Series Talk: WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Dallas Stars in 4

Votes: 59 6.7%
  • Dallas Stars in 5

Votes: 211 23.8%
  • Dallas Stars in 6

Votes: 259 29.3%
  • Dallas Stars in 7

Votes: 45 5.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 4

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 5

Votes: 15 1.7%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 6

Votes: 160 18.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 7

Votes: 128 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
There is a noticeable difference in depth and quality.

I don't think it's hate to say the Stars will win comfortably but of course, playoff hockey isn't played on paper.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
It's the playoffs anything can happen, even if Dallas are the favorites you never know. Provided both teams stay healthy, I'd like to say the Stars win in 6 but idk. McDavid and Draisaitl can and will take over some games and Oettinger and the PK will need to be very good. Also Bouchard is a Star-killer usually

I feel Edmonton will win the special teams battle easily so Dallas will need to win 5v5.

No offense to the Canucks, but this matchup is much more entertaining than that boring style the Canucks were playing.

Lot of people saying Vegas and Colorado were tougher opponents, and that's probably true especially on paper, but let's see how the Stars hold up health-wise in this series after those last 2 really tough ones. Hintz got injured and honestly will probably miss some games I feel in this series. Good thing the Stars got some rest at least

Should be a fun one. Lot of people saying Stars in 4 clearly haven't seen the Stars play a game 1 yet. Haven't won one since 2020

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
It's the playoffs anything can happen, even if Dallas are the favorites you never know. Provided both teams stay healthy, I'd like to say the Stars win in 6 but idk. McDavid and Draisaitl can and will take over some games and Oettinger and the PK will need to be very good. Also Bouchard is a Star-killer usually

I feel Edmonton will win the special teams battle easily so Dallas will need to win 5v5.

No offense to the Canucks, but this matchup is much more entertaining than that boring style the Canucks were playing.

Lot of people saying Vegas and Colorado were tougher opponents, and that's probably true especially on paper, but let's see how the Stars hold up health-wise in this series after those last 2 really tough ones. Hintz got injured and honestly will probably miss some games I feel in this series. Good thing the Stars got some rest at least

Should be a fun one. Lot of people saying Stars in 4 clearly haven't seen the Stars play a game 1 yet. Haven't won one since 2020
Yeah I totally get what your saying but could you scoot over for a second?

announce-homer.gif

Dallas is going to sweep the Oilers!

• Haha
Reactions: VainGretzky

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Dallas is going all the way, at least to the cup final. The only team I see beating Dallas is Florida. This same Stars team made the final 4 last year so it’s still very fresh. They are better this year though.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
LETS GOOOO

This moment was actually a blessing in disguise for the Stars. They had a breakthrough year that season, finishing #2 in the West when the Avs/Wings rivalry was in full force. This upset really highlighted how much they needed a goalie though, and that offseason they reached the Avs/Wings tier after signing Belfour. Won the next 2 President's Trophies and the 1999 Stanley Cup.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Think the Stars are the much deeper mature hockey team and that they'll take this series.

I don't really expect it to be all that short though. Probably 6 games, maybe 5 if Skinner stinks it up badly in 1 where the Oil play well.
Should be fun to watch Benn put Kane on a leash

Reactions: Iggys Dome

Sensatauro

Dec 30, 2012
Struggling to give Edmonton a game.

Dallas in 4.

Dallas had to go through Vegas and Colorado. Edmonton had to go through LA and a Demko and later Boeser-less Vancouver.

Thanks, you're legitimately always wrong, so I know how to profit. Bet Oilers to win Game 1, then double. Through game 4. Just need 800 in bank to get at least $100. That's 12.5 interest free tax free income. Zero chance Dallas sweeps. You're worse then Drake for predictions. That's a tough thing to do, but here you stand. I'll quote this when I win with a bet receipt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad