WC SF: MAY 8 GDT - SLOVAKIA vs. CANADA (1-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swedish Bolt Fan

Jul 16, 2002
win it again
Visit site
Van said:
You make no sense.

You say they shouldn't use amateur North American referees, yet fail to realize that all referees in Europe (except the Swiss) are amateurs.

The NHL is not a top league of any country. The NHL is the NHL.

The CHL is the top league in Canada, and the NCAA is the top league in the USA.

Baah,

Than tell me how many players out of all STARS playing in the CHL and MAJOR JUNIOR is actually playing at world championship?

I can give it to you right away it is probably NOONE since they are NOT good enough nor are the refs there good enough. The whole year they are faced with lesser skilled players lesser speed lesser this and lesser that. That makes it pretty clear that if the players dont make the teams out of these MAJOR leagues why should the refs?

BCCHL inactive

Swedish Bolt Fan said:
That makes it pretty clear that if the players dont make the teams out of these MAJOR leagues why should the refs?

Then tell me, where is the IIHF going to find professional officials?

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Some people here are also ignoring the fact that many European officials in these international tournaments are just plain awful. There can't even be any arguement about that.

The thing is, there are going to be good and bad officials from all countries. Nothing can be done about it, and there's not much point in complaining about it.

BCCHL inactive

Seachd said:
Some people here are also ignoring the fact that many European officials in these international tournaments are just plain awful. There can't even be any arguement about that.

Sure there can. A lot of Europeans think our referees are just plain awful. North America and Europe have two very different styles of play, and therefore two very different styles of officiating. A North American saying that European refs suck is usually just seeing a European game through North American eyes.

I've said it before....Personally, I think the European referee is exactly what NHL referee-haters want. A lot of them call their games as tight as possible. Yet if the NHL were to have its referees call games like that, those same people would whine and cry about the officiating that they wanted in the first place.

Swedish Bolt Fan

Jul 16, 2002
win it again
Visit site
Van said:
Sure there can. A lot of Europeans think our referees are just plain awful. North America and Europe have two very different styles of play, and therefore two very different styles of officiating. A North American saying that European refs suck is usually just seeing a European game through North American eyes.

I've said it before....Personally, I think the European referee is exactly what NHL referee-haters want. A lot of them call their games as tight as possible. Yet if the NHL were to have its referees call games like that, those same people would whine and cry about the officiating that they wanted in the first place.

You have NEVER seen me argue about a too tightly called game it will NEVER happen trust me.

A good referee is someone thats knows how to use his whizzle even when it makes him unpopular. And if more refs called the game by the book instead of following some voodoo cult aka game management we would have far far less problems with officiating in general

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Van said:

No matter what style of officiating they use, there are always the bad ones. Just because a European ref calls a lot of penalties, it doesn't necessarily make him good. Ditto with the North Americans. Having a certain style of officiating is fine, but within each style there are good and bad officials.

BCCHL inactive

Swedish Bolt Fan said:
And if more refs called the game by the book instead of following some voodoo cult aka game management we would have far far less problems with officiating in general

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but calling a game "by the book" is using Game Management.

The book is written to allow referees to use their own judgment to decide what is and is not a penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->