• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
If Mason is playing anything but last nights mop up duty, the Jets are in serious trouble.

Helle usually bounces back from a tough outing very well. If he doesn't, this series is probably tied going to game 5.

That said I'm pretty confident still. Wild had their backs against the wall and the Jets top line were a little sloppy.

Keep the game 5 on 5 and the Jets can slowly choke the Wild out.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Anyone claiming the Wild would be easy or swept are way undervaluing the Wild and their depth. Very good team, good coach and very good goalie......that’s everything you need.

I'm a Wild fan and if somebody would've made me put my life savings on either a 4/5 game series vs. 6/7, it would've been the former (and still might be).

Seeler and Soucy have done an admirable job so far, but we'll see which Jets team shows up tomorrow night. It could very easily be the one from games 1 and 2.

Reactions: Chrisinroch

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I'm a Wild fan and if somebody would've made me put my life savings on either a 4/5 game series vs. 6/7, it would've been the former (and still might be).

Seeler and Soucy have done an admirable job so far, but we'll see which Jets team shows up tomorrow night. It could very easily be the one from games 1 and 2.

From the start I stated Jets in six and I still am for now...but were now missing 50% of our top six D which is massive problem and a good top 9 forward. Injuries are piling up for us, each man we lose is an advantage for the Wild. The longer this series goes the bigger advantage for the Wild imo. Wild also own a big experience advantage over a young Jets team. I have a lot of respect for the Wild b/c they deserve it.

Missing 50% of our top six D is a massive problem. We have too many AHL level guys playing on our roster now, especially on D.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
From the start I stated Jets in six and I still am for now...but were now missing 50% of our top six D which is massive problem and a good top 9 forward. Injuries are piling up for us, each man we lose is an advantage for the Wild. The longer this series goes the bigger advantage for the Wild imo. Wild also own a big experience advantage over a young Jets team. I have a lot of respect for the Wild b/c they deserve it.

Missing 50% of our top six D is a massive problem. We have too many AHL level guys playing on our roster now, especially on D.

Yeah, we know that game.

I had Jets in 6 with a healthy Suter, so let's just say his injury didn't improve my thinking. Last night was a pleasant surprise, not only winning, but looking like we belong on the same ice. We'll see if we can keep riding that wave.

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
If Mason is playing anything but last nights mop up duty, the Jets are in serious trouble.

Helle usually bounces back from a tough outing very well. If he doesn't, this series is probably tied going to game 5.

That said I'm pretty confident still. Wild had their backs against the wall and the Jets top line were a little sloppy.

Keep the game 5 on 5 and the Jets can slowly choke the Wild out.

I thought I saw it posted somewhere that his numbers the next game are very good indeed and include a shutout or two if I'm not mistaken. He rarely sucks 2 games in a row.

Nick1219

Mar 15, 2012
Are people really saying that Helle had a bad game? The only weak one he let in was the Staal goal and that was one helluva shot.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
I never thougt Wild fans would be so cocky in a series they’re getting outshot 115-66 in, my God

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
I believe this game was the great divide between these two teams. The Wild completely dominated the game without giving any chances for the Jets. If the Wild can sustain this level of play, it will be incredibly hard for the Jets to win this series.
Game 3 was closer than either game 1 or 2

Nick1219

Mar 15, 2012
I'd call it.. not at his very best
What goals do you blame him on?

1. Made a great save going post to post and nearly got back across to save the Granlund shot. Stoppable, but hardly a 'bad' goal.
  2. Puck got passed right around him. Defensemen have to take that away, maybe he gets his leg on that, but it's not really on him to stop passes that are going wide of the net.
  3. Dumba's shot somehow got past 5 guys screening him infront of the net.
  4. Staal great shot, but Helle needs to stop that.
  5. No idea how that shot squeezed between the human wall of Chiarot and Myers. For both goals 4 and 5 watch the replay angle from behind the net. Absurd how those pucks find their way on net.
  6. Slap shot going wide hits Foligno and bounces in.
I'm really only putting him on the hook for the Staal goal. Just a case of everything finding its way into the net. Those games happen, but it's nothing he needs to "shake off" in my opinion.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I think Hellebuyck bounces back in game 4.

This awful game 3 was definitely an eye opener for this team and let them know that Minnesota is not going to just give you easy games.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I find it highly unlikely.

Helle would have to have two more terrible games in a row before considering going to Mason. Helle hasn't played 3 bad games in a row virtually all season. Only way Mason plays a significant role is if Helle gets injured imo.
We wouldn’t have the luxury of two more bad games or two bad periods even.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
As this series goes on it is becoming more apparent that Jets fans are the softest fan base in the playoffs.

Jets fans are really calling for Foligno to be SUSPENDED!?! Pathetic.

Welcome to playoff hockey kiddos. If you're going to have a team capable of making the playoffs you need to toughen the f*** up as a fan base.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
As this series goes on it is becoming more apparent that Jets fans are the softest fan base in the playoffs.

Welcome to playoff hockey kiddos. If you're going to have a team capable of making the playoffs you need to toughen the **** up as a fan base.
I’m in agreement, however roles reversed and Dumba down many of your fan base would freak.
It was an unfortunate circumstance

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

Welcome to playoff hockey kiddos. If you're going to have a team capable of making the playoffs you need to toughen the **** up as a fan base.
I wouldn't call Jets fans soft. I do think that there are quite a few that are new to the emotion of playoff hockey though. There are also plenty of Wild fans getting caught up in it as well.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I wouldn't call Jets fans soft. I do think that there are quite a few that are new to the emotion of playoff hockey though. There are also plenty of Wild fans getting caught up in it as well.

I attended my first playoff game in 1976

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad