Series Talk: WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Dallas Stars in 4

Votes: 59 6.7%
  • Dallas Stars in 5

Votes: 211 23.8%
  • Dallas Stars in 6

Votes: 259 29.3%
  • Dallas Stars in 7

Votes: 45 5.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 4

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 5

Votes: 15 1.7%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 6

Votes: 160 18.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 7

Votes: 128 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Oilers top 2 lines will have to outscore Dallas' top 2 lines because Dallas has a big advantage with their 3rd and 4th lines. The Oilers have the advantage on special teams Dallas had 294 goals, and the Oilers had 292 Oilers gave up 236 goals and Dallas 232 Goal differential was 62 for Dallas 56 for Oilers This series will be a lot closer than people in here think

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Sometimes I wonder how good the Oilers would be if they could draft like 10% as well as Dallas instead of generally being terrible at it.

I read today in the Wyatt Johnston main page thread that Paul Coffee was pushing for the Oilers to take Johnston lol. Coffee coached Johnston for a couple years

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
No shot, they have McDavid

Read my follow up & see if you agree/disagree.

Canucks got more unlikable as it went along, rightly or wrongly (doesn't surprise me Bieksa/Luongo are largely loved now for example).

I think part of it is just most Canadian fans don't want to see a Canadian team other than theirs break the drought (I don't), and with the Canucks it seemed like they were going to do it. Montreal is the only team to make it since IIRC & I don't think anyone was worried they would break it. Edmonton legitimately might be able too though, they are a good team.

And the other part is the Canucks had the best PP in the league, they knew it & tried to sell calls to get on the PP. This Edmonton team also embellishes to get on the PP (sorry Oiler fans, not trying to be a dick), and I think fans will learn that if they haven't already - which just like those Canucks will make them more unlikable.

Just my opinion, could be wrong. I do think there's a serious undercurrent of Canadian fans not wanting to see another Canadian team besides theirs break the curse though.

That's a good point though that I didn't consider.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I read today in the Wyatt Johnston main page thread that Paul Coffee was pushing for the Oilers to take Johnston lol. Coffee coached Johnston for a couple years
As far as I know the rumor is that Staios was also on that train before he left for Ottawa. It's not just Johnston though; Stars have gotten more from late 1st/2nd round picks and beyond recently than the Oilers have in decades.

Top heavy teams like the Oilers in a cap league would all kill for those sorts of contributions from guys but they've never been able to find them, while Dallas seems to keep on doing it.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Can guarantee that Pavelski will show up, he always seems to score against the Oilers.

I have no doubt Pavelski will show up this series. He’s going to have more time and space against the Oilers D. Vegas absolutely suffocated Pavelski in the first round against Dallas and Colorado contained him well.

I think the Oilers will need to have Henrique come back, otherwise the bottom 6 is lopsided for Dallas. Benn and Johnston are going to play a big factor in this series.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
As far as I know the rumor is that Staios was also on that train before he left for Ottawa. It's not just Johnston though; Stars have gotten more from late 1st/2nd round picks and beyond recently than the Oilers have in decades.

We had a bunch of shitty drafts for awhile, then something changed. Honestly, it's alot of luck imo, but when teams struggle to find anything after the first round, you gotta change something up

So, whatever Nill changed I'm very thankful lol

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
I wonder what’s wrong with Connor this year though. He’s not his dynamic self anymore. I wonder if age has caught up with him. :cry:
I thought it was reported a while back that he was playing hurt. Probably nothing serious but enough to affect his agility and overall plays. He’s very obviously been playing it “safe” in ways I haven’t seen before- no end to end rushes, bursts, or potentially putting himself in positions to get hit awkwardly. He’s protecting something, not sure what.

VanOriginal

Jun 15, 2019
This will be a good series though Dallas will win it. Edmonton will put up a better fight than Vancouver would have. But Edmonton doesn't have the Defence or Defensive structure nor goaltending. If I was Edmonton I would start Pickard in net, Skinner is weak he looked bad against LA he was really bad against Vancouver. Against Dallas he will get even more exposed.

• Haha
Reactions: thekernel

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
Will McDavid be ready for the start of the series? Was hard to watch this last round without him. Hockey is better when it's best players are playing.

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
Definitely a huge step up in competition going from Canucks to Stars. This will take Edmonton all they have. I still believe in them, Oilers in 7.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Ah yes, the invincible Dallas Stars who were an overtime goal away from being down 3-0 to the #8 seed in the opening round. People really out here acting like they’re the 90s Red Wings and Avalanche, or even their own 1999 and 2000 iteration. Oettinger is damn good, but he’s no Belfour and we’re what…a mere month out from the completion of a regular season where his own fans complained how ordinary he was? Give me a break with these “sweep” and “going to be so easy” comments. Dallas is far more beatable than many seem to believe. Honestly, McDavid and Draisaitl are probably putting up 10-15 points this series.
Drai maybe. Mcdavid pointless in 3 of his last 5 games and looks out of gas.. dallas in 4

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Look forward to this series. Dallas is a hell of a team

Had to watch them stomp my Oilers for years in the 90's with their juggernaut roster. Always hated getting matched up against you guys

Leaving this here for no reason in particular 😄

I vivdly remember watching this goal with my Mom, we both jumped up and down so much that a plant fell off our shelf and smashed on the ground from us shaking the whole house :laugh:

Reactions: zar

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Okay let's be real here.

Dallas loses game one cause that's what they do. Good Jake, bad Jake doesn't matter they haven't won a game 1 since the bubble playoffs.

Otter will also have one stinker. McDrai are too good and they'll win at least one other game.

Otherwise Dallas' 4 lines, better goaltending, superior road play, and quite frankly better coaching will carry the rest of the series.

Dallas in 6.

Reactions: wizemagic

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Okay let's be real here.

Dallas loses game one cause that's what they do. Good Jake, bad Jake doesn't matter they haven't won a game 1 since the bubble playoffs.

Otter will also have one stinker. McDrai are too good and they'll win at least one other game.

Otherwise Dallas' 4 lines, better goaltending, superior road play, and quite frankly better coaching will carry the rest of the series.

Dallas in 6.
Oilers have only won 1 game 1 in the McDrai era. It happened like a month ago.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Okay let's be real here.

Dallas in 6.

We also love losing game 1. We’ve only won 2 in the mcdrai era soooo guess we’ll see how that plays out.

Dallas lacks star power. f*** your depth, we have mcdrai :laugh: Oilers in 6

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
We also love losing game 1. We’ve only won 2 in the mcdrai era soooo guess we’ll see how that plays out.

Dallas lacks star power. f*** your depth, we have mcdrai :laugh: Oilers in 6
Oh right I forgot about Anaheim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad