GDT: WCF Game 5: Vegas Golden Knights @ Winnipeg Jets | 12:00PM | Step On The Throat Edition

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Just got home from work on the strip. Had the game on both TVs in the bar. Neglected many customers during the game, but it was still hard to pay close attention. Looked like we bottled up the Jets forecheck pretty efficiently!

What an unbelievable team effort. The irony of Ryan Reaves scoring the winning goal shouldn't be lost on us. I will be the first to admit I thought his acquisition was a huge mistake. He made a bunch of us eat our words. He really stepped us these past 6 games! Good for him! :thumbu:

Stanley Cup Finals here we come!!!! I can't believe this is actually happening!

GO!!!!! :vegas GO!!!!!

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Congratulations guys. I found the Knights growing on me with each passing period. They first caught my attention when they played the Isles. I remember how relentless they were in their attack.

I was quickly reminded this post season. I love the way they play the game, love their work ethic, the underdog narrative, love their system, have a soft spot for their players. So I hitched myself to the bandwagon. I almost cheered as loud as I do when NYI is in the post season; that’s when it struck me that I was a quasi fan.

So congrats, I know most of the league is cheering you on, I’m just one of many. But thought I’d stop by and sing your team’s praises. Still debating whether I should adopt the Knights as my 2nd team. :)
Plenty of room on the wagon.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Plenty of room on the wagon.

Sure... why not?? :naughty:

giphy.gif

Congrats gang... enjoy the ride.

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
My mom is visiting me in Atlanta for 10 days during the SCF so I can't go to a game. Congrats to all of you going to a game! :)
Fly in, see game, take red-eye home. You mom may not even notice!

Could also go to Tampe or Washington pretty quickly.

Where there is a will there's a way.

VegasKnightlife

Aug 20, 2017
For most of the season it looked like the Reaves and Tatar trades were negatives. Those guys definitely came up huge in the two road wins in WPG.

Tatar's goal in game 2 to start VGK off with a lead was huge. Reaves gets the game winner tonight. Now to get ready for the SCF unreal!

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Haha that is crazy. Get on the wagon and bring a friend. Knights fans all over Twitter, but not many have found this board.

Trust me, it's better off this way. My GF is a member of these ridiculous Facebook groups who ridicule each other for wearing the "wrong" jersey to games or cheering the wrong chants. Even the Golden Knight himself (the actual dude in the pregame shows) was a member & quit those groups because those people are insufferable.

The LAST thing we need is social media folk finding about our board & ruining it. I'd rather our small group of diehards remain loyal & intact than deal with that BS.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Day after and I'm still getting the chills thinking about it. Making the playoffs was one thing. Beating the Kings in a sweep was another. Surviving two tough and talented teams was a rush. But dammit we are in the Stanley Cup Finals! Just saying the words has to be putting the biggest smiles on our faces right now :D:D:D

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
I just don't trust myself with a keyboard when I'm losing my mind during games. End up saying crazy stuff, so I prefer to post before/after personally.

I cruised by the Jets subforum the other day to see what their mood was like. (100% of the interactions I had with Jets fans last week, whether it was at T-Mobile, or off-site, were fantastic -- polite, funny, knowledgeable fans.)

One poster wrote that he was pretty upset after the loss, and at the gas station on the way home someone working there was wearing a Knights cap. He said he was about to scream "F-- off!" or similar, "then I realized that I am not an insane person."

Was super funny.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Knights_LIA.jpg

I really thought that the Knights would win in six (at home), so I only put only a small bet on their winning and clinching yesterday. I love that kind of disappointment. :laugh: I, too, misunderestimated [:eek:] this team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevada Jones

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
What an unbelievable team effort. The irony of Ryan Reaves scoring the winning goal shouldn't be lost on us. I will be the first to admit I thought his acquisition was a huge mistake. He made a bunch of us eat our words. He really stepped us these past 6 games! Good for him! :thumbu:

I really liked the interview with Reaves where he discussed playing ~3' per game in PIT and how hard it was to get in any rhythm and have an impact. I felt like he should sit during Round 1 of the playoffs, but he's grown on me.

I saw him at a practice working specifically on deflections for about 15 minutes, before the rest of the team came out. He and one other were on the ice early (this was late March).

Milamberkf

May 6, 2018
Darwin, Australia
I'm kinda superstitious about posting in GDT during games. Only two times I did, we lost. :pout:
Haha im the opposite, posted for the game 2 steal and game 5 closer (i'll happily claim good luck from my posts :D)

Joking aside, absolutely amazing season from the boys if they actually pull this off i'm gonna have to go on a spending spree for all the champions gear from my outright winner bet

GO:vegas GO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->