Votes: 34 16.0%
  • Jets in 7

Votes: 7 3.3%

• Total voters

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
100% no. George has been hella bad, but all this "Replace him with an AHL/ECHL/EBUG goalie" stuff is just hyperbole.
To be fair he’s been an AHL level goalie for the last 2/3 months and capped it off with a a worse than EBUG level performance Sunday. Not saying Prostate should start but he’s probably at worst a wash right now.

Reactions: TatteredTornNFrayed

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
It's very rare for something to be only one player's fault. In this case it was. Georgiev was that bad.

But let's look at the Jets goals again just in case.

Goal 1:

View attachment 858069

Was his vision obstructed here?
It's a straight shot from the blueline, no deflections.
What led to this? We lose a 2v2 board battle, puck goes to the blue line, passes to another Jet at the blue line. At this point a Jet player backs down past the blue line and Lehtonen decides to back off. Another Jets pass at the blue line to the free guy, who shoots and scores.
My verdict: His fault.

Goal 2:

View attachment 858070

Jets throw it down the ice. Georgiev stops it behind the net. Georgiev passes to Manson who's free, but the puck is bouncing.
Manson tries to pass to Wood, but fumbles his pass and the puck goes in front of the goal.
A Jets player is the first to it and gets a prime opportunity.
My verdict: Partly his fault.

Goal 3:

View attachment 858071

Mittelstadt loses a puck battle. Jet guy passes to the next one behind the goal, no Avs at the boards.
He comes from behind the net, Toews tries to steal the puck from him, but he manages to pass.
Manson watches as the pass goes past him to the guy he's defending, who then scores.
Georgiev slides from one post to the other, but the puck is raised on the shot, no chance.
My verdict: Not his fault.

Goal 4:

View attachment 858072

Avs lose the puck in the offensive zone on a Makar low chance shot(pass?). Jets player makes a pass, but the receiving player falls to his knees before it gets to him.
Makar goes for the puck to keep it in zone, but actually just skates past it as it slides past both players.
Jets get a 2-on-1 as Makar is now misplaced. Good defending, Jet forced to shoot.
Puck seems to go 5-hole.
My verdict: Mostly his fault.

Goal 5:

View attachment 858074

Puck battle at the boards. Jets take down Rantanen who's slow to get up, touching his face.
Someone covers for him to make it 2v2 at the boards, but Jets win by making the pass.
Only MacKinnon defending the Jets player. He skates by the net, Georgiev extends his leg in time for a save, but he's too far out from the posts and the puck finds space to go in.
My verdict: Partly his fault.

Goal 6:

Jets power play, normal one-timer shot from the faceoff dot that Georgiev is positioned to save, but still lets in shortside.
No picture needed. Georgiev knows too, he was mad after it.
My verdict: His fault.

Goal 7:

View attachment 858075

Jets take a low chance shot, goes wide, battle at the boards ensues.
Toews is late to keep his guy, Manson positions to prevent him from getting to the goal.
Pass gets through to the guy Lehtonen is keeping. He gets a good shot off to the top shelf.
My verdict: Not his fault.

Total:
3 on Georgiev.
2 partly on him.
2 not on him.

I suppose the conclusion is that Georgiev had an awful game, but others made defensive mistakes too.
E: Some names might be wrong because of low quality video, I tried.
Goal #1 is on Georgiev. But that Jets player right in front not being boxed out can't happen. If there's a small miracle worthy of a minor diety and George makes the first save that Jets player is getting a wack or two at the rebound.

Georgiev is what he is at this point. But defensive play can be better.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
To be fair he’s been an AHL level goalie for the last 2/3 months and capped it off with a a worse than EBUG level performance Sunday. Not saying Prostate should start but he’s probably at worst a wash right now.
Maybe. But his teammates don't f***ing despise him right now either, like they do with George. So even just for team morale it might be a boost.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Why are some of you still protecting 4giev? When you give up 7 goals on just 23 shots you're simply bad at your job. Really REALLY BAD!

These are the Playoffs motherf'ckers. Do your f*cking job or get the f*ck out of Dodge.

And yeah, i'm mad. And i'm not looking forward to tonights game because chances are, 4giev will f*ck us again.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Annunen is probably getting quarantined even if he feels OK. Way too risky putting that guy in the locker room and possibly spreading to others. Absolutely horrible timing.

Starting Provetsov is the right choice. I really hope Bednar puts it all on the line and cancels Georgiev forever.

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
Roy sits sorokin and we cant bench george. Granted their down 2-0 but wouldnt put that on varly

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Roy sits sorokin and we cant bench george. Granted their down 2-0 but wouldnt put that on varly

It helps when your backup is a vet like Varlamov. I doubt Bednar and the coaching staff trusts Annunen to start in the postseason, whatever cMac says publicly.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
I’m ready for us to eat Helly’s ass again tonight.
Hmmm. Someone’s too happy and positive… maybe they know something……

Thoughts on putting Kovalenko in over Kiviranta? Seems like a logical choice to me, at least it lets us see what we may have with him. I know Kiviranta made some decent plays in game 1, but I find that he is easily outmuscled and loses most board battles.
I don’t think you switch up the skaters after the way they played. They deserve a second game as a unit, they played really well.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Varly started strong in game 2 but laid an egg later parts of the game. Specially on the game winning goal by the Canes

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Obviously. Was never going to happen with Annuen being sick.

Well George it’s time to save your career here. Put up or shut up you f***er.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad