Series Talk: WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Dallas Stars in 4

Votes: 59 6.7%
  • Dallas Stars in 5

Votes: 211 23.8%
  • Dallas Stars in 6

Votes: 259 29.3%
  • Dallas Stars in 7

Votes: 45 5.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 4

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 5

Votes: 15 1.7%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 6

Votes: 160 18.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 7

Votes: 128 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
Gonna need Skinner to catch fire here, Dallas is a much different beast compared to LA or Vancouver. That being said I think we can do it, should be very exciting either way. I like being the underdog.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Ah yes, the invincible Dallas Stars who were an overtime goal away from being down 3-0 to the #8 seed in the opening round. People really out here acting like they’re the 90s Red Wings and Avalanche, or even their own 1999 and 2000 iteration. Oettinger is damn good, but he’s no Belfour and we’re what…a mere month out from the completion of a regular season where his own fans complained how ordinary he was? Give me a break with these “sweep” and “going to be so easy” comments. Dallas is far more beatable than many seem to believe. Honestly, McDavid and Draisaitl are probably putting up 10-15 points this series.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
I wonder what’s wrong with Connor this year though. He’s not his dynamic self anymore. I wonder if age has caught up with him. :cry:

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Ah yes, the invincible Dallas Stars who were an overtime goal away from being down 3-0 to the #8 seed in the opening round. People really out here acting like they’re the 90s Red Wings and Avalanche, or even their own 1999 and 2000 iteration. Oettinger is damn good, but he’s no Belfour and we’re what…a mere month out from the completion of a regular season where his own fans complained how ordinary he was? Give me a break with these “sweep” and “going to be so easy” comments. Dallas is far more beatable than many seem to believe. Honestly, McDavid and Draisaitl are probably putting up 10-15 points this series.

That 8th seed was also Vegas, which had a bit of a reputation going into the playoffs. Let’s not act like it was a normal 8th seed team

maroon 6

Dec 31, 2009
British Columbia
With Skinner in net? Who has been outplayed by a career college backup. He ain’t getting them the cup this year lol.

Yes with Skinner/Pickard in net.

Dallas is like the Flames of 2022

Good offense, defense and goaltending yet the Oilers wiped them. I’m not saying Oettinger will have a Markstrom like series but I think McDrai will get it done regardless.

Reactions: Infamousprime

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
McDavid needs to start growing his beard during the season, it has huge potential. Imagine him flying down the ice with a Joe Thornton style beard flapping in the wind.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
From my limited viewings, Dallas might be the deepest team in the NHL. They can quite literally roll 4 lines and three pairings and they are fine. Not to mention Otter is a beast. They wore down the Avalanche with just wave after wave with each line. I'm honestly impressed by them.

If the Stars are healthy, I think they take this in 5.
I feel like Flames fans build Oettinger up a little too much based on his series vs the Flames 2 years ago.

Yeah he had like a .950% in that series, but so did Markstrom. Oilers perforated Markstrom next round.

Jake O had an .895% in 19 playoff games last year. He's not a super star at this point in his career.

He's likely to outplay Skinner. Question is if that's the difference in the series.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010

That 8th seed is also the current defending champs and eliminated Edmonton in 6 games last season. If Vegas was able to play their playoff roster for the whole regular season they likely win the Pacific again just like they did last season.

The regular season Vegas roster missing their #1D and Stone likely gets swept by Dallas.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Edmonton are far more entertaining. Hope they get past Dallas who make me wanna change the channel.

Same here.... hate watching the second highest scoring team in the league score a bunch of goals.

If you're talking about the playoffs, what was wrong with the Dallas vs Vegas series, or even the Avs one? Those were some close entertainig games.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
That 8th seed was also Vegas, which had a bit of a reputation going into the playoffs. Let’s not act like it was a normal 8th seed team

The champs were not remotely scary after they cooled off from their 11-0-1 start and were lukewarm heading into the playoffs. The love that Dallas is getting, you would think they destroyed their opening round opponent, rather than barely squeaking by.

That 8th seed is also the current defending champs and eliminated Edmonton in 6 games last season. If Vegas was able to play their playoff roster for the whole regular season they likely win the Pacific again just like they did last season.

The regular season Vegas roster missing their #1D and Stone likely gets swept by Dallas.

You just can’t get enough of quoting me and getting it wrong this season, can you?

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Edmonton key will be special teams. Their PK and PP are both insane. If they can get to Oettinger they can win.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Well I got nothing against Dallas.
So let’s have a good series, boys and whoever wins can bring the cup to the west again.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Dallas is going back to where they played in the finals... and lost. Same with Seguin, going first overall in the overhyped 2010 NHL Draft. All jokes aside, I think Dallas outplays Edmonton and wins it in six.

If Edmonton goes to the finals in loses the NHL is rigged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad