WCQF: (2) Winnipeg Jets vs. (3) Minnesota Wild | Winnipeg Leads Series 3-1

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGulpsEh

Feb 20, 2017
You might want to tell yourself that. Take a look at those goals. Turn around hope-to-god kinda shots. Throwing a stick down for a hope-to-god kinda tip in. Yeah, good luck with that. On top of that, you got one of Hellebuyck's 1 out of 15 bad games. Once again, good luck with that. There was literally nothing in that game that made me concerned about the Wild.

I don’t think the jets played terrible but both of jets goals were garbage goals as well. Dubnyk should have stopped those easily.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I don’t think the jets played terrible but both of jets goals were garbage goals as well. Dubnyk should have stopped those easily.

One was unlucky for sure. The other Myers completely sniped on him. Can't say that one was garbage at all. He saw it the whole way. And the Jets definitely played terrible. That was easily one of the worst games they've played all season.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
he was catching himself with his stick, and .... physics. you halfwit. when you're falling against something you generally try to break your fall on that something. try tripping face first into a wall and see if you reach for the ground.
halfwit???
I've got in to trouble on here for saying a lot less than that...

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Good game from the Wild. Probably the better team but had a lot of breaks go there way as well.

Didn't expect this to be over in 4, hopefully Myers doesn't miss time. Injuries are already piling up for the Jets; Enstrom, Kulikov, Perreault, Myers. 3 of our top 6 D could be out.

Nov 24, 2006
You might want to tell yourself that. Take a look at those goals. Turn around hope-to-god kinda shots. Throwing a stick down for a hope-to-god kinda tip in. Yeah, good luck with that. On top of that, you got one of Hellebuyck's 1 out of 15 bad games. Once again, good luck with that. There was literally nothing in that game that made me concerned about the Wild.

The Jets were owned all over the ice last night. No idea what you are talking about.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Interesting statement from Maurice on Lowry's play that hurt Myers.

Yes, I meant Foligno not Lowry. I didn't see it originally that way, but certainly there was mention of it last night. I still don't. But there must be something there for Maurice to make a statement on it.

Why would any head coach like contact with his player that resulted in an injury?

I don't think this is that case.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Both of his knees are basically mashed potatoes at this point. Theway he went off it was definitely a leg injury.
Are we 100% certain? Cause he laid there like he died and then walked back to the locker room.
One was unlucky for sure. The other Myers completely sniped on him. Can't say that one was garbage at all. He saw it the whole way. And the Jets definitely played terrible. That was easily one of the worst games they've played all season.
Myers goal was absolute garbage from Dubnyk. An unscreened shot from the blue line. Don’t give me “it was a snipe.” No, it was a bad goal against for Dubnyk.
Good game from the Wild. Probably the better team but had a lot of breaks go there way as well.

Didn't expect this to be over in 4, hopefully Myers doesn't miss time. Injuries are already piling up for the Jets; Enstrom, Kulikov, Perreault, Myers. 3 of our top 6 D could be out.
Now remember, injuries can not be used as an excuse in any capacity. Or so I’ve been told.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Didn't bertuzzi do something mocking like laine did after the canucks went up 2-0 in the series way back when? for the superstitious out there...

And once again let me state that i love that sort of stuff--the mocking, the rubbing it in. (if that's what Laine was doing rather than drying off his stick as i've seen some people say).

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
who likes a play that knocks your player out of a game?
Are we 100% certain? Cause he laid there like he died and then walked back to the locker room.

I have to say this is a perfectly natural response if you know you're really hurt or suspect as much, when you've been injured before, and especially when the game is this big. Obvs you have to get over it and some are better than others at that but once you've been knocked out with a bad injury it's going to be somewhere in the back of your mind whenever something happens that affects the same area. Hard not to have a moment of panic there IMO

TommieNation

Feb 9, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Didn't bertuzzi do something mocking like laine did after the canucks went up 2-0 in the series way back when? for the superstitious out there...

And once again let me state that i love that sort of stuff--the mocking, the rubbing it in. (if that's what Laine was doing rather than drying off his stick as i've seen some people say).
After Game 4 I'm pretty sure he told fans not to bother getting tickets for Game 6 because the series wasn't going to make it that far

Reactions: rynryn

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Why are some jets fans struggling to admit they got boat raced last night? I’m expecting them to come out with their heads on fire in game 4.

It was a complete and utter destruction. But I haven't seen this team just give up like that. They started forcing passes, stopped skating and just looked generally disinterested in engaging at all. There was zero fight in them after the 1st period. Not sure if they were tired, to scared of getting called for penalties or just didn't care but it was an abysmal effort.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011

I remember reading an interview somewhere that had Laine confirm he was indeed playing violin but denied it was directed at the Wild bench.

Reactions: rynryn

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
They could have sandbagged to win the thing in WPG. or is that tinfoil hat talk?

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
Jets were owned last night, no question. They usually bounce back with a much better effort after those types of games. I'm not saying the Jets will win but I expect a much more competitive game Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad