WCQF: (1) Nashville Predators vs. (WC2) Colorado Avalanche | Nashville Leads Series 3-2

Nashville vs Colorado

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Here Is The Legendary Rat Of HFBoards! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 13, 2012
What will it take to get these fanbases to hate each other? I sense zero hostility between the two. Nashville is in the same division, beat the Avs 12 times in a row and I don't even dislike them.
Don't worry, Subban will probably do something stupid and cause the stir of the both fanbases.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
What will it take to get these fanbases to hate each other? I sense zero hostility between the two. Nashville is in the same division, beat the Avs 12 times in a row and I don't even dislike them.
That one guy on your side really, almost irrationally, hates us. But most of us are too busy being pissed at our own team and hate your future opponents (e.g. Jets, Pens, Vegas) more than we'd hate you anyway. Besides, MacK is fun to watch and it feels like half your team played for us at some time.

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
Just an outsider POV. Been following the Preds pretty closely since their Cup run last year. This team looks different so far. They look flat, disinterest, disorganized and entitled. Last year they played that underdog card so well, outworked their opponents, played sharp, smart and as a unit. 3 games in (and I know it's *very early) they look lax, sloppy, disorganized and I'm not sure they are handling the pressure of being a Cup favorite well. JMHO.

As a Preds fan, I agree. I'm taking solace in two data points that may be mirages:
1. Can't recall a game this year where the Preds looked worse and I think some of the advanced stats back that up.
2. Can recall a couple of Hawk runs to the cup where they got by the Preds in the first round when they seemed wobbly and then got stronger every round thereafter. We played golf after 6 games and wondered how the favorites pulled it away from us. Hoping the Avs have that feeling soon!

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Da__JYnVwAAo6lX.jpg:large

Avs really have been the better team in this series. Goaltending on the high quality chances and Nashville special teams has been the difference so far.

Next game could really be huge. IF the Avs can win game 4 at home they might have a legit shot at winning the series.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
As a Preds fan, I agree. I'm taking solace in two data points that may be mirages:
1. Can't recall a game this year where the Preds looked worse and I think some of the advanced stats back that up.
2. Can recall a couple of Hawk runs to the cup where they got by the Preds in the first round when they seemed wobbly and then got stronger every round thereafter. We played golf after 6 games and wondered how the favorites pulled it away from us. Hoping the Avs have that feeling soon!

Great teams turn it up when they have to and when the stakes get higher. The Preds have it in them to do that, objectively speaking. Once they reach their rhythm I think we see them take off.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Great teams turn it up when they have to and when the stakes get higher. The Preds have it in them to do that, objectively speaking. Once they reach their rhythm I think we see them take off.
I'm not sure their skating is good enough to make it to the 2nd round. They seem to stumble and fall a lot when an Av is close. On the other hand maybe they are just too exhausted to stay on their feet.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
As we saw in the other Central Division series, winning Game 3 didn’t carryover to game 4 for the Wild even though the Jets goalie was worse in his game 3 than Rinne.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
As we saw in the other Central Division series, winning Game 3 didn’t carryover to game 4 for the Wild even though the Jets goalie was worse in his game 3 than Rinne.
That has 0 impact here and is completely irrelevant. It will be interesting to see how this game goes, is Nashville finally out of their slumber or will the Avs keep their foot down. For the first three games of the series, the Avs seem like a better team, and will most likely end up being sorry they didn't take their chances when they could if the Preds wake up and start playing up to their abilities. As an Avs fan I'm pretty happy how the series went so far, even though we are down.

Reactions: AvsFan29

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA

Except the Jets have looked miles better than the Wild so far in that series. The Avs have been the better team for the most part, just a few mistakes cost them a win or 2 in Nashville. Every series is different, just because something happens in one series doesnt mean it will happen in another.

We'll see which Nashville shows up tonight.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
It's almost like I knew what I was talking about when I said the Avs could be the better team in this series.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Turris has been the most surprising player for me (in a bad way). Has now gone 48.2 minutes without registering a shot on net. Ottawa fans always said he’s a clutch playoff performer so I’m not sure what’s going on with him but he’s been pretty invisible so far. Nashville is good enough that they don’t necessarily have to play their best to beat Colorado but the Jets are a different story if they don’t start playing to their potential.
Turris may be the worst Nashville skater on the ice so far in this series which is saying a lot.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
This has been a good series. Lots of snarl, nothing too controversial and plenty of offensive action. My only disappointment is I expected better of some Preds players with their on-ice antics. The little shots to the head, the complaints about calls and the visible crosschecking every shift are not endearing. My team isn't without their own comments, but it's clearly lopsided in that regard.

I still think the Knights pull a run on everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad