WCQF: (1) Nashville Predators vs. (WC2) Colorado Avalanche | Nashville Leads Series 3-2

Nashville vs Colorado

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
That Zadorov pass during a Colorado line change was horrible. Barrie also made no effort to retrieve the puck, which led to a Nashville breakaway.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
No, she is to suppose to chime in when theres something to say. Something to add to the game. Not talk for talk sake.

Anyway i found out who it is. It`s AJ Mleczko from NBC.

Are there any other feed to watch the game? Because there no way i can enjoy hockey with that nagging voice.
She went to Harvard and won a gold medal for the USA in hockey. How's your life going?

Drij

Mar 5, 2007
All of this talk about the Preds not playing well, don't forget that Colorado has scored on their first shot in both games. That's a trend that obviously won't continue, and it's forced the Preds to play from behind for no less than a third of the series so far.

But once the Preds offense evens it up or takes the lead, suddenly they're a much better team. If they can find a way to get the first goal in one of these games, they would certainly look much more dominant. This is exactly what we saw from them for 82 games this season, why would anyone expect it to change now?

3 of the preds goals in game 2 where given to them by stupid plays from colorado players.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

Some sales positions must be open in Nashville. :laugh:

It's frustrating as an opposing fan, but I can't say I really blame them if it's going to work every freaking time. You play the system to get a leg up. All you can hope is the refs see these replays after the game and try to learn to think twice before calling everything they see, but that's probably optimistic at best.

I'd really appreciate it if hockey didn't turn into soccer.

Reactions: MacBradley

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It's frustrating as an opposing fan, but I can't say I really blame them if it's going to work every freaking time. You play the system to get a leg up. All you can hope is the refs see these replays after the game and try to learn to think twice before calling everything they see, but that's probably optimistic at best.

Do you honestly think there’s less embellishment in the NHL than in the BuLi?

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015

Some sales positions must be open in Nashville. :laugh:

Off topic, but the slow down-speed up feature in these gfycats is really cool. If only streamable had that too.

I missed that Ellis call during the game but admittedly I gotta say that's a pretty weak call.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
That Zadorov pass during a Colorado line change was horrible. Barrie also made no effort to retrieve the puck, which led to a Nashville breakaway.
Yeah that was beyond dumb. Zadorov was easily Colorado’s best defenseman that game and that’s the play he’ll be remembered for lol. Just like Girard In game 1. Was Colorado’s best player but will be remembered for getting danced by Forsberg.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm not going to pretend to be an expert in the different soccer leagues, but from what I've seen from soccer the NHL is nowhere near that bad yet.

Part of that is that unless you've played the sport you don't realize just how much getting kicked in the shins hurts when you've been running for miles. Or how you can go flying if you get shoulder checked while running at top speed. So it looks like you're getting shot because it feels like you're getting shot...and I say that as someone who liked blocking shots during my hockey days, the lack of padding in soccer makes a huge difference...and guys go sliding across the pitch because that's what happens when you combine momentum with a slick surface.

But in terms of just embellishment & diving? The NHL is just as bad, because refs are fallible.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Part of that is that unless you've played the sport you don't realize just how much getting kicked in the shins hurts when you've been running for miles. Or how you can go flying if you get shoulder checked while running at top speed. So it looks like you're getting shot because it feels like you're getting shot...and I say that as someone who liked blocking shots during my hockey days, the lack of padding in soccer makes a huge difference...and guys go sliding across the pitch because that's what happens when you combine momentum with a slick surface.

But in terms of just embellishment & diving? The NHL is just as bad, because refs are fallible.
I think the reason we view soccer as being worse is the amount of overacting involved and how if they dont get the call but the play comes back near they just hop up like nothing happened. Ellis and PK's is the normal type of selling you see in hockey, where that old video of Ribiero when he played for Montreal looks more like your normal soccer try at it.

I dont particularly like any of it, but as many times as I've seen it happen to us over the years in the playoffs I've kind of reached the point of " if you ain't cheating you ain't trying ". Doesn't make it right, doesn't mean I like it, more of something some of them have picked up from past experiences.

Reactions: MacBradley and cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think the reason we view soccer as being worse is the amount of overacting involved and how if they dont get the call but the play comes back near they just hop up like nothing happened. Ellis and PK's is the normal type of selling you see in hockey, where that old video of Ribiero when he played for Montreal looks more like your normal soccer try at it.

I dont particularly like any of it, but as many times as I've seen it happen to us over the years in the playoffs I've kind of reached the point of " if you ain't cheating you ain't trying ". Doesn't make it right, doesn't mean I like it, more of something some of them have picked up from past experiences.

I'll never be as frustrated as I was in the 2010 world cup when germany should've gotten a penalty right before half time but our star tried to fight through the challenge, so didn't get the call. Had he just gone down when fouled we'd have taken a 1-0 lead into half time and gotten to just sit back & let our lethal counter-attacking game go to work, which was our style. Instead, it stayed 0-0, spain scored the opening goal in the second half, and then were able to dominate the ball for the rest of the game, which was their style. Spain would go on to become the first country to win back-to-back-to-back major tournaments...a feat we came a penalty shootout away from achieving in the 70s...and earn the title of GOAT NT

All because a bug-eyed Turkish-German 22yo tried to fight through a blatant foul instead of just going down & selling it *sigh*

Last edited:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I'll never be as frustrated as I was in the 2010 world cup when germany should've gotten a penalty right before half time but our star tried to fight through the challenge, so didn't get the call. Had he just gone down when fouled we'd have taken a 1-0 lead into half time and gotten to just sit back & let our lethal counter-attacking game go to work, which was our style. Instead, it stayed 0-0, spain scored the opening goal in the second half, and then were able to dominate the ball for the rest of the game, which was their style. Spain would go on to become the first country to win back-to-back-to-back major tournaments...a feat we came a penalty shootout away from achieving in the 70s *sigh*

All because a bug-eyed Turkish-German 22yo tried to fight through a blatant foul instead of just going down *sigh*
I saw several of those in different games yesterday where guys would fight and stay up on their feet after being tripped or hooked. I get it but sometimes it's just smarter to take the penalty.

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
And my point was that it's not really over-reacting in a lot of cases that look bad to non-soccer fans. Have someone kick your legs out from under you when doing a full sprint. That shit hurts like a motherf***er, even if it usually isn't something that'll keep you down once that initial pain washes past, especially with the adrenaline pumping. That's why you see a lot of guys going down dramatically and pop right up when the play continues.

There's obviously plenty of dives, but you don't have to dive or embelish for your fall to look dramatic despite doing no major damage. I'll take a massive hip check that sends me cartwheeling through the air with hockey pads on, or a slash to my gloved hand, over a two-legged slide tackle any day. Especially when you add the exhaustion of having to run miles & miles a game.

Reactions: Murzu

MacBradley

May 5, 2014
That Duchene trade was great by Sakic. Colorado looks like they will be a playoff team going forward. Mackinnon is a top 5 player in the NHL imo. Can't handle the Preds though. Getting constantly attacked by yellow things. No way to hold on to the puck for very long.

Well, next year teams are who are sending 3 guys at a time at MacK are going to have to decide if they want to leave Tavares all of that open ice to do it. ;-)

mackinnon29

Nov 24, 2017
We have played better then expected by anyone. A bounce or a call the opposite way and this could be different. If we had Varly and johnson we'd have one of those games. Can't wait to see us play on home ice, should be 2 great games

Reactions: olli and ThirdManIn

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro

I think Ellis should of got embellishment way more than Watson. I didn't see Watson act at all

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
We have played better then expected by anyone. A bounce or a call the opposite way and this could be different. If we had Varly and johnson we'd have one of those games. Can't wait to see us play on home ice, should be 2 great games
I've watched the avs all season because I had Mack and rantanen on my fantasy team and I'm not surprised one bit that you guys are keeping up with us.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
So this is blatant trolling right? Cause you're not even watching the games if you're making comments like this and hoping to retain any bit of credibility.
Relax mate, the avs just aren't that good. Preds are the better team and showed why they are the class of the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad