Series Talk: WCF VGK (Pacific) vs Jets (Central)

Who wins the series

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Winnipeg leads their division final 3-2 against Nashville and has a chance to advance Monday.

Guessing that conference finals will begin Thursday-Saturday or so.

One of the biggest changes for the third round VGK will face is more extreme/long travel. 3:30+ to Nashville. 3 hours + customs to Winnipeg. (Rather than the 30-70 minutes to their first and second round opponents)

VGK will not have home ice for this round.

member 151739

It's hard to be happy about this knowing this team absolutely cheated in the expansion draft and fleeced all the poor, little GMs and took all their good players. Money can buy you anything, even all the refs, because clearly the refs want them to win. And they don't deserve to win in the first place because a new team has to lose for ten years because... they have to lose for ten years. And it doesn't matter anyway, the Kings Sharks Predators/Jets will beat them. But if they don't, it's because of the unfair expansion draft and the refs and the conspiracy and thekffmdkskfndbdbdb

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
We all need to root for the NSH-WPG series to go seven. IMO, Nashville is a better match up for us, but neither team will be an easy opponent. I just think up front, the Jets are stacked & can almost score at will.

On the other hand, Rinne is so overrated & collapses like a house of cards. You know that every game he's going to give up a soft goal. It's just a matter of when, not if.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
I prefer Nashville and it's not close. Better matchup for sure. Jets play a tight game too, but bring a lot more offensive firepower.

Not gonna underestimate our Knights, either. But this opponent (i.e. Jets most likely) is going to serve as the big boy round so gonna be fun to see how they respond. :D

Reactions: Nevada Jones

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
Since both the Preds and Jets had more points during the regular season, is it guaranteed that either will have home ice, or is it possible that the Knights as a division winner would have home ice over the Jets who finished 2nd?

I'm pretty sure the Jets would have home ice but haven't been able to confirm and can't find any examples otherwise. I'm doubting myself.

Thanks.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
It's hard to be happy about this knowing this team absolutely cheated in the expansion draft and fleeced all the poor, little GMs and took all their good players. Money can buy you anything, even all the refs, because clearly the refs want them to win. And they don't deserve to win in the first place because a new team has to lose for ten years because... they have to lose for ten years. And it doesn't matter anyway, the Kings Sharks Predators/Jets will beat them. But if they don't, it's because of the unfair expansion draft and the refs and the conspiracy and thekffmdkskfndbdbdb

I wholeheartedly approve this message.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Since both the Preds and Jets had more points during the regular season, is it guaranteed that either will have home ice, or is it possible that the Knights as a division winner would have home ice over the Jets who finished 2nd?

I'm pretty sure the Jets would have home ice but haven't been able to confirm and can't find any examples otherwise. I'm doubting myself.

Thanks.

Knights will not have home ice next round. It goes by points.

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
Knights will not have home ice next round. It goes by points.
Thanks. I thought that was the case but couldn't find that written down anywhere, and just because i couldn't find an example to prove it didn't mean it was untrue.

Thank you.

I go back to my prediction:
a - WPG & WSH win tonight; games 1/2 are 9th-11th at the EARLIEST, and then 3/4 could be 13/15.
b - WPG & PIT win; games 1/2 could be 10th-12th and 3/4 on the 14th & 16th.
c - NSH wins tonight; 1/2 could be 14th-16th with 3/4 on the 18th/20th.

All those are AT THE EARLIEST. Extra days between rounds 3 & 4, extra days between games, arena conflicts, TV issues, etc., could all affect timing.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Jets have concerts 5/13, 5/20, 5/22 and 5/25. So probably 5/10 Thursday for game 1 and 5/12 Saturday for game 2. 5/18 game 5; 5/23 game 7. (Games 3-4 5/14 and 5/16; game 6 5/20 or 5/21).

Nashville arena clear of conflicts.

Reactions: artificialintuition

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
Jets have concerts 5/13, 5/20, 5/22 and 5/25. So probably 5/10 Thursday for game 1 and 5/12 Saturday for game 2. 5/18 game 5; 5/23 game 7. (Games 3-4 5/14 and 5/16; game 6 5/20 or 5/21).

No doubt that the Jets will play on Saturday 5/12 and probably there will be an extra day off between games 2 and 3 so they can also play on Saturday 5/19. Hockey Night in Canada will want that. That leaves Tampa/ Pitt-Washington for NBC on both Sundays. Not sure what will happen if the Preds win tonight and Wednesday.

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017

nice work!

feels like 5/14 & 16 would be a bit on the early side, but certainly not the earliEST they could be.

guess we will know a good bit more in about 5 hours, especially if NSH wins tonight.

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
No doubt that the Jets will play on Saturday 5/12 and probably there will be an extra day off between games 2 and 3 so they can also play on Saturday 5/19. Hockey Night in Canada will want that. That leaves Tampa/ Pitt-Washington for NBC on both Sundays. Not sure what will happen if the Preds win tonight and Wednesday.

If Game 7 is forced, NSH-WPG play on 5/9. As @LadyStanley wrote, there are not conflicts for NSH's arena.

That would mean a NSH-VGK series *could* start on 5/11 if the league wants to give them only one day of rest. Even if PIT wins tonight to force Game 7 on 5/10, that does not rule out Game 1 of WCF on 5/11, though it may make it less likely.

It would seem that a key factor will be how much time off between series the league decides to go with.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Pens fan here officially on the VGK bandwagon.

No doubt, MAF is playing out of his mind. He might have made the difference in the Pens-Caps series.

GMAFF.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->