Pre-Game Talk: WCF: Anaheim Ducks vs Chicago Blackhawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Maybe he's not happy with 1 goal in what, 30 games since he came over for a #1 pick?

Ok but scratching Vermette messes up the rest of the bottom 6 and forces Shaw to play center. Plus Vermette is solid defensively and at faceoffs, and the Sharp Vermette Teuvo line had been playing well together for the most part.

It'd be nice if Vermette was scoring more, but he contributes in so many other ways, and he really helped make the lineup almost perfect.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
If he wanted to do sonething useful how about breaking up the second line that seemingly gets pinned in our own zone almost every shift? Every time we get pinned in our own end I look for 88 on the ice and damn if that line isn't out there almost every time.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
How about these lines for tomorrow:

Bickell-Toews-Kane
Saad-Richards-Hossa
Sharp-Guy who has 1 goal in some span of time-20 year old who will now have fresh legs
Desjardins-Kruger-Guy who should be on wing and never at center

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
As much as I wouldn't want to elevate Bickell, here is what I would go with if he insists on not using the same lines that won us the last series:

Bickell-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Vermette-Hossa
Saad-Richards-TT
Shaw-Kruger-Desjardins

Try and match the Toews line with their 4th line and the Kruger line with the Getzlaf line.

PRGeno

May 12, 2015
How about these lines for tomorrow:

Bickell-Toews-Kane
Saad-Richards-Hossa
Sharp-Guy who has 1 goal in some span of time-20 year old who will now have fresh legs
Desjardins-Kruger-Guy who should be on wing and never at center

Almost perfect!!

I could go either way, but I would swap Kane & Hossa. With the proper effort expended by all those playing, I think either configuration can be the best Hawks line up and should not only win Saturday but just might be able to win the Cup!

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Sharp-Toews-Kane
Saad-Vermette-Hossa (v Kesler)
Bickell-Richards-TT
Desi-Kruger-Shaw (v Getzlaf)

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
It makes perfect sense to split Toews and Hossa, they need to get more defensive responsibility with Kane. It makes sense, which is why he won't do it.

PRGeno

May 12, 2015
It makes perfect sense to split Toews and Hossa, they need to get more defensive responsibility with Kane. It makes sense, which is why he won't do it.

They won't need more defensive responsibility it if Q matches them up properly. 20 91 & 88 would control the puck and be in the offensive zone the whole time.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago

That's why Saad would play with Kane, and it might help Saad start scoring. Kane and Saad have played well together in the past.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
They won't need more defensive responsibility it if Q matches them up properly. 20 91 & 88 would control the puck and be in the offensive zone the whole time.

I have no problem trying this, but I don't see swapping Bickell for Saad will all of a sudden put Kane and Richards in the offensive zone all of the time. I still think the 20-91-88 line would spend plenty of time pinned in our own end.

kuzy

Mar 31, 2012
St. Charles, IL
As much as I wouldn't want to elevate Bickell, here is what I would go with if he insists on not using the same lines that won us the last series:

Bickell-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Vermette-Hossa
Saad-Richards-TT
Shaw-Kruger-Desjardins

Try and match the Toews line with their 4th line and the Kruger line with the Getzlaf line.

I'd rather keep 10-80-86 together

PRGeno

May 12, 2015
I have no problem trying this, but I don't see swapping Bickell for Saad will all of a sudden put Kane and Richards in the offensive zone all of the time. I still think the 20-91-88 line would spend plenty of time pinned in our own end.

It's not the swap that does it, it the line matching that should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad