Votes: 34 16.0%
  • Jets in 7

Votes: 7 3.3%

• Total voters

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
lol. It's pretty good, but I'm hard-pressed to call it "the best in the league" when they don't even have a true star #1 D-man. No, Pietrangelo ain't it.

Strongly disagree.

No coach in the league has an issue rolling out Pie for 26-30 minutes a night in the playoffs.

Cup champion acting as a #1 on TWO different teams.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Vegas have quite easily the best D in the league.

Hanifin - Pietrangelo
McNabb - Theodore
Martinez - Whitecloud

Yikes.
Avs match that easily with a better top pair in Toews and Makar. Vegas has a better player on the 2nd pair in Theodore compared to Girard or Manson, 3rd pair is pretty even as long as JJ continues to play a simple mistake free hockey. We might actually have a better player on 3rd pair in Walker if he gets going and look like he did in few games after the trade.

Makar>>>Pietrangelo
Toews>Hanafin
Theodore>>>Girard
Manson=>McNabb
Walker=>Martinez
Whitecloud>>JJ

Last edited:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Vegas have quite easily the best D in the league.

Hanifin - Pietrangelo
McNabb - Theodore
Martinez - Whitecloud

Yikes.
Meh, its Top 3-5 but I wouldn't say its the best. I'd take our group over that group pretty easily tbh.

Makar >> Pietrangelo
Toews > Hanifin
Manson << Theodore
Girard = McNabb
Walker > Martinez
Johnson < Whitecloud

The biggest difference is our #1 and #2 versus theres. Huge gap overall between those guys. Vegas has better depth but not enough to makeup for the difference at the top.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
The biggest difference is our #1 and #2 versus theres. Huge gap overall between those guys. Vegas has better depth but not enough to makeup for the difference at the top.
This. I mean Pietrangelo is a great D-man. He's not close to the top guys.

Saying Vegas has the best D-corps is like saying Carolina has the best forwards. I mean they are pretty deep, but as good as Sebastian Aho is, he doesn't touch the top forwards in the league.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
This. I mean Pietrangelo is a great D-man. He's not close to the top guys.

Saying Vegas has the best D-corps is like saying Carolina has the best forwards. I mean they are pretty deep, but as good as Sebastian Aho is, he doesn't touch the top forwards in the league.
League wide you mean? Because he's definitely the 2nd best Dman out of the group, well ahead of Toews.

He's probably around the 10th best in the league I would say. Nowhere close to Makar, but certainly a #1.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
League wide you mean? Because he's definitely the 2nd best Dman out of the group, well ahead of Toews.

He's probably around the 10th best in the league I would say. Nowhere close to Makar, but certainly a #1.
Sure. He's the Sebastian Aho of D-men. A clear #1 guy, but still not close to the top players.

I mean I guess a lot of teams don't really have a true #1 by this definition. Pietrangelo for sure is better than the Riellys and Nurses and whatnot out there.

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Somebody needs to finish the job on Dillon if he plays next game.

200w.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad