Series Talk: WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Dallas Stars in 4

Votes: 59 6.7%
  • Dallas Stars in 5

Votes: 211 23.8%
  • Dallas Stars in 6

Votes: 259 29.3%
  • Dallas Stars in 7

Votes: 45 5.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 4

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 5

Votes: 15 1.7%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 6

Votes: 160 18.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 7

Votes: 128 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Man the bitterness in this thread, not giving the Oilers a chance. I think Oilers can get it done and got Oilers in 6. HF likes to talk out the other end and it shows mostly with the hatred, LOL

Thankfully Stars are smarter than bitter posters discredit the Oilers, This is going to be a fun series. I like what this Stars team has become over the past couple years. Johnston is a beast. Heiskanen is one of my top dmen in the league. Oettinger is damn good too.

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
The Canucks' defenders are really being underrated here. Zadorov, Soucy and Myers were very effective against the Oilers. The Oilers team defence is also being underrated. Skinner is absolutely a weakness, but there are numerous examples of mediocre goalies getting to the SCF and even winning the Cup. Leighton and Boucher, Niemi, Ward, Keumper, Hill (got hot, hardly an established top end keeper)...

If the rest of the team is strong, you can get by with ho-hum goaltending.

This series will be close.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Nurse got tuned by Horvat. No one is scared of Nurse .
I couldn't remember this ever happening, so I had to look it up..

Are you seriously talking about that fight from 7 years ago when you say Horvat "tuned" Nurse.....?

Reactions: Sniper99

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Oilers may not have depth scoring but they have depth. There is more to having a good bottom 6 than offensive production. Guys like Janmark, Carrick, Foegele, McLeod , Ryan, Perry and Holloway contribute to wins in other ways.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
You know so much that you are overrating a team that lost in the 1st round.
Winning the Stanley Cup might have something to do with it

Oilers may not have depth scoring but they have depth. There is more to having a good bottom 6 than offensive production. Guys like Janmark, Carrick, Foegele, McLeod , Ryan, Perry and Holloway contribute to wins in other ways.
Yup

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
The Canucks' defenders are really being underrated here. Zadorov, Soucy and Myers were very effective against the Oilers. The Oilers team defence is also being underrated. Skinner is absolutely a weakness, but there are numerous examples of mediocre goalies getting to the SCF and even winning the Cup. Leighton and Boucher, Niemi, Ward, Keumper, Hill (got hot, hardly an established top end keeper)...

If the rest of the team is strong, you can get by with ho-hum goaltending.

This series will be close.
Nope. Skinner has to get hot . Or at the very least much much better. Ho Hum aunt winning 3rd and 4th rounds against these teams.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Silovs was excellent and is seemingly a stud goalie himself. Goaltending was a substantially greater issue for Edmonton than it was Vancouver.
I see Oiler fans saying this a lot. It’s BS.

Stud goalie?

Silovs did an admirable job, but he gave up 24 goals in seven games and had a .900 or less save percentage in five of them.

He sure as hell wasn’t Demko.

The Oilers were the better team, especially in the last two games, but if you don’t think they benefitted from the Canucks missing their Vezina finalist goalie, there’s not much more to say.

Again, they deserved to win the series, but they beat a team missing a top 3 goalie in the league. That is a fact.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Huge?

Dallas had a better PK this season and was 6th in PP compared to Edmonton's 4th.
Per Dom at the Athletic:

Edmonton is operating at a league-high 37.5 percent through two rounds, scoring 15.8 goals per 60. The Stars may be great on the power play, but the Oilers are outright dominant, which gives them a big offensive edge.

As much as the Stars’ penalty killers have limited quality looks from their opponents, they’ve allowed more back than expected — a difference of 3.86 goals, which is the most of any playoff team.

The Oilers are surprisingly the opposite, with more goals saved while short-handed. So as good as Dallas may be on special teams, Edmonton has the advantage on both ends of the ice

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
The series will be decided by whether 5kinner or Skinner shows up. If we get the one who struggled to stay engaged mentally and track pucks or control rebounds then the coach needs to deal with that before game 3, otherwise it's another run down the drain.

Reactions: Coffey

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Per Dom at the Athletic:

Edmonton is operating at a league-high 37.5 percent through two rounds, scoring 15.8 goals per 60. The Stars may be great on the power play, but the Oilers are outright dominant, which gives them a big offensive edge.

As much as the Stars’ penalty killers have limited quality looks from their opponents, they’ve allowed more back than expected — a difference of 3.86 goals, which is the most of any playoff team.

The Oilers are surprisingly the opposite, with more goals saved while short-handed. So as good as Dallas may be on special teams, Edmonton has the advantage on both ends of the ice

Comparing 13 games vs Vegas/Colorado with 12 games vs LA/Vancouver (no Demko) instead of looking at the entire 82-game season is certainly..... one way to look at it.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Comparing 13 games vs Vegas/Colorado with 12 games vs LA/Vancouver (no Demko) instead of looking at the entire 82-game season is certainly..... one way to look at it.
If the regular season meant anything the Oilers wouldn't be here.

The Oilers need to cut down the "oopsie" goals that have plagued them. The Nurse/Ceci blunders in game 1 vs the Kings, the Zadorov goal in game 2, the Foegele turnover in game 3, the McLeod turnover in game 7. A team like Dallas will eat those things alive.

Reactions: Sniper99

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I see Oiler fans saying this a lot. It’s BS.

Stud goalie?

Silovs did an admirable job, but he gave up 24 goals in seven games and had a .900 or less save percentage in five of them.

He sure as hell wasn’t Demko.

The Oilers were the better team, especially in the last two games, but if you don’t think they benefitted from the Canucks missing their Vezina finalist goalie, there’s not much more to say.

Again, they deserved to win the series, but they beat a team missing a top 3 goalie in the league. That is a fact.
the Oilers didn't "benefit"...if anything, the Canucks benefitted from a very poor showing from Skinner...in the last 4 games, the Canucks held the lead for like 30 seconds
the Canucks could've had a combination of Demko, Hasek, or Patrick Roy in net and it wouldn't matter because never held a lead for the goalie

but I digress...

this series will be the toughest test thus far for the Oilers

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Dallas is the favorite in this one. After beating both Vegas and Colorado on their way....

Dont expect a sweep. but i go with Dallas in 6....

Reactions: MBTendy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad