WCQF: (2) Winnipeg Jets vs. (3) Minnesota Wild | Winnipeg Leads Series 3-1

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I’m still holding my prediction also, Jets in six games. Wild are a good team, some people have not given them enough credit and have not given their depth enough credit. Still expecting a tough series, as I always have.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
That win vindicated the "there's always a chance" Wild hopeful. by no means should it do anything to dash the hopes of WPG hopeful but I have to say it was nice in the face of the subset who've been vocal that the Wild have no chance, that they are completely outclassed. Wild played well vs good teams this season.

Fastfrde

Oct 11, 2017
Winterpeg
I think the Wild are underrated by some fans, but I still don't like their odds of winning three of the next four games against this Jets team. Having said that, they play the games for a reason!

missingjibbsclub

Bobby Heaters
Oct 26, 2016
London ON
The Jets shouldn't get too cocky. Minnesota has a damn good team on paper, even without Suter. This could definitely go 7. Minny absolutely ran their show last night.

Reactions: 6ix

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm still holding steady on my prediction of Wild in 7. They are a good team when they try.
Bang on. Some of the Wild vets are too comfortable. When they get hungry and play with everything, they are formidable.

The Jets are hungry, for the most part. They are tired of losing, and have the talent to do something about it.

We'll see if the lopsided result in the last game causes the Wild to relax a bit coming into the next game, thinking that that score was an indication of how much better they are than the Jets at home. You would hope not, but I've seen it happen before. The Wild this year have been inconsistent effort wise.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
me to. he just seems so casual about it too. like he could be much worse if he turned it up.
I think if he turns it up he will get suspended.

One of the highlights of a Bruins/Jets SC final will be Chara v. Buff. That is some serious muscle!

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
me to. he just seems so casual about it too. like he could be much worse if he turned it up.

He's stated before that he let's up on his hits. Mostly to avoid suspension but also to avoid injury to himself. He can't play to the full power he is capable of because it likely means he sits one way or another.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
Bang on. Some of the Wild vets are too comfortable. When they get hungry and play with everything, they are formidable.

This is my impression as well. Hope they are now properly angry, like a bear woken up prematurely from hibernation. It's in our logo so it's meant to be.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I’m still holding my prediction also, Jets in six games. Wild are a good team, some people have not given them enough credit and have not given their depth enough credit. Still expecting a tough series, as I always have.
Me too. Let's hug.

Reactions: Hunter368

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
This is my impression as well. Hope they are now properly angry, like a bear woken up prematurely from hibernation. It's in our logo so it's meant to be.
That's a bear? I think we should switch to Ferrets. A whole bunch of leaping Ferrets, all over the uniform. Scary, very scary!

Reactions: FVM

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
Never mind the travel thing, refs, etc.....

Wild are tough at home, and brought it. Jets did not. Well deserved loss

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
who likes a play that knocks your player out of a game?

I have to say this is a perfectly natural response if you know you're really hurt or suspect as much, when you've been injured before, and especially when the game is this big. Obvs you have to get over it and some are better than others at that but once you've been knocked out with a bad injury it's going to be somewhere in the back of your mind whenever something happens that affects the same area. Hard not to have a moment of panic there IMO

I don't think there was intent ...however put Dumba in that scenario with Tanev & the Wild fans would also lose their shit like you suggested.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
He's stated before that he let's up on his hits. Mostly to avoid suspension but also to avoid injury to himself. He can't play to the full power he is capable of because it likely means he sits one way or another.

yeah that sounds reasonable. Depending on the night the refs might hand out a match penalty first, ask questions later if someone gets obliterated.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
And once again let me state that i love that sort of stuff--the mocking, the rubbing it in. (if that's what Laine was doing rather than drying off his stick as i've seen some people say).

Shame that we are such an amiable rivalry that giving an answer that includes the phrase "your mom's curtains" would be considered a serious breach of etiquette.

Reactions: rynryn

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I said it before seasons end, wouldn't surprise me at all if Mason ends up having a big role in the playoffs.
That's why he gets the big bucks.
Mason has played well in the playoffs before...no?
I am not too worried as we can come back.
Last night's game was tough to sit through but hoping this adversity brings out the best in them.
I cringed when some of our fans figured this was easy......

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
That's why he gets the big bucks.
Mason has played well in the playoffs before...no?
I am not too worried as we can come back.
Last night's game was tough to sit through but hoping this adversity brings out the best in them.
I cringed when some of our fans figured this was easy......

Anyone claiming the Wild would be easy or swept are way undervaluing the Wild and their depth. Very good team, good coach and very good goalie......that’s everything you need.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I said it before seasons end, wouldn't surprise me at all if Mason ends up having a big role in the playoffs.
I find it highly unlikely.

Helle would have to have two more terrible games in a row before considering going to Mason. Helle hasn't played 3 bad games in a row virtually all season. Only way Mason plays a significant role is if Helle gets injured imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad