• Jets in 6

Votes: 34 16.0%
  • Jets in 7

Votes: 7 3.3%

• Total voters

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Why phrase it this way? Avs are first team to score 5 goals or more in the first 5 games of an opening round series.
1) Because it’s sportsnet and they’re going to focus on a Canadian team
2) Because other teams have scored 5+ goals their first 5+ games before (not many like 4 of them IIRC), it just appears this is the first time that’s happened all against one team so they’re trying to avoid a bunch of dumb twitter people going at them when they read it wrong if they use the ‘first round series’ qualifier

Bensch88

Jan 15, 2012
Germany
I f***ing love this team. They found another Level and i'm sure they are going to find just another higher level in the next round. I dont care who they are going to face, bring them on. We have a team full of winners, playoff performers and superstars, a great attitude in the locker room and a good Coach. Maybe Drouin can help Mac find his game and hopefully Georgie can keep his play of late. Stars or Nites, i dont care, both should be afraid of the Avs. Both are really really good teams but the Avs can win against anybody. I mean they scored for fun on Helle, one of the best goalies out there. Cant wait to see what the next few weeks will bring.

Reactions: MacKaRant

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
HellaAnnoyingNameToSpell might have secured an unbreakable record like some of Gretzky's.

Gonna take a pretty shitty opponent for someone to break that record and make it to Game 6.
Especially so given in order to beat this, a team would need to win one of those games, and not get swept. You'd expect letting in 5+ goals a game you'd be swept, but you actually need to win a barnburner to beat this record.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
This moment was noticeable live too.

They showed the Jets assistant coach stepping over the bench to talk to the players on the ice, but none of them had made it back to the bench yet. Then they cut to the Avs bench, and the entire team was huddled around Jared.

Then they went to a split screen, and still nobody was standing on the ice listening to the Jets coach, he was just talking to one or two guys sitting on the bench barely paying attention. Winnipeg called the timeout too.

The Avs don't just beat you at hockey, They beat you mentally. Teams just don't know what to do to beat them, because when they play their game, it's near perfect hockey. Often leads to extreme frustration for the opposition.

They beat all their opponents mentally, before they beat them in the series during the Cup run, and they're 1 for 1 at it this year.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Georgiev stepped up to be a Lars Ulrich of a Metallica where every other member is a James Hetfield, willing their way to keep the train on it's tracks despite any miscues or odd beats/bars here and there. They're gonna force through the show triumphant no matter what.
Naw, he's more like Dave Mustang, he's freaking incredible when he's on, but trouble when he's not.

Let's hope Alex has a happier ending with the Avs than Dave and Metallica.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
Biggest difference between regular season Avs-Jets and the playoffs, is that we no longer wore those shitty 3rd jerseys.

Those things need to be retired, or at the very least not worn against divisional matchups.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad