WCQF: (2) Anaheim Ducks vs (3) San Jose Sharks | Sharks Leads Series 3-0

WCQF: (2) Anaheim Ducks vs (3) San Jose Sharks

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Here's what's happened the last three times the Ducks lost the first two at home:

2014 vs Lak: Won three straight (Including two in LA); ultimately lost in 7)

2016: Won three straight ( Including two in NSh); ultimately lost in 7.

2017: Won next four out of five
( Including two in Edmonton) to win series.

I just get the feeling the Sharks are going to lay an egg tomorrow. Nonetheless, Ducks will win four straight.

nilssont

May 27, 2007
Here's what's happened the last three times the Ducks lost the first two at home:

I just get the feeling the Sharks are going to lay an egg tomorrow. Nonetheless, Ducks will win four straight.

McDavid was not that good when we played last season, Draisaitl and Talbot carried them.

Fowler is out, Kesler is injured, Bieksa is playing and well look at the penalties Ritchie and Perry took last game ..

I know Sharks have injuries too.

We are just not playing well , Sharks have been by far the better team despite not playing that great.

I still think we can turn it around, at least hopefully if we get swept Carlyle is gone. DeBoer is outcoaching his ass

Reactions: Kariya 9

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Awkward coming from an oilers fan...
mcdavid.jpg

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
1 thing this series has shown is going in to the trade deadline the sharks made a big move for kane who has been a game changer for them, while anaheim didnt feel comfortable with the team and basically stayed pat... def paying off for san jose.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
1 thing this series has shown is going in to the trade deadline the sharks made a big move for kane who has been a game changer for them, while anaheim didnt feel comfortable with the team and basically stayed pat... def paying off for san jose.

Should've gone for at least Nash.

Reactions: Getz2perry

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Ian cole woulda been nice too given fowlers injury but you cant really predict that

You can't predict that but it's the NHL and injuries to your top 4 are inevitable at some point. When you decimate your defensive depth over the course of a 6 month period and you have a chance to add a guy like Cole for very little you should take it. Murray screwed up there.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose

The last time the Sharks went up 2-0 on the road to start the series: they swept the Canucks in 2013.

The only other time it's happened we beat the Flames in 7 back in 1995.

Past results are meaningless.

Last edited:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
You can't predict that but it's the NHL and injuries to your top 4 are inevitable at some point. When you decimate your defensive depth over the course of a 6 month period and you have a chance to add a guy like Cole for very little you should take it. Murray screwed up there.
Last time we beefed up on defensemen at deadline, we gave up William Karlsson and a 2nd for a few games of Wisniewski, and everyone was pissed.

Ian Cole for a 2nd or 3d wouldn`t be a saviour anyway

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The last time the Sharks went up 2-0 on the road to start the series: they swept the Canucks in 2013.

The only other time it's happened we beat the Flames in 7 back in 1995.

Past results are meaningless.
Pretty much, ducks just need to find away to win gsme 3 and hopefully get some momentum, just try to force the gsme 5 and go from there ... but they need to stop taking dumb penalties... and test jones a lot more.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Last time we beefed up on defensemen at deadline, we gave up William Karlsson and a 2nd for a few games of Wisniewski, and everyone was pissed.

Ian Cole for a 2nd or 3d wouldn`t be a saviour anyway

That was a bad trade made worse because Murray sold Wiz for nothing in the offseason. Giving up a third for Cole wouldn’t drain the farm and having him on the roster over Bieksa would do wonders for the blueline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->