WC SF: May 20 GDT - Finland vs. Czech Republic

Macman

May 15, 2004
Vitkovice said:
whom did he give the finger to? I didn't see it and such manner doesn't suit him, it actually sounds unbelievable to me..

I saw it, but have no idea who it was directed at.

Master Kush

Jan 29, 2003
Visit site
He gave it to Jokinen when he skated by after fighting Kaberle. And yes, that was a bit over the top. But, Jokinen was really classless to go after Czech's best player when the game was over. I lost a lot of respect for him b/c of that.

I dont think Kabs should be suspended cause he didnt throw a punch, i think he just grabbed on to protect himself.

Matti_A

Sep 21, 2005
Slitty said:
"Diggilo diggilei
alla tittar på mig
när jag går i mina gyllene skor"

What's this mean?
Heh, it's a Swedish song that won the ESC many years ago I believe.

It translates to:

"Diggilo diggilei
everybody's watching me
as I walk in my golden shoes"

I just thought it was quite a fitting song looking at Ovechkins skates. :)

ThinMcWhistle

Mar 26, 2005
Northern hemisphere
Winner said:
We were pathetic, but lucky. I guess Swedes will crush us like bugs in the finals.

You guys were solid as usual... We on the other hand choked like chickens once again..:shakehead

The only Finnish player worth mentioning for Finland in this game is Norrena.. He elevated his level of play and kept the Finns in it until approx the 16 minute mark of the 3rd.. YOU CAN'T WIN IF YOU DON'T SCORE.

Where were the Jokinens in this game??
Hats off to Tuomo Ruutu though, he was out there busting his ***.. He is starting to look like the player that everyone expects him to be. :bow:

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
finska said:
Where were the Jokinens in this game??
Hats off to Tuomo Ruutu though, he was out there busting his ***.. He is starting to look like the player that everyone expects him to be. :bow:

I couldn't agree more.

I saw few shifts when Tuomo was totally fatigued but he still kept skating and hitting before making to the bench. He's starting to look like a leader.

And as he promised he didn't took penalties at the important games. Altought Jarkko did, but they both played perfectly.

Hats off to Ruutu brothers. They are not the most skilled ones, but they play with big heart and they bring big grid to the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad