WCF: Edmonton Oilers vs. Colorado Avalanche ( Avs lead 3-0 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I wasn't diminishing their wins, and I agree you can only beat who you play. I am hoping for a Tampa - Colorado finals, myself. Best two teams in the NHL right now in my opinion, and I could see Colorado winning and then rattling off another Championship run next year.
In the Final the Avs will play a great goalie. I think a Rangers v Avs Final could be very interesting.

Reactions: authentic

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
You are highly oversimplifying it. Do you want all cross checks to be suspendable? Because that’s all this was… a cross check, and a minor one at that. What you are proposing is to suspend the result, not the action. Kadri doesn’t even go down if he’s not already off balance. Which, again, Kane would absolutely not know due to how fast it developed.

The stop on the back of the jerseys were there to remind kids about hits from behind, not light pushes and cross checks.

Shoves/crosschecks from behind within the certain space from the boards is what i am talking about. Suspending the action not the result is what i am talking about.

And game misconducts can play a role as well in trying to curb it if they were utilized more often.

And to be fair, you cant tell me i am oversimplifying it and then ask me if ALL crosschecks should be suspendable. I can basically hear the tone that goes with that

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Btw to all those Oilers fans complaining about the penalty disparity:

Such cheery picking stats, not to mention Malones Misconduct penalty isn't a team penalty nor would the avalanche get a PP opportunity from it. Shows how much that idiot knows

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
In the Final the Avs will play a great goalie. I think a Rangers v Avs Final could be very interesting.
Think people don't understand how fortunate the avs have been this playoffs in regards to goaltenders they faced.
Preds starting goalie saros doesn't play a game, avs still advance but I think the preds win a game or 2

Binnington who was playing lights out goes down with an injury amd Husso comes in amd the avs win 3 consecutive

Now they playing Smith who has made some big saves, but he literally is good for 2 gimmies a game and always kills any momentum theboulers have at the time

Now either rags or bolts is completely different as they have probably 2 of the top 5 goalies from this year.

But her avs still haven't beat the oilers just yet....

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010

Rangers would win as things stand right now, unless they also start sustaining key injuries like the Avs have

Maria Sharapova

Jun 4, 2010
No surprises with how this series has went none of the pacific teams was going to beat the Avs. Who would have known Nurse, Ceci, Keith and Barrie was a bad d core. I honestly feel bad for Edm goalies , you could put Igor there and he probably still can’t take them to glory.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
Had Binner not been run by Kadri, Blues likely take that series. Thats what a hot goaltender can do in the NHL playoffs.

Avs have faced NHL goaltending for 2 games this entire postseason. Whoever comes out of the East will have a massive advantage in that department.

Attachments

• cover6.jpg
    cover6.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 14

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Colorado's path to the Cup has to be one of the weakest we've seen yet, no?

Round 1 - playing the weakest team in the playoffs who are missing their MVP goaltender.

Round 2 - playing a strong STL team that's missing their #1 goaltender.

Round 3 - playing a decent Oilers team, but definitely a weaker opponent than you would normally expect in a Conference Finals.

It feels like the SCF, barring injuries, will be the only true championship calibre team they face. I was high on the Blues too, but once Binnington went down, it seemed like that whole series disintegrated. Every puck was going in.

1st round is supposed to be easy. 2nd round was a bad matchup for St. Louis regardless of who they had in net. They were an opportunistic team but so is Colorado, and Colorado tends to outshoot their opponents as well. The Blues did manage to win the PDO battle in round 2, but a -64 shot differential meant they were going to need Vasilevskiy or Shesterkin-level goaltending to realistically make that a competitive series. 3rd round, I think the Avs deserve credit for winning game 1 when McDrai combined for 5 points then mostly keeping those guys in check for games 2 and 3. It's a lot harder than it looks.

But yeah, it was nice to trade Vegas for St. Louis in the 2nd round.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Think people don't understand how fortunate the avs have been this playoffs in regards to goaltenders they faced.
Preds starting goalie saros doesn't play a game, avs still advance but I think the preds win a game or 2

Binnington who was playing lights out goes down with an injury amd Husso comes in amd the avs win 3 consecutive

Now they playing Smith who has made some big saves, but he literally is good for 2 gimmies a game and always kills any momentum theboulers have at the time

Now either rags or bolts is completely different as they have probably 2 of the top 5 goalies from this year.

But her avs still haven't beat the oilers just yet....
It’s a weird position considering how the actual games are being played out.

The Avs are lucky they’re facing the goaltenders they have.
I guess they’re also lucky that they’re essentially dominating every game they play outside of maybe 1. They’re outshooting and out chancing their opponents in essentially every game except for 1.

What you’re really saying is that the Avs are lucky there hasn’t been goaltenders on the other side good enough to completely steal games while their teammates are getting outplayed on the ice.

Reactions: tucker3434

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017

I guess they’re also lucky that they’re essentially dominating every game they play outside of maybe 1. They’re outshooting and out chancing their opponents in essentially every game except for 1.

What you’re really saying is that the Avs are lucky there hasn’t been goaltenders on the other side good enough to completely steal games while their teammates are getting outplayed on the ice.
Ok your right there not benefiting at all from the goalies they are facing. Enjoy the game

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
1st round is supposed to be easy. 2nd round was a bad matchup for St. Louis regardless of who they had in net. They were an opportunistic team but so is Colorado, and Colorado tends to outshoot their opponents as well. The Blues did manage to win the PDO battle in round 2, but a -64 shot differential meant they were going to need Vasilevskiy or Shesterkin-level goaltending to realistically make that a competitive series. 3rd round, I think the Avs deserve credit for winning game 1 when McDrai combined for 5 points then mostly keeping those guys in check for games 2 and 3. It's a lot harder than it looks.

But yeah, it was nice to trade Vegas for St. Louis in the 2nd round.
I really don’t understand the disrespect for STL. They’re a really good team who finished two points behind the supposed powerhouse Calgary team, and was 4th in total offense.

As far as missing their #1 goalie, Husso was actually their top guy all year, and had a .919sv% during the season, so not sure how that doesn’t factor in. STL buried a really good Minnesota team in 6 games, and were imo a tougher matchup than EDM.

Reactions: Alienblood

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010

Some oiler fan literally posted that I’d they had Jake oettinger it would be a series. Sure, and if the Avs had prime Patrick Roy they would be 11-0 in these playoffs. Totally nonsensical

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I really don’t understand the disrespect for STL. They’re a really good team who finished two points behind the supposed powerhouse Calgary team, and was 4th in total offense.

As far as missing their #1 goalie, Husso was actually their top guy all year, and had a .919sv% during the season, so not sure how that doesn’t factor in. STL buried a really good Minnesota team in 6 games, and were imo a tougher matchup than EDM.

I never bought into that team. Most of their success was based on perfect high danger passes and Husso’s .919. They had a very narrow window for victory against a team like the Avs that can bludgeon you with shots all game. They needed to be nearly perfect.

tell me you're in the Western conference without telling me you're in the Western conference

It’s the benefit of winning your conference. Nashville was definitely weaker than Washington, but I think Florida was pretty happy to draw Washington too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad