WC SF: May 12th GDT - Russia vs. Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
Hey, isn't that dog on the pic topped by some other animal? Looks like a little bear :naughty:

It would be also interesting to propose an explanation what makes Russian players look like a bear (well, other than the cumbersome D-men)? Huge? Slow? Keep on forgetting to score when they see honey? Ah, I got it: lazy.

It is the memory of Ragulin.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
"Seeing behind the result of the play", "proving my point". What the hell does it mean? I'd like to see your sense if Lehtonen or something was taken out

Seeing behind the result....as in not judging the situation by your emotions because of what happened to Markov, but seeing it as just an unfortunate, unlucky situation where one player tried to give a big open ice hit and one tried to dodge it and got injured because knees collided. It was not intentional, Bergenheim did not try to extend his leg but Markov tried at the last second to avoid the hit.

This is hockey, its a contact sport and sometimes accidents happen and people get injured. I dont know what kind of hockey they play in russian league, but judging by your reactions, there is not a whole lot of hitting.

Phenomenon

Jun 10, 2006
Bergenheim´s tackle was a bit late and on the edge of the rule book. 5+20 was the right decision, although there was no strecthing or anything and not even Father Josif could claim that an intentional kneeing.

For some reason Russian players have adopted the same style that Italian football players are famous: a 5 minutes death after every physical contact. Losers. Put some rocks into your pockets, so the weight will keep you on your feet. :shakehead

Paxton Fettel

Mar 3, 2006
Finnish strategy is working > Markov is taken out, Ovechkin takes his spot on the PP, and makes a lethal mistake at that spot that leads to the goal.

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Finland playing a much better team game so far. Eremenko looks pretty weak.

I hope the Russians can use their advantages in skill, speed and creativity a bit more in the rest of the game. If not, Finland will probably win this thing by the odd goal or so.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Really don't care intentionally or not. He knows what this can lead to, and chose to do that. 100% of blame.

What does it lead to? You know full well that team russia is packed with skilled players and thats their way to dominate. If they try to get physical, you know exactly which one of these two teams wins that game.

Phenomenon

Jun 10, 2006
A very good debut period from Ville Koistinen. No mistakes and every pass found its way to the right address. Maybe we could try him in the PP instead of Söderholm or Saravo?

CUBErt

Feb 13, 2006
Finland
Morkov out=Bergenheim 5+20. Nope, ney.
Yes, these things happen in hockey. Unfortunate accident and Bergenheim payed the full price by being thrown out. I fail to understand what else you want. I guess you're just setting up the explanations for a Finland win? C'mon buddy, have a little more faith in your team than that!

Phenomenon

Jun 10, 2006
Good luck that Ruutu's tackle did not throw Zinojev over the boards due, because it would have been 5+20 for trashing.:sarcasm:

DayWalk3r

YouTube Guru
Sep 13, 2005
Northern Hemisphere
For those who need a English stream.

mms://a846.l3156036845.c31560.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/846/31560/v0001/reflector:36845%2036845%26akcp=31560%26akserial=846%26fp=v001% <- Just paste this link in your browser (Internet Explorer) or just open up with WMP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad