WC SF: May 20 GDT - Finland vs. Czech Republic

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I just heard that the Finns have a chance to win the Euro Vision Songcontest. If the finns win it they are a lock to win gold in the WCH. Lordi would sweep away all of their mental problems. Go Carola! :yo:

hifk88

Nov 2, 2005
Helsinki
Ola said:
I just heard that the Finns have a chance to win the Euro Vision Songcontest. If the finns win it they are a lock to win gold in the WCH. Lordi would sweep away all of their mental problems. Go Carola! :yo:

Finland will have a very good chance to win this year Eurovision Song Contest and WCH. Its going to be hard to beat Carola and its going to be hard to beat Czech Republic in the semifinals and Sweden or Canada in the WCH's gold or bronze medal game, but our lions are ready and hungry and so is Mr.Lordi

Go Lions! Go Lordi! Hard Rock Hallelujah!!! :yo:

Last edited:

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
6-2 Finland

I'll take a wild guess on this...Czech goalie let's in 4 within the first half of the game, then Czech get 2 before the period is up then Finland get 2 goals late...a minute apart from eachother.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
yarre said:
Carola is the worst **** that has ever come out of Sweden, I so hope she fails in Eurovision Song Contest.

Eurovision song contest is such crap that I wish Lordi wins....because Lordi is a slap in the face of that ridiculous contest. They have a crappy song, bad singer, and mediocre musical skills....everything that the eurovision song contest is about. But they have stupid monster masks and make-up. Hopefully they will win, and hopefully the whole travesty will stop to exist next year. It's like a competition of "who can write the worst and most annoying chorus" competition. Lordi should win because of that.

I think lithuania and finland will be the top 2, because their performances stand up. Everything in the competition is pathetic, but at least those two are unique.

Oh yeah, Finland will win 3-1. Talking about the hockey now.

Hensta

May 10, 2005
Kuusamo,Finland
We are better team, but czechs has a little bit more skill.
Our goalie Norrena is better than Hnilicka?!? crazy name...
We have allowed only 10 goals in 7 games.

So we cant lose...cant we?

3-1 Fin

Peltonen 1+1
Nummelin 1+1
Luoma

Go Fin Go!

:clap:

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
I think this will be a very even game. I just hope that the Czechs don't get the kind of start they got in the previous game against Team Finland. Still I think that the Czechs are the favourite here. They have better offence and their defence doesn't lose much to ours. They have slightly better goalie but we have a better team ethics. Very hard to predict so a tie after the third is the most likely result but a win for Team Czech in regular time isn't far off either.

I just have to hope that Team Finland will eventually win this battle.

Dominus

Nov 5, 2004
yarre said:
Carola is the worst **** that has ever come out of Sweden, I so hope she fails in Eurovision Song Contest.

I'm an idiot, but I just realized she's the same Carola that had that "FÃ¥ngad av en stormwind"-song years ago. Definitively one of my all time favourite Eurovision song contest performers. Carola rocks! :yo:

psycho_dad said:
Eurovision song contest is such crap that I wish Lordi wins.... ...It's like a competition of "who can write the worst and most annoying chorus" competition.

Yeah, it is. And that's what great about it. It's a ****ing joke and it makes me laugh my *** off. Go Eurovision song contest Go! :handclap:

Oh, and there's also some hockey game on tonight. Close game, Czechs win at the OT, 3-2.

Matti_A

Sep 21, 2005
First of all I'm a bit surprised that the Czech's have made it this far.

I thought for sure we would have to face Russia.

I guess that means Ovechkin can participate in the Euro Vision song contest, his song would naturally be:

"Diggilo diggilei
alla tittar på mig
när jag går i mina gyllene skor" :)

I predict a 3-1 win for Finland.

Finland:Olli "Joke"inen 2, Nummelin
Czech:Krycek

magical hippo

Feb 25, 2006
Very exciting game! I predict Team Finland finally has game going smooth and will steamroll over Czech Team 5-1.

yarre

Oct 13, 2005
Gothenburg
I remember that yle was live-streaming games during the Olympics, will they be doing the same with this semifinal? (I am guessing no because of TV-rights and etc but one can always hope)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad