WCHA 2015-16 thread

scRIbe

Sep 2, 2014
Just one more of these. Now everyone can follow the footsteps of the NCHC fans and have a place to discuss their favorite NCAA conference this coming season.

What are you expecting in Year 3 of the post-realignment era, WCHA fans?

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Just one more of these. Now everyone can follow the footsteps of the NCHC fans and have a place to discuss their favorite NCAA conference this coming season.

What are you expecting in Year 3 of the post-realignment era, WCHA fans?

I can't sever my fandom umbilical cord fron the W, so I'll throw my two cents in. I'm expecting more of the same, basically. The conference as a whole has been competitive. The Purple Steers and Houghton Huskies had great seasons. I'd love for one of them to step up and be the next Union/Providence/unexpected champ.

The team that really intrigues me is Bowling Green. They've showed glimpses of greatness and teased their fans for several years going back to their CCHA days. a lot of their core is back from a solid season so it seems like it's time for them to take the next step.

GoalieEd

Oct 9, 2008
Just renewed my WCHA.TV subscription this year. I'm hopeful that the quality is better then the jokers last season.

scRIbe

Sep 2, 2014
I can't sever my fandom umbilical cord fron the W, so I'll throw my two cents in. I'm expecting more of the same, basically. The conference as a whole has been competitive. The Purple Steers and Houghton Huskies had great seasons. I'd love for one of them to step up and be the next Union/Providence/unexpected champ.

The team that really intrigues me is Bowling Green. They've showed glimpses of greatness and teased their fans for several years going back to their CCHA days. a lot of their core is back from a solid season so it seems like it's time for them to take the next step.

The Falcons definitely have a chance to keep up an interesting trend, namely a series of programs who were top-shelf as late as the mid-80s, then kind of tapered off before returning to a national tournament caliber now. Obviously, Providence won it all last year after a 30-year absence from the Frozen Four, which Michigan Tech made its first tournament appearance since 1981.

If BGSU can get in, its more seasoned fans will surely be reminiscing about 1984 a bit more than usual.

scRIbe

Sep 2, 2014
Last night, Minnesota State was shut out for the fourth time this season, is back below .500 and still has not been above that mark at any time through 11 games. What's going on with the preseason favorite for this league?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad