WCQF: (1) Nashville Predators vs. (WC2) Colorado Avalanche | Nashville Leads Series 3 Games to 2

Which team wins game 6?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I guess you'll need it cause you will have 8 guys out, on a back to back, using a back up goalie, played too many games in too many days....

Colorado and Winnipeg in particular are missing large and key parts of their roster. No one is making this up.

What’s Nashville’s excuse?

Reactions: thejaf7

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Colorado and Winnipeg in particular are missing large and key parts of their roster. No one is making this up.

What’s Nashville’s excuse?
Apparently you dont get the context of the post. We've had to listen to every single excuse all season long. When we had some of those same reasons and still won, something else was the issue.

It's become a rather enjoyable joke on the Preds section.

Reactions: Gnashville

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Apparently you dont get the context of the post. We've had to listen to every single excuse all season long. When we had some of those same reasons and still won, something else was the issue.

It's become a rather enjoyable joke on the Preds section.

When were the Predators missing their two top goaltenders and two of their top 4 defensemen?

The jokes only funny if it works. Nashville has no salient injuries to speak of and is getting outhustled and outplayed.

That’s the enjoyable joke in the Avs section.

Reactions: thejaf7

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
When were the Predators missing their two top goaltenders and two of their top 4 defensemen?

The jokes only funny if it works. Nashville has no salient injuries to speak of and is getting outhustled and outplayed.

You do realize the guy I was responding too was a Jets fan and I was responding about the Jets, not the AV's right?

Last edited by a moderator:

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Considering how Colorado looked in game 3 & 4 combined with how Colorado has played all season at home, this could get interesting.

That being said, Nashville seemed like they woke up again in game 5 and Hammond kept us in it until our top line took off late in the 3rd.

Excited to see this one play out.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland

The joke is still that you're justifying losing with how many people you're missing in the lineup. Just because you didn't lose dominantly doesn't mean you didn't lose- this is false hope and chain logic mixed together from fans.
It's the exact same line of thought that some Preds fans thought; 'The Preds breeze into the finals with this new center core they have, they took the Champions to 6 games with a core of Sissons-Fisher-Jarnkrok-F.Gaudreau and a historically low finals sv% Rinne!!!''
It's the exact same line of thought that large amounts of TOR fans had; They took on the Presidents trophy winning team and only lost the series 4-2, surely they must be better next year!''

It just doesn't make sense as an argument. Every series that happens is different from one another and the presumptions that people have usually don't change, although they should. What the Avs are doing isn't even on the level of the sweep that the Preds (note, #16 last year, #1 this year) did.. Not even close. Still, you're talking like they're taking the Preds to school. There's no logic behind suggesting that if you have a depleted roster, surely you will win easily with a full roster. Maybe the Avs never got this 'yes we can' attitude if they had no adversity. f***, we wouldn't probably have been in the SCF if we didn't lose Fiala and then Johansen. That group played for each other, just like Avs do right now.

I wouldn't count on Varlamov saving the Avs either, no, the Avs would have probably played same kind of defense in front of him that they did in the reg. season. And the Avs defense wasn't top tier. There's no other explanation to your argument but that you're wanting to put the Preds down since the Avs have fared better than expected. But you're still clinging onto the depleted lineup argument simultaneously. That's weak. And you cannot think both are true at the same time. That would mean that your depleted lineup is better than your full lineup, which doesn't make sense either.

Last edited:

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
If we end up winning, great. Injuries or not we knew this would be a tall order with such a young team that we know isn't quite ready yet. We've honestly gotten quite lucky that Nashville hasn't played up to their ability for a good portion of this season, otherwise it would have been the bloodbath I expected.

Reactions: AvsWraith

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
If we end up winning, great. Injuries or not we knew this would be a tall order with such a young team that we know isn't quite ready yet. We've honestly gotten quite lucky that Nashville hasn't played up to their ability for a good portion of this season, otherwise it would have been the bloodbath I expected.
I give the AV's props for what they've done. They could have easily folded after game 4 and losing yet another goalie and no one would have thought less of them. Problem is this as a series is less about what the AV's have done and more about what the Preds have not done.

I mean we have the highest scoring D in the league, and they have not one single goal and I'm not even sure I feel like there has been one they just missed on either. It's even worse when you consider one is a Vezina finalist and you are going against a depleted roster.

The Preds have zero excuse and if they come out flat again tonight and lose we may be hearing boos instead of cheers inside of Bridgestone Arena come game 7. I'm really tired of the " we just weren't ready at the start of the game ".

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I do love that everyone keeps coming out flat against MacK n the boys. Who woulda thunk that that would hold up for 5+ months? :sarcasm:
Dont think too much of it, we've come out flat against everyone the entire season. This isnt new, we've had to watch this mess for most of the 82 games.

The only complete game I can remember from us all year was when Fisher came back.

Reactions: MacBradley

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Dont think too much of it, we've come out flat against everyone the entire season. This isnt new, we've had to watch this mess for most of the 82 games.

The only complete game I can remember from us all year was when Fisher came back.

I hear ya, it’s just funny cause I remember reading GDTs back in November when somehow every team’s fans would lament how their best players just came out flat against the MacK line

Reactions: MacBradley

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I hear ya, it’s just funny cause I remember reading GDTs back in November when somehow every team’s fans would lament how their best players just came out flat against the MacK line
We seem to do one or the other, either come out on fire and then back off, or come out slow and go mad. It's been a frustrating year even if we did win the Presidents Trophy.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
On one hand, blowing a 3-1 series lead would be a very dissapointing result for the Preds. On the other, I think they were lucky to even be up 3-1 to begin with. Nonetheless, should be a good one.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
On one hand, blowing a 3-1 series lead would be a very dissapointing result for the Preds. On the other, I think they were lucky to even be up 3-1 to begin with. Nonetheless, should be a good one.
Yeah, if there is one thing I don't think the Predators have been this series, it's lucky.

BaldAndBeautiful

Jackie loves it rough
Apr 22, 2018
Off topic question for Predators fans. Are there more Vanderbilt fans or University of Tennessee fans in Nashville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad