6% advantage they’ve built into the odds.

So let’s say they take in 550 000 in bets on the Avs and 450 000 on the Jets (book mirrors the odds split). Thats 1 million the book has taken in. Avs win and they pay out 940 500. Jets win and they pay out 945 000. They’re paying out less than they’re taking in no matter who wins. That’s the goal of a sports book. They want that book balanced and set the odds so that they are very likely to make money no matter who actually wins.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
The NHL Network is doing the previews and doing a simulation for every series. Avs beat the jets in 6 based on their simulator…

Plan the parade folks!!!!!

Last edited:

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Betting lines are down on win the most money possible for the house. Not predict the future. Completely different goals.
If the Avs had the lowest betting line to win the cup, it's because the general public (betters) were betting on the Avs to win the cup more than any other team.

So they were deemed favorites by the general public/people betting at one point.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
If the Avs had the lowest betting line to win the cup, it's because the general public (betters) were betting on the Avs to win the cup more than any other team.

So they were deemed favorites by the general public/people betting at one point.
That’s not exactly how it works… but have you met the general public?

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
MacK goes super nuclear and they barely lose game 1 and 2. Game 3 the Avs win in a cakewalk. Jets win games 4 and 5 convincingly.

As he walks off the ice in game 5 after a terrible turnover Rantanen tells Bednar he's never playing for Colorado again.

Rantanen is traded for a 33 year old winger like Foligno or something.

Reactions: missionAvs

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4