Series Talk: WCF VGK (Pacific) vs Jets (Central)

Who wins the series

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Agreed. Only a couple of Jets fans are in full meltdown. Most seem like great folks. It's bad form to judge all by the opinions of a few.

Our weekend home games in the playoffs have been complete drunk-fests. We're the ones who should probably be apologizing to them. Some locals have been downright embarassing. Standing up during play for no reason just to watch themselves on the jumbotrons, falling down the steps, spilling drinks on people etc, etc.

It's been so bad, I'd almost rather watch the games at home. But from here on out I can't stay away! I'll be there for a Game 6 if needed & hopefully beyond!

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
This series is far from over. The jets absolutely have the ability to come back from a 3 - 1 deficit. The knights better be ready for a tough game 5.

Whatever happens though, I am proud of this team. It will suck if the Jets did come back and win the series (especially for me considering it would be two years in a row watching my team lose game 7 in the 3rd round), but life will move on. Nothing can take away the fact that this has been such a historic season for the Knights.

Go Knights Go!!!

Last edited:

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I also think Neal should be captain.

Really? I know he scored a lot of clutch goals early on, but he hasn't re-signed or shown much commitment to doing so, afaik. Same with Perron.

Sbisa and Engelland have served well, and it looks like Engelland is the de facto captain for now, but I'd be tempted to look at a guy like Marchessault, who bought in early, took less than market rate, has been an outspoken leader, and is leading this team in the playoffs.

Karlsson in an interview sounded like he wanted to be a leader, but the team already had a bunch of leaders on the roster. I was holding off on my jersey purchase in case he might score a C or A, but it sounds doubtful.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
@Superamssive do you have a bug in GMGM's office to know that VGK won't re-sign Neal nor Perron?

It could be that the parties have expressed interest in re-signing, but agreed to wait until the end of the season. Same for timing of Karlsson re-signing.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I can't see Neal leaving and with his injuries Perron probably won't get a huge offer anywhere else. As of now they're in a pretty good position to hope for a hometown discount or two.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I can't see Neal leaving and with his injuries Perron probably won't get a huge offer anywhere else. As of now they're in a pretty good position to hope for a hometown discount or two.

I would sign early season puck-eating Perron in a heartbeat. He just hasn't been his old self since injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad