WC SF: MAY 8 GDT - SLOVAKIA vs. CANADA (1-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Second period over, 1-1.
Not the most entertaining game in the tournament. Should be a very interesting third period though.

SChan*

pretty boring match imo. I knew Canada had the comeback though, they always do.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
that's the worst call of the tournament. R. Niedermayer (using his stick) runs down Lasak, Canada score. Should have been a penalty.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Predatore said:
that's the worst call of the tournament. R. Niedermayer (using his stick) runs down Lasak, Canada score. Should have been a penalty.

Oh come on. He didn't even touch him. One hand on his stick and he skates BEHIND Lasak and Lasak goes down like he was shot. That was a good non call. Lasak is lucky he didn't get a diving penalty.

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
I don't care if there is body contact or not, Niedermayer tripped Lasak and it should have been a penalty, Canada did not deserve that goal, anyone who says they did is obvisouly blind as bat.

Unbiased Canadian

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
s7ark,
Don't know how you come up with that as the replay clearly showed that Lasak lost his balance due to Niedermayer's stick as he skated by. Not saying it was intentional by him, but I definitely think it was a call.

incawg

Mar 7, 2003
Canuckland
Visit site
Looked to me that if Lasak hadn't stayed down in an attempt to draw the penalty he would have been fine. It should have been a penalty IMO but Lasak obviously embellished as well, so I don't exactly feel sorry for him.

KungFuPenguin

Sep 26, 2002
Visit site
Enter the conspiracy theories. A North American team in each semifinal. North American refs in both games. A terrible non-call to decide the first semifinal in Canada's favor.

I feel bad for everyone involved.

EDIT: And the replay clearly showed Niedermayer tripping up Lasak with his stick. This is not debatable.

Kronblom

Nov 27, 2002
Stockholm
s7ark said:
Oh come on. He didn't even touch him. One hand on his stick and he skates BEHIND Lasak and Lasak goes down like he was shot. That was a good non call. Lasak is lucky he didn't get a diving penalty.
A clear goalie interference from an objective standpoint. He did touch him with his stick, just enough so he lost his balance. Just enough so the ref wouldn´t see it, a lot of practice maybe.

SChan*

Ref scandal! In This tournament the ref's has been very picky with goalie interference so what happend here? It's an american ref though....

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Predatore said:
s7ark,
Don't know how you come up with that as the replay clearly showed that Lasak lost his balance due to Niedermayer's stick as he skated by. Not saying it was intentional by him, but I definitely think it was a call.

Because he only had one hand on his stick and had no balance himself. Lasak was going for a penalty and gambled and lost. Besides the refs have decided to make up for it with lots of penalty calls against Canada

incawg

Mar 7, 2003
Canuckland
Visit site
s7ark said:
Because he only had one hand on his stick and had no balance himself. Lasak was going for a penalty and gambled and lost. Besides the refs have decided to make up for it with lots of penalty calls against Canada

Yep, the slovaks have been diving all game...now they're starting to get powerplays for it.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
s7ark said:

What has the fact that Niedermayer had not balance to do with the call. Niedermayers stick moved Lasak supportive (correct expression?) leg so he lost his balance.
And the fact that the ref is now taking penalty calls against Canada is an indication that they weren't sure about the goal, well.. heck they didn't even see the situation :)

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
it's time for banning NA refs, but today i don't really care, because slovakia isn't doing enough. where's their offense? where's their will to win? it's a poor game with two weak teams and nobody deserves a win. so maybe the non-penalty call will avoid overtime and then i'd thank the ref. :)

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
hehe
I only hope that either Canada or Slovakia scores a bunch of goals in the last 7 minutes, so there will not be as much discussion about whether this goal was game deciding or not :)
Another penalty for Canada...

KungFuPenguin

Sep 26, 2002
Visit site
To be fair, Niedermayer pushing Lasak's leg out from under him happened very fast and was probably very hard to spot from where the ref was standing.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
with seeing more and more replays of the goal, i think nieds intentionally tripped lasak. but hell...why didn't he just checked him to ice. a clean hit on lasak would have been legal and would have the same effect. so nieds is to blame for not checking. : :teach:

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Predatore said:
What has the fact that Niedermayer had not balance to do with the call. Niedermayers stick moved Lasak supportive (correct expression?) leg so he lost his balance.
And the fact that the ref is now taking penalty calls against Canada is an indication that they weren't sure about the goal, well.. heck they didn't even see the situation :)

It's called leverage. How is capable of applying enough pressure with his stick on Lasak to drop him like that with one hand on his stick and no balance?

Yup 3 straight penalties against Canada. Ref's are more then making up for it if they were unsure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->