Series Talk: WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Dallas Stars in 4

Votes: 59 6.7%
  • Dallas Stars in 5

Votes: 211 23.8%
  • Dallas Stars in 6

Votes: 259 29.3%
  • Dallas Stars in 7

Votes: 45 5.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 4

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 5

Votes: 15 1.7%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 6

Votes: 160 18.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 7

Votes: 128 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
The champs were not remotely scary after they cooled off from their 11-0-1 start and were lukewarm heading into the playoffs. The love that Dallas is getting, you would think they destroyed their opening round opponent, rather than barely squeaking by.

You just can’t get enough of quoting me and getting it wrong this season, can you?
They also added some extra things in the playoffs that they didn’t have in the regular season. Trying to say they barely squeaked by Vegas is just asinine, everyone knows that Vegas was not a real #8 seeded team.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Considering the way the Stars manhandled a contender while Edmonton struggled to eke past a team riddled with injuries... I'd be absolutely gobsmacked if Edmonton won more than one game.

Colorado wasn't this healthy juggernaut squad either, they were banged up and then Nicushkin bailed on them mid series.

Reactions: iCanada

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
I feel like Flames fans build Oettinger up a little too much based on his series vs the Flames 2 years ago.

Yeah he had like a .950% in that series, but so did Markstrom. Oilers perforated Markstrom next round.

Jake O had an .895% in 19 playoff games last year. He's not a super star at this point in his career.

He's likely to outplay Skinner. Question is if that's the difference in the series.

He has a .918 through two rounds against two very good teams. I'm not denying that McDavid and Draisaitl can go nuclear on him, I just find it unlikely given Dallas' depth and defense.

But, it's a playoff series. Anything can happen

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
They also added some extra things in the playoffs that they didn’t have in the regular season. Trying to say they barely squeaked by Vegas is just asinine, everyone knows that Vegas was not a real #8 seeded team.

When a team almost falls behind 3-0 and scores a grand total of 2 goals in Game 6 and 7, that qualifies as barely squeaking by. They nearly lost the series. What’s wrong with calling it how it was? Dallas is a great team, they had the most points in the West, and they deserve to be here, but yeah, I’m going to push back against the invincible nonsense I’m reading.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Dallas coming in with a PK operating at 69% against the top PP should be an area of concern, and one big advantage for Edmonton. I don't expect Edmonton's PK to continue at a 90%+ clip though either.

Reactions: Dynamite Time

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
When a team almost falls behind 3-0 and scores a grand total of 2 goals in Game 6 and 7, that qualifies as barely squeaking by. They nearly lost the series. What’s wrong with calling it how it was? Dallas is a great team, they had the most points in the West, and they deserve to be here, but yeah, I’m going to push back against the invincible nonsense I’m reading.
Quality of competition matters.

Reactions: Amorgus

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Dallas is good, but new serie, new matchup

Think we match up good against playing teams, like our chances..

Oilers also play with no pressure after 2 expected wins, but Skinner needs to step up.

Oilers in 6!
Lets go!

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Stars in 5-6. Voted 5.

But if Edmonton manages to get to the final they will face the same opposition nationwide that we did in 2011. Just my prediction.
ehhh I dunno. plenty of disgruntled vancouver, cgy, Toronto (McD angst mostly) fans, but that Canucks team had a collection of very unlikeable players: Bieksa, Burrows, Edler, Lapierre, Kesler. Luongo crying about the other goalie not pumping his tires...

Norwegianoiler

Nov 17, 2014
Welcome to the outsider's paradox, where the Oilers are both going to get obliterated easily by the Stars, but also have all the pressure of being total favorites that have to win every game easily because they have McDraichard.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
ehhh I dunno. plenty of disgruntled vancouver, cgy, Toronto (McD angst mostly) fans, but that Canucks team had a collection of very unlikeable players: Bieksa, Burrows, Edler, Lapierre, Kesler. Luongo crying about the other goalie not pumping his tires...

I'm an Oiler fan but I have to say that Kane, Perry, and Nurse aren't the most easily likable guys across the league either. I don't think it's as deep as that 2011 team, but I can see why people don't like them.

Reactions: T-Funk

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
It's too bad so many Dallas fans left HFboards because of {redacted} but I understand why they did.

4746ce52-884d-42e9-ae39-c6d7fad16caf_text.gif

Dallas’ PK is 69% in the playoffs BEFORE playing Edmonton.

Tons of respect for the Stars, they’re a great team, but Edmonton’s got a significant special teams advantage. Huge question mark in net, obviously.

NICE

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
My preferred lines going into Dallas.
(This is good depth if Henrique is okay)

Hyman Mcdavid Henrique
Kane Draisaitl Holloway
McLeod Nuge Foegele
Janmark Carrick Brown

The D pairings being the same and obviously it's good to have broberg if someone is banged up. I would throw brogerg in with Vinny D if broberg has to play.

Skinner to start

Last edited:

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Kane, Perry, Nurse, Draisaitl, McDavid. All have created an unlikeable aura around them.

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
I think Edmonton is tough for the Stars in the sense that McDavid and Draisaitl are gonna fry their pk

However, they won't do anything 5v5.

I believe this will continue a historic run for the Stars, who will be the first playoff team in history to face their toughest test in the 1st round and have easier matchups each subsequent round.
The oilers will likely be an easier series for them than whoever comes out of the east

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Unfortunately I think the Stars are more well-rounded and will win this in 5 or 6.

Rooting for the Oilers big time though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad