Series Talk: WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Dallas Stars in 4

Votes: 59 6.7%
  • Dallas Stars in 5

Votes: 211 23.8%
  • Dallas Stars in 6

Votes: 259 29.3%
  • Dallas Stars in 7

Votes: 45 5.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 4

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 5

Votes: 15 1.7%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 6

Votes: 160 18.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 7

Votes: 128 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

Puck Luck 73

Dec 17, 2021
Once you start seeing wave
really tough series
Dallas is deeper is all areas so the Oilers will be the underdogs

but unlike 2022 against the Avs, they don't have the top-end to match the skill of the Oilers

thus, Oilers in 7!
After wave and wave of depth you are going to say oh shit. McDavid cant play the whole game. Ask McKinnon

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
When a team almost falls behind 3-0 and scores a grand total of 2 goals in Game 6 and 7, that qualifies as barely squeaking by. They nearly lost the series. What’s wrong with calling it how it was? Dallas is a great team, they had the most points in the West, and they deserve to be here, but yeah, I’m going to push back against the invincible nonsense I’m reading.
I think the Stars win and I am an Oiler fan. When you use point totals as a reason and yet you don't consider point totals of Vancouver it makes your argument less credible. I know fans that hate the Oilers will use the 3 sting goalie the Canucks used as an excuse but I honestly don't think Demko could have played any better.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Also look out for Mason Marchment, apple doesn't fall far from the tree. He's a real *****.

Yea real classy there after winning a series in OT.

I mean technically they should've won it on the goal he scored earlier in overtime, which was legitimate, but hey.......overzealous refs, y'know? What're ya gonna do? :dunno: :laugh:

Can't blame him for being excited after all that.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Oilers top 2 lines should be better, while Stars bottom 2 lines are far better, especially the 3rd line.

For defensemen, Oilers first pairing is better while Stars have significantly better bottom 4.

For power play, Oilers are better. For penalty kill, Stars are better.

For goalies, Stars are significantly better.

Overall, this looks like a "depth vs high-end"-kinda matchup.
This ought to be fun to see. Clearly clueless. Edmonton has no defenseman that comes close to Heiskanen. Bouchard is not even in the tier below him. The guy has a heavy shot but don’t even think for 1 second Edmonton has a better top pair than what Dallas has. 🤣🤣🤣

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Once you start seeing wave

After wave and wave of depth you are going to say oh shit. McDavid cant play the whole game. Ask McKinnon
What I find interesting with this matchup, is both teams took lessons from their respective losses to Vegas last year.

Dallas went and loaded up on depth.
Oilers went and fixed their zone defense coverage, and systems play.

The Oilers are built in a way where their top-6 has to outscore what their bottom-6 gives up.
And they're really hoping the changes to the defensive systems, and puck support will result in less being given up.

Last edited:

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Oh you're switching to regular season stats now?

GF Dallas: 298
GF Oilers: 294

So by you're own logic, Dallas is better. Gotcha!

And Dallas had 9 more points in the regular season, so they got this no problem, based on your regular season logic.

Great. I hope they have this playing in the Oilers dressing room.

Reactions: iCanada

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Since 2020, these two teams are 6-6 against each other.
Let's hope that continues into the playoffs and we see a game 7.

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
I think the Oilers will give the Stars a hard time...sure Dallas are the favorites and truly so but just imagine McD finds another gear and Skinner doesn't shit the bed I do like the Oilers chances...two "ifs" but not impossible at all and in a close series sometimes you only need the bounces/luck in a game you don't deserve to win.
Hoping both teams can ice their best players.

Let's go Oilers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad